• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

irvine01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me i really want to play Monster Hunter tri/3 but when im pressing start game the screen will fade to black and start to beep so loud so i've tried to look for help and found out that i need a cios rev 19 to play it but the problem is when im installing the cios rev 19 im getting an error (ret = -1) can please someone help me?

My firmware is 3.2U
my HBC is ios35 v4.16
My neo gamma is r8 beta 15 ios249 (rev 7)
MY wad manger is v1.1

Please i really need your help ill try to post a video of it

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
irvine01 said:
Can someone help me i really want to play Monster Hunter tri/3 but when im pressing start game the screen will fade to black and start to beep so loud so i've tried to look for help and found out that i need a cios rev 19 to play it but the problem is when im installing the cios rev 19 im getting an error (ret = -1) can please someone help me?

My firmware is 3.2U
my HBC is ios35 v4.16
My neo gamma is r8 beta 15 ios249 (rev 7)
MY wad manger is v1.1

Please i really need your help ill try to post a video of it

Ok for starters, use either MMM or YAWMM to install wads. Now install cIOS249 rev 19 BASE 37 to play MH3. Use network installation or download the IOS needed using NUS Downloader if you do not have internet on your wii.

Also you should use the v4.2 safe updater to update all your IOS's and to get you on system menu 4.2.

DustinVols

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i've overlooked this question already but here we go.

I've installed alot of my backups on my hdd with no problem. I installed CSI: Dark Motives and whenever i click on the first level it restarts my wii. any ideas on how to fix this?

krm710

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii: version 4.2u - SoftMod

What do I have to do to play IOS games on the Wii?
•can I burn them and play the game?
•can I put them on my external HD?
-how do I partition the hard drive to play the games.
-also I want space on the HD to put other media on! If I partition it half/half, am I able to watch those movies on the Wii?

I got the HomeBrew Channel, so now what?
-What games can I play and where can I get them?

What is Hermes? Do I need it? For the sake of getting everything set up quicker, How do I do that, considering I already have HomeBrew & a USBloader already installed!

Is it possible to play and watch DVDs on the Wii?
•is that DVDX?

DSi version 1.4u

Can I use a regular SanDiskHC on my DSi?
•I am gathering the answer is "No"!
•What is the best way to play games from a memory card? What is the best DSi FlashCard out there?

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Western Digital 1.5TB external drive. I am definitely not a noob at the wii, but I am now at usb. I have been reading up a lot on the loaders etc. I am pretty sure I want to go with FAT32 and Configurable USB Loader. I have a few questions and then I think I will be able to read the forum to get the rest.

1. Is FAT32/Configurable loader the way to go? I am running Windows/PC with the above drive.

2. So in going with FAT32/Config. will I need to partition the drive seperate for Wii games? Or can I keep everything together with my regular PC backups?

3. All of my backups are on disc now. So they are obviously in the 4.38G size. Am I going to need to upload to my PC first, use Wiiscrubber, and then install to the external drive? I want to end up with them scrubbed and on the external drive. It would be nice to not have to add miles to the PC drive and let the Wii take the disc spinning abuse.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luckwii said:
I just bought a Western Digital 1.5TB external drive. I am definitely not a noob at the wii, but I am now at usb. I have been reading up a lot on the loaders etc. I am pretty sure I want to go with FAT32 and Configurable USB Loader. I have a few questions and then I think I will be able to read the forum to get the rest.

1. Is FAT32/Configurable loader the way to go? I am running Windows/PC with the above drive.

2. So in going with FAT32/Config. will I need to partition the drive seperate for Wii games? Or can I keep everything together with my regular PC backups?

3. All of my backups are on disc now. So they are obviously in the 4.38G size. Am I going to need to upload to my PC first, use Wiiscrubber, and then install to the external drive? I want to end up with them scrubbed and on the external drive. It would be nice to not have to add miles to the PC drive and let the Wii take the disc spinning abuse.

No you do not need to partition your drive to use FAT32. The only reason you would need to do that is if you are using WBFS. You can use backup discs and RETAIL discs to rip onto your USB drive. When your using fat32 you need to know the title id of the game you are adding.

ex. USB:/wbfs/RSBE.iso

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
I have been trying to run super mario galaxy from a back-up disc and Neogamma comes up with:

DVD Err(1178), Disc ID

and then:

Unknown drive, report 20080714

At the bottom of neogamma it says:

NeoGamma R9 beta19, IOS249 (Rev 19)

Have do i fix this issue or do you need more info?

Please help me ASAP
Thanks,
DanWeb

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
danweb said:
I have been trying to run super mario galaxy from a back-up disc and Neogamma comes up with:

DVD Err(1178), Disc ID

and then:

Unknown drive, report 20080714

At the bottom of neogamma it says:

NeoGamma R9 beta19, IOS249 (Rev 19)

Have do i fix this issue or do you need more info?

Please help me ASAP
Thanks,
DanWeb
IF I'm not wrong your Wii has a D3-2 drive so you won't be able to use disc loading no matter what.The only way you can pirate game is either by using a USB loader or a SD(HC) loader.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's been a while since I updated either USB loader GX or my CIOS, and I'm getting a #002 error on Mario Galaxy 2 (E), self-dumped.

Suppose I just need to update my CIOS?

bekern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^Actually I just came in here to ask the same question.
I haven't updated my Wii in awhile so I updated to 4.2 and updated my cios to rev 19. But when I tried to use my USB loader it couldn't recognize my USB drive for some reason and I was getting an error ret=-6. So then I changed my cios to rev 17 and could access the drive again, but now I am getting error #002 on SMG2. All other games work though.
Can anyone help me out?

UPDATE: Nevermind! I just download a different usb loader and now it works
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Riley said:
RupeeClock said:
It's been a while since I updated either USB loader GX or my CIOS, and I'm getting a #002 error on Mario Galaxy 2 (E), self-dumped.

Suppose I just need to update my CIOS?

Yes use DOP-mii to install IOS56.
Did that, didn't work.
Still get Error #002.

Edit: Updated to latest USB loader GX, still nothing.
Guess I'll try installing Waninkoko's CIOS r19.

Edit: Installed CIOS r19, latest USB Loader GX, IOS56, still error #002.
I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: Tried other games on my WBFS usb device, I get a "bad magic" error before the game loads.
I'm thinking maybe I need to reformat the drive.

Edit: Formatted, redumped, still error...
Geez, what could be the problem...? My bro got SMG2 working on USB Loader GX fine just on Friday.

I'm a dumbass, just enabled Error #002 fix in USB loader GX.
Although doing all these updates probably helped me in the long run.

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to play Pokemon Rumble, but it just reloads the wii menu again. I heard this is because I don't have IOS56. How can I install it and what other new IOS's are there that I should install as well? I haven't done anything since 4.2 update.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireFreek said:
I tried to play Pokemon Rumble, but it just reloads the wii menu again. I heard this is because I don't have IOS56. How can I install it and what other new IOS's are there that I should install as well? I haven't done anything since 4.2 update.

You can use DOP-Mii for that.

I only just used this myself, it's simple enough to do.
Apparently IOS56 is part of something used with wii-speak or something.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've been out of the loop for a while. What utility is best for ripping GCN/Wii ISOs at a reasonable speed? I still have the old Waninkoko one that takes like 4+ hours to rip.
tongue.gif
Also, other requirements for it--don't need to go hunting in the dark for those when the time comes.

Chromedome40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To avoid starting a new thread (after searching for hours)....

Wii-Flow - Guitar Hero 3 Custom.... How do I change the WII DVD ID on the custom version from RGHE52 to something else so I can add it to my WiiFlow collection?

Thanks for any help!

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamemaster1379 said:
Hey, I've been out of the loop for a while. What utility is best for ripping GCN/Wii ISOs at a reasonable speed? I still have the old Waninkoko one that takes like 4+ hours to rip.
tongue.gif
Also, other requirements for it--don't need to go hunting in the dark for those when the time comes.

CFG-Loader and cIOS249 rev 19 Base 38.

red.lollipop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to wii hacking. I followed the tutorial on gbatemp here (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901) to softmod my 4.2 wii. I also installed the cIOS38 r 17 package. However, when I try to use gxloader, it will detect my game on the flash drive, but then crash after attempting to boot it up. The only game that works is Wii Play. I attempted to try to change the primary IOS via gxloader, but that just makes my flash drive undetectable by the program. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Any help would be great. Thanks.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
red.lollipop said:
Hello, I'm new to wii hacking. I followed the tutorial on gbatemp here (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901) to softmod my 4.2 wii. I also installed the cIOS38 r 17 package. However, when I try to use gxloader, it will detect my game on the flash drive, but then crash after attempting to boot it up. The only game that works is Wii Play. I attempted to try to change the primary IOS via gxloader, but that just makes my flash drive undetectable by the program. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Any help would be great. Thanks.

What rev of gx loader are you using?

What game is crashing?

Are you sure you have the other cios installed that you are trying to change to? 222 223?

red.lollipop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
What rev of gx loader are you using?

What game is crashing?

Are you sure you have the other cios installed that you are trying to change to? 222 223?

I've tried rev 937, 932, and 929. Brawl and Pokemon Battle Revolution do not work, it crashes the moment you select the game, and there will be a bunch of crash dump text.

As for the cios, the wad for
202[38+60] v4
222[38+37] v4
223[38] v4
249[38] v19
250[57] v19

were installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...