Hacking R4DS NEW KERNAL 1.19

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is not simply YSMenu.. There is more to this than meets the eye..

I have my suspicions but I will dig a lot deeper at the hex level.

Watch this space. Please don't close this thread until I have had a chance to report my findings.

Z

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing...

This is a bastardized combination of Acekard, DSTT and YSMenu firmware/loaders.

You can see bits of each when you start to dig deep. NO WAY would I trust this on my precious R4.

And YES, I think Yasu is gonna be mighty pissed at this., along with the Acekard and DSTT teams.

Z

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
hmmm.. Looks like they are desperate if they steal everyone elses firmware..
mad.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
They're not desperate, they're just some ughh... I can't hold it anymore: muddaafakkuh! YASU (guaranteed) wil be pissed off, and since this ***hole posted here in GBATemp, why, maybe YASU thought we helped to distribute this shit and he said "I won't work on YSMenu anymore, nor will I work on anything about NDS, I've had enough" (well, it's just the worst case)

Can we ask mods to ban this guy? We've confirmed and established that r4team.com is an utter failure and is a fake...... there's no evidence needed anymore, this topic speaks for itself

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
it was... SKH if memory serves, he uploaded YASU's R4CCE, a translated to English version which is his work (the translation I mean) and YASU's pissed off, although it just makes him more popular.

Now, since this shit makes his popularity and pride?? worse, just think of his wrath, what with r4team posted it here.... I wonder what will happen? He didn't uploaded it here in GBATemp, that's good, but he registered to GBATemp, that's bad

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There's only one 1.19, from r4team.com that is.

So, your screen becomes green and blue? I can only assume it won't work, and that's that, this is (as someone said in the previous page, yea I'm too lazy to open it
glare.gif
) a combination of YSMenu and AceKard's loader, hexedited. It might cause conflict with R4, as it's not supposed to run with it, but I'm no coding master, so I can't speak technically

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is a fake, its a rip off of YSMenu from Yasu and also thanks to this fake R4 Team ripping off Yasu's work, Yasu may stop working on YSMenu which means that your R4 users may be out of luck.

So if you have an R4, don't use this 1.19 "update", stay away from it and use the real YSMenu. Basically this R4 Team just blatantly ripped off someone elses work and claimed it as their own. The last time this happened to Yasu, he came close to calling it quits and removing all support for is stuff. So if this happens again, expect no more updates for the YSMenu which means no more compatibility updates for you R4 users.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
This is a fake, its a rip off of YSMenu from Yasu and also thanks to this fake R4 Team ripping off Yasu's work, Yasu may stop working on YSMenu which means that your R4 users may be out of luck.

So if you have an R4, don't use this 1.19 "update", stay away from it and use the real YSMenu. Basically this R4 Team just blatantly ripped off someone elses work and claimed it as their own. The last time this happened to Yasu, he came close to calling it quits and removing all support for is stuff. So if this happens again, expect no more updates for the YSMenu which means no more compatibility updates for you R4 users.

In the YSMENU readme, it says the loader is the same as the dstt loader, so doesn't that mean the rom compatibility is actually dependent on the dstt team?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sephi said:
Narin said:

In the YSMENU readme, it says the loader is the same as the dstt loader, so doesn't that mean the rom compatibility is actually dependent on the dstt team?
Yes in a way, but it isn't 100% compatible yet as YSMenu still has some bugs. One such bug is that the soft reset doesn't work yet I believe in games and that some games don't work correctly yet. So if Yasu does cancel updates to YSMenu, we are basically screwed.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Sephi said:
Narin said:

Yes in a way, but it isn't 100% compatible yet as YSMenu still has some bugs. One such bug is that the soft reset doesn't work yet I believe in games and that some games don't work correctly yet. So if Yasu does cancel updates to YSMenu, we are basically screwed.
I see. I hope yasu keeps working on ysmenu then.

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ill be pissed if this is ysmenu

I WILL SUE THEM lol....

i hope r4 team (real) sues r4 team (fake)

Posts merged

IT IS YSMENU IM NOT JOKING!!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, I stuck this loader on my R4 (mine is the really old type with a blob instead of a numbered chip) and Kirby Ultra and Sonic Chronicles works.

One little problem though.....boot slot 2 (3rd icon) doesn't work. It says, "System file is missing".

What's that about? I mean besides the fact that they ripped off YSmenu......what's missing? I have an M3 Perfect in slot2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Poyo