Hacking What the 1.19 firmware will be like IF it gets released

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I messaged the "well" known r4team.com and IF , we say IF the R4 firmware gets out it won't have much new features...
Here's my message:
QUOTE said:
So u are supposed to be an official of the R4 team right??? Can you please tell me what this new kernal has plus than the 1.18 version? I mean are there slight differences as game fixes or bigger differences as wii connectivity?

Please answer my questions....

Regards (let's say so)
PK

Here's the answer:
QUOTETks a lot for ur concern.

First of all,we r official r4 team since we took over the r4 development that is why we make a new website in order to try to rebuild new image in public,of which,u can realise from our website from what we emphazied from the pcb and the chip model no 0815..if u r a reseller or client,when u go to any shop in this world and take one original r4ds and open the r4 to see the pcb inside and the model no to make sure if u r buying exactly what we produced as mentioned in our website r4team.com from product catagory..

Secondly,for the new kernal,it will be updated just in these days,it might be today...which is can improve better enough for many of the new games,so in this case,its compatability has been improved...our next step is to try to update to support sdhc but the inside pcb and chip should be improved but that is our next step..

If any questions,pls directly contact by mail at [email protected]

Tks a lot again and hope that my answer is good enough..

R4 TEAM;
As it seems the unprofessional language of this r4team.com member her on gbatemp continues...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that block of text has been spammed all over this forum section
all BS of course, a clone site and obvious troll is obvious

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reality Check Alert!

Ok, lets take a look at a few facts here...

The new "R4 Team" is making a HUGE thing about this mystical "0815# Model number" and how anything that is not an "0815#" is a fake.

The original posting by the R4 team when saying how to detect a fake said that "0817#" was the last production run.

My real R4 is an "07xx#" model number, as I suspect are many out there.

This is just a date code on the chip... YYWW with last 2 digits of year followed by 2 digit week number.

So, if the new "R4 Team" is saying it must be "0815#", what is the betting that they just happen to have bought a whole load of chips made that particular week, and are using that "0815#" to scam people into thinking the R4s they are shipping are the real deal?

As far as I can see, if you have an ATF01 chip with a date code lower than or equal to "0817#", the R4 Team should be supporting it. Why focus on one specific date? I smell a well engineered scam here.

Regards,
Z.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1