• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RodPN said:
Is every game playable? For example I read somewhere that Brawl is a double layer disc, so can it be burned into a DVD-R which is just 4Gb?

Look Here.

QUOTE(enlargedhousecats @ Jun 15 2010, 03:38 PM) when I try to install ciosx 19 in any way and with anything, none of my usb loaders work

What happens when you try to load it? Also make sure you have hermes cios installed. Try using CFG-Loader to load your backups.

radugb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guitar Hero 5 question. I've seen so many topics and so many different solutions; I've tried one already (installing Hermes 222/223/224 for better compatibility) and tried running GH5 on 249, 222, and 223 with loadstructor/cLoader via USB but still get the black screen. Anyone want to point me in the direction of a post or topic that will help solve the issue?
ps: I'm extremely new so speak slowly in small terms

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know why Configurable USB Loader (latest version) won't show my installed games (which are located on the root of my USB HDD in a folder called "wbfs")? The games are on a USB HDD formatted to FAT32. I have cIOS222/223 rev 4 installed (required for reading from FAT/NTFS partitions). I'm also using the correct cIOS222 version of Configurable USB Loader, and it can see the drive and the partition (shown in the Global Options screens) without error. I suspect I'm missing a cIOS of some sort. Anyone have any ideas?

RodPN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Riley said:
RodPN said:
Is every game playable? For example I read somewhere that Brawl is a double layer disc, so can it be burned into a DVD-R which is just 4Gb?

Look Here.
Not quite what I meant, like I said that's just an example. I meant. are some features in some games (Not necessarily Brawl) not accessible, or not playable at all do to anti piracy?

enlargedhousecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
enlargedhousecats said:
when I try to install ciosx 19 in any way and with anything, none of my usb loaders work

What happens when you try to load it? Also make sure you have hermes cios installed. Try using CFG-Loader to load your backups.

yes I do, and I don't use configurable usb loader, I use cloader because all my game channels use that loader and I prefer to run games from a channel

Hindeana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hard drive crashed, unfortunately I was storing my wii nand backup and my bootmii files in it, and I would like to make another backup. Should I just completely reinstall bootmii (via bannerbomber) or is there an easier way?

mr tripps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done all the mods and updates to my wii. The games loads flawlessly from my hdd, however when i go to install games from purchased discs it crashes. i'm using usb loader gx.

El Dimentio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the DVD Backup launchers work with DVD+R's or only DVD-R? I'm worried because I read somewhere it's only -R and all my DVDs are +R (a 100 pack)
ohnoes.png

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay a few questions. all kind of linked together. First off what I'm trying to do, I have had my Wii modded with a Wiikey v1 since a few months after they first came out. A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to try loading games from a USB HDD, just to make it easier, and not have to keep a giant book of dvd's. I followed the Guide from the hacking section that was softmod anything 4.1 and under ( I was on 3.2U still) and I updated it to 4.2U in the process.

Now I'm getting #002 errors in the disc channel (haven't had that since SMG came out and now I get them when I tried SMG2) and I cannot for the life of me get a game to load off of my hard drive (Black Screen after USB Loader says it's loading the game and tries to launch it).

After following the guide and nothing working I started trying all kinds of IOS installations to find the right one but nothing worked. Right now I have cIOSx v19 installed, and I believe I've removed all the darkCORP crap finally (uninstalled and installled a fresh patched IOS36). I installed Hermes IOS222 v5 (and then tried installing v4 because some people said v5 didn't work for them but neither worked for me).

I'm still getting a Black Screen on launching games so I'd really just like to start back over basically, I think that'd be best for me right now. How can I go about virginizing (I guess that's what people call it) my wii? I have a nand backup from when I started the guide at 3.2U with I believe no cIOS installed, all I had done was the trucha patch through Zelda a long time ago to install the homebrew channel.

So to summarize, after softmodding, problems are:

1.) #002 Error back in disc channel eventhough I have a wiikey

2.) Black screen when selecting games from USB HDD with USBLoader GX, NeoGamma, and Config. USB Loader

3.) How can I viginize my wii?

Eventhough I have been on here forever, I haven't been on these boards since SSBB came out basically so I'm a giant noob when it comes to softmodding and which IOS's do what.

Thank you for any help.

Rolph91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I dont know is this is consider a short question but it seems to be the apropiate thread to ask this.

Brief
I have a Black Wii 4.2U
I have am internal Seagate HDD 250 gb 3.5 + Generic Enclouser 3.5 connected to a power supply.
I´ve installed USB Loader GX the latest version and the cIOS i've installed is a cIOS 38 Rev 16.

Problem
I've connected the HDD and iis not recognize by the usb loader so i start the USB Loader and then it recognize the HDD, but then all of th games freeze after a couple of minutes of playing. ( I´ve tried SMG 1 and 2, Punch-Out!, Madworld) and i also tried Dead Space Extraccion and the games is in black and white. After they reeze the games make an ennoying noise and i have to restart the wii.
I think is a problem of the HDD but i wanted to consult first... Should i try with Configurable USB Loader? And i also so a thread to make compatible any HDD to the wii 96%. Does that work and it would work even if my HDD is not external but internal with an enclouser?

I hope that u can help i just bought my wii like 2 days ago, and if this doesnt work im gonna have to play Wii Sports for the rest of my life.

Thank u for ur attention!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rolph91 said:
I dont know is this is consider a short question but it seems to be the apropiate thread to ask this.

Brief
I have a Black Wii 4.2U
I have am internal Seagate HDD 250 gb 3.5 + Generic Enclouser 3.5 connected to a power supply.
I´ve installed USB Loader GX the latest version and the cIOS i've installed is a cIOS 38 Rev 16.

Problem
I've connected the HDD and iis not recognize by the usb loader so i start the USB Loader and then it recognize the HDD, but then all of th games freeze after a couple of minutes of playing. ( I´ve tried SMG 1 and 2, Punch-Out!, Madworld) and i also tried Dead Space Extraccion and the games is in black and white. After they reeze the games make an ennoying noise and i have to restart the wii.
I think is a problem of the HDD but i wanted to consult first... Should i try with Configurable USB Loader? And i also so a thread to make compatible any HDD to the wii 96%. Does that work and it would work even if my HDD is not external but internal with an enclouser?

I hope that u can help i just bought my wii like 2 days ago, and if this doesnt work im gonna have to play Wii Sports for the rest of my life.

Sounds to me like your hard drive is going to sleep.I know seagate has software for turning this off on external drives.
I'm not sure if it works on internal drives inside an external enclosure but you can try.
If the above doesn't work then load the games using ios222 or 223 you should have better luck that way.I had a drive doing exactly as you described and i was using ios249 to load all the games then i switched to 222 or 223 and most games played without any issues but still frooze occasionally but not like they did with 249 which was about 2 minutes after loading a game.

Rolph91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
icebrg5 said:
Rolph91 said:

Brief
I have a Black Wii 4.2U

Problem

Sounds to me like your hard drive is going to sleep.I know seagate has software for turning this off on external drives.
I'm not sure if it works on internal drives inside an external enclosure but you can try.
If the above doesn't work then load the games using ios222 or 223 you should have better luck that way.I had a drive doing exactly as you described and i was using ios249 to load all the games then i switched to 222 or 223 and most games played without any issues but still frooze occasionally but not like they did with 249 which was about 2 minutes after loading a game.

Ok i tried to use the Seagate software but it didn't recognize my HDD so thar didnt work.

Does anybody know how to prevent the HDD from going into sleep mode its an internal Seagate HDD 3.5 250gb on a Generic Enclouser.

Someone please help me it seems that that one is the issue.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rolph91 said:
Ok i tried to use the Seagate software but it didn't recognize my HDD so thar didnt work.

Does anybody know how to prevent the HDD from going into sleep mode its an internal Seagate HDD 3.5 250gb on a Generic Enclouser.

Someone please help me it seems that that one is the issue.

Try a program called HDparm.
Here is a thread explaing what it does.

http://gbatemp.net/t146211-tool-to-turn-of...rd-dr?&st=0

Debaser0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shark1987 said:
... and I cannot for the life of me get a game to load off of my hard drive (Black Screen after USB Loader says it's loading the game and tries to launch it).

After following the guide and nothing working I started trying all kinds of IOS installations to find the right one but nothing worked. Right now I have cIOSx v19 installed, ...

I'm still getting a Black Screen on launching games so I'd really just like to start back over basically, I think that'd be best for me right now. How can I go about virginizing (I guess that's what people call it) my wii? I have a nand backup from when I started the guide at 3.2U with I believe no cIOS installed, all I had done was the trucha patch through Zelda a long time ago to install the homebrew channel.

2.) Black screen when selecting games from USB HDD with USBLoader GX, NeoGamma, and Config. USB Loader

Thank you for any help.

I'm having these problems too. Some of my games will load and work fine, however some will just try to load, and just hang on a black screen. The game in particular is Tatsunoku vs. capcom. and it is scrubbed. I have the newest ciosxrev19 and the newest CFG usb loader. I've been combing the forums and can't find anything. Any help for the both of us would be appreciated!!

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Debaser0x said:
shark1987 said:
... and I cannot for the life of me get a game to load off of my hard drive (Black Screen after USB Loader says it's loading the game and tries to launch it).

After following the guide and nothing working I started trying all kinds of IOS installations to find the right one but nothing worked. Right now I have cIOSx v19 installed, ...

Thank you for any help.

I'm having these problems too. Some of my games will load and work fine, however some will just try to load, and just hang on a black screen. The game in particular is Tatsunoku vs. capcom. and it is scrubbed. I have the newest ciosxrev19 and the newest CFG usb loader. I've been combing the forums and can't find anything. Any help for the both of us would be appreciated!!

Update to 4.2 so you have all the updated IOS's. Install and patch IOS36.
Install cIOSX rev 19 as BASE 38.
Install Hermes cios v4.
IOS202 base 60
IOS222 base 38
IOS223 Base 37+38
Use cfg-loader. certain games need certain cios to run so make sure your using the right one for the right game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1