Hacking R4 DS (update to work on 3DS?)

Euden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a 3ds today already updated to v2.1.0-4E, hoping to use my R4 card on it, it doesnt even register in the card slot as a card. is there any updates for the R4 cards used on the original DS for the 3ds? or am i going to have to invest in another card?

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no you need a new card to use on the 3ds the original r4 is only for the ds/dsl

edit : ninja'd
ph34r.gif

Andreagun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me
tongue.gif
1 info.
I have the r4i sdhc compatible with 3ds. I have updated my 3ds firmware yesterday, can i use my r4i (updating the card on the official site) with the latest 3ds firmware?? or nintendo will block my 3ds?? Sorry for my noob questions, but i'm afraid :S

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Andreagun said:
Excuse me
tongue.gif
1 info.
I have the r4i sdhc compatible with 3ds. I have updated my 3ds firmware yesterday, can i use my r4i (updating the card on the official site) with the latest 3ds firmware?? or nintendo will block my 3ds?? Sorry for my noob questions, but i'm afraid :S
By r4 sdhc I'm going to assume you mean a www.r4i-sdhc.com cart. If so as you have already updated your 3DS software then you will need to update your cart in either a DS/DSl or an unuipdated 3DS/DSi before it will work in your now updated 3DS.

Andreagun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a link that explain how to update the r4?? I have a ds lite black.. Can i update the r4 with that console?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Andreagun said:
Do you have a link that explain how to update the r4?? I have a ds lite black.. Can i update the r4 with that console?
It would be more helpful if rather than calling your cart a R4 you used the webaddress on the front of your cart (your cart isn't a real R4 as it is SDHC compatible and it's also, from what you say, supposed to be compatible with the 3DS which are things that the original R4 cart were never designed to do) as that way we can properly identify your cart and it's update procedure.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Euden said:
I bought a 3ds today already updated to v2.1.0-4E, hoping to use my R4 card on it, it doesnt even register in the card slot as a card. is there any updates for the R4 cards used on the original DS for the 3ds? or am i going to have to invest in another card?

The original message was from Euden,

Can you post the picture of the card that you're using.

If you bought a R4i gold card from r4ids.cn even though it's not a 3ds card.... you can update it to work on the latest version of the firmware. however if it's not a R4i Gold card then unfortunately i believe that you'll have to get a newer card.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Immortal_no1 said:
Euden said:

The original message was from Euden,

Can you post the picture of the card that you're using.

If you bought a R4i gold card from r4ids.cn even though it's not a 3ds card.... you can update it to work on the latest version of the firmware. however if it's not a R4i Gold card then unfortunately i believe that you'll have to get a newer card.
It's already been established that Euden has an original R4 card which is why it is not being recognised at all.

Many R4i cards can now be updated to work with the 3DS firmware not just R4i Gold cards (of which there are several different cards calling themselves the "official" R4i Gold card (as there are no such things as "official" R4i cards let alone R4i Gold cards it is just a marketing gimmick) and not all of them can be updated).

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
What shit are you writing here, Buleste???

R4 Gold and R4idsn are official supported through Wood.

That's not a marketing gimmik, but the truth.

Both cards run very good, they even run better than DS2 or AK2i.

Maybe you don't like them, but don't spam shit about them on internet forums.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Nathanaël said:
What shit are you writing here, Buleste???

R4 Gold and R4idsn are official supported through Wood.

That's not a marketing gimmik, but the truth.

Both cards run very good, they even run better than DS2 or AK2i.

Maybe you don't like them, but don't spam shit about them on internet forums.
I am not spreading shit.

The R4idsn.com R4i gold is officially supported by the Wood team but they are not Official R4i carts made by the original R4 team. Therefore they are not official carts. They are clones.

No R4i carts can be called official as the original R4 team never made an R4i cart. Therefore for anyone to say they are producing the "official" R4i cart would be a marketing gimmick and not the truth.

I never said whether I liked them or not nor did I compare them to any other flashcart so do not go falsely accusing me of anything.

Please think before you go needlessly attacking people.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Buleste said:
The R4idsn.com R4i gold is officially supported by the Wood team but they are not Official R4i carts made by the original R4 team.

Oh really???

Nobody ever claimed that, you know...

Thy get official support through Wood. They run very good. They don't need flashing like a DSTwo or an Acekard.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Nathanaël said:
Thy get official support through Wood. They run very good. They don't need flashing like a DSTwo or an Acekard.
As I said they get Official support from the Wood team. However this does not make them Official R4i carts as they were not made by the R4 team. It means that they are officially supported by the team that create the kernel updates for the official R4 cart and it's clones.

Also to say they do not need flashing is incorrect. They didn't need flashing for the last firmware updates unlike most other carts. However they may well need flashing when the next set of DSi/3DS firmware updates come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap +1