• Likes 6

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
As long as there's enough space on the SD card for both of them, both can coexist just fine.
Thanks. I was hoping that was the case. Do you happen to have any advice on whether CFG is faster or better performing when it is run off the SD or from the USB drive?
That is another point, though. Unless you have a really crappy hard drive USB is almost always faster than the SD card.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
very quick question,

I have this Wii and recently I softmod it using Modmii.

I tried using Neogamma R9 to hopefully play Gamecube backup games, however, when I try to test my drive it says 'it was too new for dvd-r'

So my question now is,

the Wii that I have, can it play legit gamecube games? since it says, it has backward compatibility with gamecube games on amazon? Or it isn't possible at all? I heard the new super mario bros. bundle is the one that doesn't have backwards compatibility at all.

Is there any another alternatives to play gamecube games other than dvd backups?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If it has slots for GC controllers (4x) and memory cards (2x) it can play GC without a problem.
If it does not then not (at least not without major hw mods).

manateeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe due to my post count this is the only section i really qualify for :P

well i'll make it quick: i recently formatted my hard drive to fat32 and copy pasted all my sd files on there (same file system, should be fine right? damn i'm stupid) no, MMM doesnt want to work, even when i select to read from usb. bootmii also doesn't load up at start. i managed to manually change the files paths for usb loader gx to usb (so i guess it's not really a loader question, but i figure it's simple enough for you guys to know)

second question IS a loader question. i thought virtual nand would be easy, i saw an option in the features section to install a wad, and could select anything from my fat32 usb. however, no matter what i select, it flashes an error message (i can't read the message, but the message is ironically a "can't read" message). it then proceeds to freeze on an installing screen which is permanently stuck at 0%

can someone please tell me how i messed up?

loismustdie555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is renting games from GameFly then copying them while I have them considered "piracy" or illegal?

Forgive me if I'm a n00b, I sold my Wii and games long ago to get some PSN credits and recently sold my PSP Go to get a PS Vita (best system ever BTW) but took it back so I could have an iPhone 4S and a Wii and wait to get the PS Vita 2000, so Wii hacking is kinda new to me.

loismustdie555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i found my problem--i was using partial nand emulation instead of full. i guess i'm off to troubleshoot some more

If I remember correctly you need to have a NAND dump, but not one from BootMii, you must select "Full" NAND emulation and use the option to dump NAND to Emu NAND in USB Loader GX, then copy to USB and set custom path, but I don't remember where the "dump NAND to Emu NAND" option is.

manateeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i found my problem--i was using partial nand emulation instead of full. i guess i'm off to troubleshoot some more

If I remember correctly you need to have a NAND dump, but not one from BootMii, you must select "Full" NAND emulation and use the option to dump NAND to Emu NAND in USB Loader GX, then copy to USB and set custom path, but I don't remember where the "dump NAND to Emu NAND" option is.

for future reference, if anyone in need stumbles across this, all i did was create a nand.bin and key.bin file on my sd from bootmii. i then used nand extractor (a computer program) to extract nand.bin to the nand folder on my hard drive. i had previously dumped the nand to emunand and was sucessful prior to extraction but it was only partial nand. with the full nand in the usb i could install and play vc and wiiware no problem

Reactions: 1 person

loismustdie555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

for future reference, if anyone in need stumbles across this, all i did was create a nand.bin and key.bin file on my sd from bootmii. i then used nand extractor (a computer program) to extract nand.bin to the nand folder on my hard drive. i had previously dumped the nand to emunand and was sucessful prior to extraction but it was only partial nand. with the full nand in the usb i could install and play vc and wiiware no problem

Thnks :P

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Can I use mini-dvd-r's with cMios on an older Wii that can boot full size DVD's?

I want to burn 1:1 copies of some Gamecube games and I can't find a single mini-dvd. They all come in packs so I can't cheaply test it. If it doesn't work I'd have a stack of disc I wouldn't use laying around.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That highly depends on the wii disc drive, my wii doesnt work with mini dvds for example, but I know some persons why exactly the same discs run.

Donnie1979

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He guys, im all new to this so i wanna know which wiiflow version is the best up to date, i did some research and found out i need to change the cios settings for some games to run properly so ill do that later just want to start with the best version of wiiflow and then set all the settings.​

and whats best for wiiflow
format my harddrive as FAT32 or NTFS?​
Thanks in advance​

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Can I use mini-dvd-r's with cMios on an older Wii that can boot full size DVD's?

I want to burn 1:1 copies of some Gamecube games and I can't find a single mini-dvd. They all come in packs so I can't cheaply test it. If it doesn't work I'd have a stack of disc I wouldn't use laying around.
That highly depends on the wii disc drive, my wii doesnt work with mini dvds for example, but I know some persons why exactly the same discs run.
Yeah, for example mine does accept mini-DVD's and mini-DVD-R's but those are usually a bit more expensive. You can still burn a 1:1 copy of a GC game on a full sized DVD-R and it will play it just fine. It's usually cheaper that way.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question: Is renting games from GameFly then copying them while I have them considered "piracy" or illegal?
law differs greatly by location but generally its along those lines:

ripping the game is probably illegal in ALL cases since will violate copy protection circumvention laws (eg part of the DMCA afaik)

but while having a rip while possessing a legal copy is still technically illegal, it is not really persecuted (at least im not aware of any cases)
same goes for owning a destroyed copy (but you may have to prove ownership)
both are not considered piracy by gbatemp

retainig a copy while loosing possession to someone else is probably illegal too (and considered piracy here) but hard for anyone to notice
(here in germany this by itself is legal for music/video but not for software)
but even it it is legal the copy protection circumvention might still get you in touble if noticed (this case is persecuted sometimes)

tl;dr: delete it when you return it

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the newest DML, 1.5 i think, and when I try to boot up Paper Mario: TTYD it hangs on the gcloader screen thing. I haven't used DML in a few months and I never saw that gcloader screen before, so I guess it's something new. Is it buggy or something? I tried booting it via neogamma and with a forwarder channel thing

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I just installed the newest DML, 1.5 i think, and when I try to boot up Paper Mario: TTYD it hangs on the gcloader screen thing. I haven't used DML in a few months and I never saw that gcloader screen before, so I guess it's something new. Is it buggy or something? I tried booting it via neogamma and with a forwarder channel thing
Check to see if other games work or not.
The GC Loader screen is new from version 1.0 and the downside of some improvements made at that point was that some SD card were no longer compatible.
If other games still don't work, try installing the latest version that didn't have that problem, r59mod. http://www.mediafire.com/?qk17b9hubiki4v7 the link has everything you need to build the WAD to install.

The other options is just getting a different brand/model of SD card :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...