• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well it's unfortunate that there are so many games out there that I just can't but because of my financial dilemma. So when I am able to buy a game I do. Piracy isn't a first choice. The question was how do I backup burnt DVDs so I can get the ISO to play off a flash drive
On the wii can rip them the same way a retail ones (eg simply usb loader you use)

Aditionally you should be able to rip them on a PC using normal disc copy utilities.
(at least iirc I used dd to do it, so most tools should work)

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the wii can rip them the same way a retail ones (eg simply usb loader you use)

Aditionally you should be able to rip them on a PC using normal disc copy utilities.

(at least iirc I used dd to do it, so most tools should work)

Alright thanks a lot. I appreciate the help.

Link615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use Wiiflow, and CompleteSoftModGuide said I could make it use my SD Card instead of a USB by typing
data_on_usb=no and saving it to a ini in the wiiflow folder, but I still get a picture telling me to insert a USB.

Shakespeares

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's get out the noob question of the year. I softmodded my Wii 4.3 with Hackmii and Letterbomb. Can someone give/link me an extremely noob-friendly guide to playing Gamecube ISOs from the SD card?

neoxdonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used 3 games to make a gamecube multigame iso with MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F, when I play it on my Wii using "NeoGamma R9 beta 56" the disk loads when I click "Launch Game on DVD" it goes to Neogamma back up launcher I click "Y for NTSC" it says Drive 20060526 ok!, GC2-DMS/D2A Drive Found!" then it just goes to Main Menu with the options "Boot DVD" and "Credits" I click boot dvd and the text "Place a Disk in the drive Press A to start the process..." shows up I press "A" then it just repeats s Drive 20060526 ok!,GC2-DMS/D2A Drive Found!... No games show up. Is there anysort of solution to this?

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a slight problem.

I have never had a problem running a backup game using usb loader gx but I can't get Pandora's Tower (PAL) to work. All I get is black screen and my Wii remote disconnects.
I have tried CFG usb loader and still no go. The Last Story works flawlessly and if I'm not mistaken those two games uses the same ios, right?
The Last Story is burnt onto a DVD though, would it be any difference if I tried to burn Pandora's Tower or is that a dead end?
I have about 15-20 games and all of them works without problem, only Pandora's Tower thats problematic.
And I have all the latest updates and my Wii is 4.3e PAL.

Thanks in advance.

And also, I re-modded my Wii but didn't help.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi,

coming back to the Wii after not using it at all in well over a year - after Ive updated the IOS and HBC and installed a USB loader of some sort I then need to prep a USB HDD so I can backup my original games.

My question is - do I need to still have multiple partitions and different formats so I can play NAND emulated VC games and ISO / .WBFS files? Or can I just format a 1TB USB HDD as FAT32 and everything is compatible now?

Ideally I'd like to play my VC games, ISO or WBFS (is there any preference now or no difference at all? I used to use a program by f1g2k4 to convert to .WBFS from memory) Wii backups and maybe even try backing up and playing the few GC discs I've got.

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: I've been reading back a few pages and FAT32 appears to be the best / most compatible for emus and HB etc. Can I run VC and GC from FAT32 please?
Also is it still 'best practice' to store the game covers on the SD card (for faster access)? Thanks.

steeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just done first Wii soft mod. How do I install DLC? Can they be installed to USB or does all DLC and Wiiware have to go to SD?

cheers

lucasbuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I make an ISO from a burnt-backup disc to put on my harddrive, or just originals? Sorry if that's a silly question, but I didn't know if I would run into problems since it wasn't an original. Can I back it up through Wiiflow, or is there another method I should use? Thanks for any help.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Can I make an ISO from a burnt-backup disc to put on my harddrive, or just originals? Sorry if that's a silly question, but I didn't know if I would run into problems since it wasn't an original. Can I back it up through Wiiflow, or is there another method I should use? Thanks for any help.
I think you can if your drive supports it. Why not just try it?

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For newer drives that don't read backup discs you can do it using imgburn on a PC. Rip the image as an ISO and you can then convert it to wbfs using WiimsTools or sneek using discex.

KaylaKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm trying to play Ocarina of Time, the gamecube version, on Neogamma on my PAL Wii. It loads ok, and I get to a screen when I choose the normal version or the Master Quest (or videos). But whatever I try to load, it just returns to the Wii men, restarting the Wii and showing the "health and safety ect" message.
Where is the problem? Thanks in advance.

jonathansmith369

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a really entry level question to get started on using the basic functions of CFG USB loader. Is it generally accepted that it is okay to use an SD card for normal wii functions (backup official VC & WW games and store backup save files) and also have a USB loader (and other basic homebrew like save managers) on there?

I hacked both my Wiis when my old one had its disc drive quit, so I could rip all my games to a hard drive on my good system to use on a USB loader on both. I don't have any major homebrew items on the SD card and all I need is the USB loader on there. I do not anticipate trying to do any real power user stuff on my systems like playing GC from SD or loading wads off an emulated nand. I did use MMM to install a couple of wads so I could have my real purchased games from my old system on my newer one too. On the SD card I have CFG loader that is run from the channel forwarder on my system, and a couple other basic HBC items like save game manager. I like to store the VC games on the SD card so I don't take up all the space on the system, but I really don't know if it is safe long term to keep real Wii stuff and homebrew stuff on the same card?

Should I be running CFG off the USB harddrive with my games and use the SD card only for normal functions? I'm sure it is mentioned elsewhere, but should CFG loader be run off the SD card or USB drive for faster loading or better performance? Should I check into installing the loader as a full channel on the system or is that not recommended and more likely that an inexperienced user might brick a system? Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide on how to best run my setup.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have a really entry level question to get started on using the basic functions of CFG USB loader. Is it generally accepted that it is okay to use an SD card for normal wii functions (backup official VC & WW games and store backup save files) and also have a USB loader (and other basic homebrew like save managers) on there?

I hacked both my Wiis when my old one had its disc drive quit, so I could rip all my games to a hard drive on my good system to use on a USB loader on both. I don't have any major homebrew items on the SD card and all I need is the USB loader on there. I do not anticipate trying to do any real power user stuff on my systems like playing GC from SD or loading wads off an emulated nand. I did use MMM to install a couple of wads so I could have my real purchased games from my old system on my newer one too. On the SD card I have CFG loader that is run from the channel forwarder on my system, and a couple other basic HBC items like save game manager. I like to store the VC games on the SD card so I don't take up all the space on the system, but I really don't know if it is safe long term to keep real Wii stuff and homebrew stuff on the same card?

Should I be running CFG off the USB harddrive with my games and use the SD card only for normal functions? I'm sure it is mentioned elsewhere, but should CFG loader be run off the SD card or USB drive for faster loading or better performance? Should I check into installing the loader as a full channel on the system or is that not recommended and more likely that an inexperienced user might brick a system? Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide on how to best run my setup.
As long as there's enough space on the SD card for both of them, both can coexist just fine. Most homebrew has got to the point now that there's no real danger of getting your SD card corrupted or anything. If you really are worried about it you could always backup the official Wii stuff on your computer or something. It's all in the "private" folder on your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!