• Start date
  • Views 517,217
  • Replies 3,818
  • Likes 6

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks, I can't get Project M (a Smash Bros Mod) to work on a USB loader, I have the most up to date versions of
c204.gif
Neogamma (it freezes whenever I mount the WBFS),
c204.gif
Configurable USB Loader and
c204.gif
USB Loader GX, they get past the the strap menu and url screens and then freeze at a white screen. I load the game up with Ocarina on and VBI as a hook. I have no idea what else I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Details for CFG loader: loader version: 70r35, ios248, with a ios56 d2x mload v1.0 as a base

neochaos21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. so i modded my wii using the "Softmod Any wii guide"
and then installed DML using this guide
i haven't done anything else besides those two steps
but now, when i go to load Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, the video is lagging horrible (only a couple frames per second)
is it because i'm using a compressed version of TTYD (which i will test by trying the uncompressed one after this post), or did i do something horribly wrong?
man, this is at the top of my list to play, and i can't even emulate it (shitty laptop overheats). any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: so i tried uncompressed. the lag is a *little* better, but still unplayable
i'm using a SanDisk 2GB MicroSD card, through a Samsung microSD adapter. could it be either of those reasons? (i have a bad feeling it's the micro->adapter)
i hope not, i don't have the cash to buy a full SDHC card
i do however have a 16GB SDHC SanDisk MicroSD that I use for my DS, but if the problem is the adapter, then that does me no good =/

keyanf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WBFS file and a Wii with the Homebrew channel but no working disc drive. How do I use these things toggether?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WBFS file and a Wii with the Homebrew channel but no working disc drive. How do I use these things toggether?
with an usb/sd loader

How? I can find intrustions for partitioning a external harddrive to use it, but not an SD card or USB (the instructions explicitly say it doesn't work on removable storage)

you dont need to partition an external hard drive. USB loaders use mostly any partition in FAT32, NTFS, or WBFS formatted drives.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
hi. so i modded my wii using the "Softmod Any wii guide"
and then installed DML using this guide
i haven't done anything else besides those two steps
but now, when i go to load Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, the video is lagging horrible (only a couple frames per second)
is it because i'm using a compressed version of TTYD (which i will test by trying the uncompressed one after this post), or did i do something horribly wrong?
man, this is at the top of my list to play, and i can't even emulate it (shitty laptop overheats). any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: so i tried uncompressed. the lag is a *little* better, but still unplayable
i'm using a SanDisk 2GB MicroSD card, through a Samsung microSD adapter. could it be either of those reasons? (i have a bad feeling it's the micro->adapter)
i hope not, i don't have the cash to buy a full SDHC card
i do however have a 16GB SDHC SanDisk MicroSD that I use for my DS, but if the problem is the adapter, then that does me no good =/
The adapter shouldn't have anything to do with it. Compressing it shouldn't either (they say "compressed" but it really should say "trimmed". the data is just as easy to read either way.)
The problem very well could be the formatting. It's recommended that you format in FAT16 or FAT32 with 64k clusters (at least 32k if 64k isn't available) only FAT32 will be available for the 16gb one and you might have to choose FAT16 for the 2gb one for that option to be available.
Just back up the contents of either card before doing so and put it back when you're done. It shouldn't effect your DS at all.

EDIT : Also, I noticed on the guide you linked (just reading the first few sections) that they almost SUGGEST using r21 which is really old and I do remember that version being laggy no matter what I did. I'd suggest getting the newest version here. http://code.google.com/p/diosmioslite/downloads/detail?name=DIOS%20MIOS%20Lite%20v1.5.wad&can=2&q=
if that one's not compatible with your SD cards, then try this one which is the version with the best SD card compatibility.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qk17b9hubiki4v7

neochaos21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks man, i'm gunna give it a try tomorrow. dealing with some shit right now, but i'll let you know what happens
so the formatting worked!
well, yeah. it skips a frame about every three seconds, but it's playable. i had to use FAT on the 2gb, so maybe that's why. i'm in the process of transferring everything to my 16gb instead. more space, and maybe FAT32 will clear up the issue.
if not, i still didn't try the new .wad you suggested. if the new format doesn't fix the frameskip, then i'll try that
but yeah, thanks for the help man. i appreciate it
(now i just gotta trim my ds library from 6gigs to 2gigs, haha)

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi I just format my hdd to fat 32 and have no games on it yet. Was wondering will my old wbfs games work if I put them on this fat 32 hdd? or do I need to redownload games? if so how do I know they are for fat 32?
if you still got them they will work
just use WiiBackupManager to put them there or use a loader to rip them again
even that moderate waste of time could have been avoided with a little look to the tutorial section

Reactions: 1 person

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Hi I just format my hdd to fat 32 and have no games on it yet. Was wondering will my old wbfs games work if I put them on this fat 32 hdd? or do I need to redownload games? if so how do I know they are for fat 32?
if you still got them they will work
just use WiiBackupManager to put them there or use a loader to rip them again
even that moderate waste of time could have been avoided with a little look to the tutorial section
soz I did check but I confused the shiz out of myself, needed to hear someone tell me direct. thank you.

KingMiniMoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could anybody help me with getting the Gamecube memory card emulator to work in Wiiflow? When I turn it on the game tells me that it can't find a memory card. Is there a special file that I need?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Could anybody help me with getting the Gamecube memory card emulator to work in Wiiflow? When I turn it on the game tells me that it can't find a memory card. Is there a special file that I need?
That setting is for running the games through Devolution. There's another one for running the games through Dios Mios called NMM. Running a real disk can only use a real memory card.
I thought in each of those situations those files were created automatically but I could be wrong.

LasseMayer

Trophies
XP
How can i make USBLoaderGX to have Devolution use the Memcard Emulation when i run my ripped GC games ?
When i launch Games via Devolution it works fine, but when i start them trough USBLoaderGX i need to use a memcard ?
Or is there any other USBLoader which supports this ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1