Hacking R4DS Micro SD reader corrupts card?

Spotpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using the SD adapter that came with my flash card to transfer files onto the Micro SD. The problem is if I use the Micro SD USB drive that came with the R4DS it renders the card corrupted it seems. I've only used it three times and every single time I tried the USB drive either refused to write to the card, hung, or corrupted whatever was on the card in the third case.

Has anyone else had these problems? I'm fairly content with using the SD adapter, but having a micro SD reader/writer would be nice too. I don't want to send the whole thing back to get a replacement either.

anjel

Trophies
XP
Country
I used the R4 reader for a few days, and then it started to freeze my PC whenever I plugged it in. It's not a very reliable accessory.
smile.gif

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome; why'd they bother including this POS then anyways? It costs them money and ruins cards :T

Ugh.
There was apparently a bad batch of the readers. They assumed they all worked, which majority of them do. I've used mine since I got it and it's been perfect. The few bad ones that turned up became enough of a problem that they replaced it with a totally different one. Nonetheless, I was lucky enough to get one of them that has no problems at all.

EDIT: ...this is like, the third time you've beat me to a response, iamwhoiam...making my post redundant..stop fucking ninjaing all over my shit
mad.gif
ph34r.gif
mad.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had no problems yet with the card reader I got. I do have another card reader but that doesn't read microsd cards. The R4 reader just saves me plugging the microsd card into an sd adapter.

aphexpusher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the R4 reader for a few days, and then it started to freeze my PC whenever I plugged it in. It's not a very reliable accessory.
smile.gif
had the same problem with the blue reader I got with my r4. first it was freezing my pc then I had issues with corrupted files and directories and then finally it just melted lol literally melted. nuts. just dont use em. not worth it. buy a cheap one from newegg.com or something.

nbcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so once the card is corrupt, what do you do? I've tried to put it into my camera and it's so corrupt that my camera won't turn on.
Does this mean that the MircoSD is hooped?

Spotpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I reformatted the flash card and it worked fine. But I am not going to use the USB reader again. Risk just isn't worth it; if it's corrupting files, who knows what else could go wrong?

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got my R4 on the way ordered from BambooGaming (shipping takes forever!).

How will I know if my reader is from the new batch or the old batch? Does anyone have the new batch already? Whats the difference?

Pics of corrupted Readers and new batch readers would be helpful...

Thanks

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the small black/grey TF reader with the two raised diamonds in the new batch from from RHS. Worked for a little while and then started locking up. POS. Luckily I went back to my old reader before the freebie killed any of my cards.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got my R4 on the way ordered from BambooGaming (shipping takes forever!).

How will I know if my reader is from the new batch or the old batch? Does anyone have the new batch already? Whats the difference?

Pics of corrupted Readers and new batch readers would be helpful...

Thanks
There's already been like 5 different readers they've sent out from what I've seen/read. Apparently this one (link) seen in the review doesn't work according to shaunj66 (link). This is the one I received (link) and it's worked perfectly since I've got it. Then there's the black/grey one just mentioned (sorry, can't find a pic of). I also think there's at least one more I've read that someone got. Not sure what to tell ya since the different ones included obviously aren't consistent enough :/

Spotpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the reader that is dark grey that is slightly transparent with 2 raised diamond/square sections. It's borked :T

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have one of the blue ones. It's still working fine after several dozen uses, but with a lot of people having problems with it, I'm getting worried if it will fry my microsd one day... I've switched temporarily to an ultra slow 1MB/s reader.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up