Hacking R4 Gold Pro upgrade 1.4.5a problems

Jodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is a common question.!

I recently upgraded my DSi XL to 1.4.5a (by accident..) and blocked my R4 from the console >.<
I'm not really confident on how to upgrade the firmware and followed this link http://www.r4isdhc.com.cn/soft/Gold/R4isdhc-Gold1.62.rar and loaded those files onto my R4.

I have it working on DS lite& DSi but no luck with DSi XL on 1.4.5 T_T
Can anyone suggest something that may work?

Thanks in advance

Jodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure have the 2012 version.
I just downloaded both kernel and upgrade from that link am about to give it a shot, I have a feeling i may have tried running this update already without success but I'll see how it goes.
Do i need to run it on a DS lite or is DSi fine?

Thanks for the help!

Jodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aw no luck..
I ran the update on my regular DSi but it's still coming up with an error message when I try and access it on DSi XL >.<

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You didn't run anything. You have to be able to get into the R4 game selection menu to run the .nds update file. If you have a "new"/2012 gold card use the kernel and firmware upgrade here:

http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_white_new/

I know it doesn't match you card but the hardware should be the same

Use your DS Lite to do this. The card in your 1.4.5 DSi won't work until the card gets flashed.

PS: posting a photo of your card would help there are so many variations...

Jodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that firmware too and no luck.
I think somehow an update has been run previously on the card, When trying to run the update it say's 'Kernell to low!' Current version: V:7.00?
Is there anyway of downgrading your card?

Thanks again for the help!

Jodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's now saying ‘The current version and the upgrade are the same, no need to update’.. It must of had the update installed already.
Is there anyway to downgrade the R4, and try running V.7.1.0 again?

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No you can't downgrade the R4 or your system. If you already flashed the card (in the R4i flasher program) it should now work in your DSi meaning you should get passed the black "an errored has occured" screen? Do you?

Did you put on the kernel from the page I last linked to? I'm not talking about the firmware upgrade, i'm talking about the kernel upgrade (the "patch" folder and "_ds_menu.dat" file). With that kernel you shouldn't see "the kernel is too low" message.

Jodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the kernel with the 'Patch' folder from the last link before using the firmware upgrade, and it's still not working on the 1.4.5 system..
I'm still getting the same error message from when I first upgraded the DSi XL to 1.4.5.

I'm not sure what R4i flasher program is, I've just been copying the firmware update to the root of the SD card.

Jodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Correct, I think I had already ran the 7.00 update when the problem first occurred but I was still unable to access my R4 on the 1.4.5 system.
And yes the screen on the link is what I've been getting but with the update versions different.

I think I'm running out of options which blows because I can't afford another R4 right now >.<

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had a few cards like these that I couldn't get working on a 1.4.5 DSi or 3DS only a DS Lite even though they should. The card is just faulty sorry.

BTW the 2013 cards supported 1.4.5 from day one as 1.4.5 was released before the 2013 cards came to market so an update was never required.

Jodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I was just going to buy another card I was just broke this week and had plenty of time off to game.! is the R4i 3DS the best option?
Cheers for all the help trying to get in working though ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff