• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R4?

• OF COURSE!

• Imah newbi3 wats5 a fla5hcart L337!

• I USE AN CYCLODS AND HAVE ACCESS TO MY WII IN DIAMOND AND DESERVE TO DIE FOR BRINGING THIS UP! YAY!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sephiroth said:
The only difference is how the cases look. There's no magical upgrades on V2. Unless you got a cloned card instead of the official V2, there might be SDHC support.

Now your just teasing me. I dont want SDHC support! i want Wii-DS connectivity! and any other differences. the case look is a very vague difference.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Teasing you? The R4 Upgrade V2 is a clone not made by R4, and it might have SDHC, it says it does, but it probably doesn't.

The only difference with the real one is that the case is changed a bit.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
The main difference between v1 & v2 is that v1's microsd slot is spring loaded as v2's microsd slot isn't!

They changed it as loads and loads of people were complaining that the spring was breaking, the other difference is a slight reshape to the outer plastic shell and that's it.

paul

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This guy speaks the truth. Scam out your R4 and buy a Cyclo.
R4 is dead, let it rest in peace.
This still annoys me. The R4 is perfectly fine, it just lacks the premium of quick updates, SDHC and Wii to DS connectivity. Most people can cope without that. Though if I am offered a free or cheap CycloDS, I'll probably get it lol.

And I'm assuming Wii-DS connectivity isn't possible (confirmation?), otherwise it would've been activated in all flash cards by now.

Oh, and on "V2", apparently SDHC support is falsely advertised, it's not really supported.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I suggest not getting the R4, there are plenty of flashcards out there that are far cheaper and have better support, compatibility and features. The R4 has stopped being manufactured which means that it has reached the end of its life. You can expect only minor updates if any at all from the R4 team though right now, it doesn't look promising.

Several games, even some that came out over a year ago don't work on the R4. Also many newer games coming out have problems on the R4 either not running the game at all or the game is extremely buggy and freeze often. Also games with the new save type are not supported on the R4 so any games coming out with the new save type will not save. Also there are a few homebrew apps that have trouble on the R4 as well.

The R4 overall, is extremely limited and buggy. The cheat system has many flaws and can cause games to freeze or simply nt work when using cheats on some games. Also a few cheat types are not supported leaving you with a good many cheats not working on the R4. Also the R4 limits the number of cheats and games that gets displayed on the cheats page.

So basically, the R4 is on life support ans has been for quite a long time now. Many newer flashcards have surpassed the R4 in many ways, including compatibility. The R4 is showing its age, thanks to hardware limitations (The R4 Firmware not being flashable), features like SDHC support and many others can never be added. The R4 was a fine cart when it first came out, but now its just an old, over prices flashcard.

I also want to know that the R4 has many clones as well, some supporting SDHC cards. These are not enhanced R4s nor improved, they simply had the hardware added to support SDHC cards while the loader/firmware they use is the exact same as the real R4DS byte to byte. This means that the clones have the same problems of the real R4DS and if the R4DS stops getting updated, so will the clones. So the R4 Upgrade V2, R4DS III and so on are just all cheat knockoffs and should be avoided at all costs as the R4 Team is planning one last update that will brick the clones and possibly the DS that they are on.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol. You do know the r4 isn't being made anymore, right?
Its dead. You will never get wii compatability. I just bought a cyclo with an 8g micro sd, you should too.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont care if i revieved a 2yr old thread i just want wii connectivity 4 warioware diy and pokemon hg/ss and yes i have a r4 sdhc and am not getting a FUKING CYCLODS R4'ss are awesome

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cooleo said:
i dont care if i revieved a 2yr old thread i just want wii connectivity 4 warioware diy and pokemon hg/ss and yes i have a r4 sdhc and am not getting a FUKING CYCLODS R4'ss are awesome
I'm sorry to pop your bubble but its called R4 wood! Go use it. There's wood for fake R4s too. Don't need to grave dig.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
WE NEED AN UPDATE!
I WANT 100 PEOPLE TO SIGN THEIR NAME ON THIS PETITION!

I've had enough!
All i want to do is get Pokemon Diamond to have wii connectivity. Some guys said that "cyclods has this recently fixed". "go borrow a cyclods from a friend"."Go get a cyclods" WELL GUESS WHAT! IM 13 GOING ON TO 14, DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD, HAVE TO PAY VIA CASH VIA MY DAD, HAVE SPENT MY ALOWENCE IN ADVANCE AND DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A 'CYCLODS'. IF SOMEONE SAYS GET AN ACEKARD THEY DESERVE TO DIE! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! WE NEED AN UPDATE! WE NEED AN UPDATE! SIGN YOUR NAME AND I'LL EMAIL IT OFF TO R4 TEAM! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! MY FELLOW R4 USERS! ACT NOW! ASK IN YOUR POST IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED!

IN A FULL BLOWN RAGE!

-8BitWalugi

PETITION -15
-8BitWalugi
-Satangel
-Gullwing
-mtsuboi
-snaai8
-playallday
-dinofan01
-shinsil
-da_head
-pilotwangs
-Om3ga
-Rayder
-ds_magic
-jan777
-thermaltake
yes but use woodr4 because r4 team got killed off by the Big N's Ninja Lawers

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gamefreak94 said:
cooleo said:
I'm sorry to pop your bubble but its called R4 wood! Go use it. There's wood for fake R4s too. Don't need to grave dig.

Ino know i found it after i posed this sorry wood is da best!

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aahrrr.... I'll sign -_-

I have an M3i Zero though xD

But it doesn't hurt to sign
tongue.gif

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
GUYS! For crying out loud!
This is no longer a "petition" thread. This thread no longer makes sense.

There is no "R4 Team" anymore. They're dead. There are only clones and fakes now. Stop trying to "sign" this "petition". Just deal with the fact that the original R4 will never receive any official updates ever again.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
GUYS! For crying out loud!
This is no longer a "petition" thread. This thread no longer makes sense.

There is no "R4 Team" anymore. They're dead. There are only clones and fakes now. Stop trying to "sign" this "petition". Just deal with the fact that the original R4 will never receive any official updates ever again.
^THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*