Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPEKKY said:
thanks i'll give it a try much appreciated
smile.gif

did you go through steps 12,13 and 14 again to?

well I did 10 & 11.. and i got it to be 4.1 but keep in mind I'm NO expert in this. ._.

Kekkimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I managed to get through installing the homebrew channel today on my wii via bannerbomb, and I'm trying to get a disc backup loader installed, but I have a LU64+ model Wii, and someone gave me a tutorial to apply a fix, but I'm having a problem getting started since the .wad file (IOS16.wad) doesn't want to install. I don't know if it's too important but my firmware is 4.1U.

While I'm at it, what is the reccomended backup loader for burned dvds?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: If it helps, the error wad manager gives me is ret = -1035, when installing IOS16.wad.

dewisant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, If I update to cios38_rev13 and install neogamma r6, will I still be able to use Gamma 0.3 which we have installed as a channel?

dewi

bogeboy10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need to know how to fix this thing in loz tp when im near water or when i use my fishing rod the screen shows this spazing texture and i cant see where im going ... its like the tsunami glitch in cod5 but its like a tan texture or a black texture.... please help this IS a rom i got from the web yet i DO have the real disk its just to scratchy to play...

edit - im also using this usb loader thingy cause i cant get disks to work....

Deltemis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question

i know that you can load a usb drive via usb loader channel

i'm wondering if you could use a portable external hard drive such as the WD passport?

i know it'll work with the large hard drives but what i wanted to know is if anybody has done this because since most portable hard drives only have a usb cable, would the wii be enough to power the e-hd or should i get one with its own power cord?

thanks

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Deltemis said:
quick question

i know that you can load a usb drive via usb loader channel

i'm wondering if you could use a portable external hard drive such as the WD passport?

i know it'll work with the large hard drives but what i wanted to know is if anybody has done this because since most portable hard drives only have a usb cable, would the wii be enough to power the e-hd or should i get one with its own power cord?

thanks

I've actually been testing this. I'm trying to use an external HD with it's own power supply and USB cable to boot isos and the channel isnt recognizing it. There's like 5 different versions of the USB loader and i dunno which to use.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
another quick question

Is it possible to use one general USB portable HD for multiple consoles?

See I was planning on investing in like a 80GB portable hard drive, but I recently softmodded my PS2. I've got my Wii's softmoddery updated so it can boot things via USB as well. I'd like to be able to use that hard drive for both game system's USB hard drive loaders - and yeah, I'm not gonna be dumb and load a PS2 game on a Wii or anything.
tongue.gif

tl;dr can I make a "PS2" folder and a "Wii" folder on said USB hard drive and have both run games on their respective systems without any sort of conflict?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kosheh said:
another quick question

Is it possible to use one general USB portable HD for multiple consoles?

See I was planning on investing in like a 80GB portable hard drive, but I recently softmodded my PS2. I've got my Wii's softmoddery updated so it can boot things via USB as well. I'd like to be able to use that hard drive for both game system's USB hard drive loaders - and yeah, I'm not gonna be dumb and load a PS2 game on a Wii or anything.
tongue.gif

tl;dr can I make a "PS2" folder and a "Wii" folder on said USB hard drive and have both run games on their respective systems without any sort of conflict?
Its not as simple as making two folders. You'll have to make 2 partitions cause Wii games only load of WBFS, which can hold wii games and nothing else.

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all i have a quick question.

My wii (PAL) is fully softmodded 4.1e with bootmii as boot2, preloader, cIOS 38r13(a) etc. and everything works amazingly
biggrin.gif

Whilst trying to keep the misses happy i got a copy of her old xbox game (we still have the game but not the xbox) called vexx.
the file ive got is a gamecube NTSC .gcm file.

My question is what do i need to get this running? Ideally i want to burn it to a dvd and play it like that, i *think* i need cMIOSrev3 by Waninkoko (which i have but not yet installed).

Many thanks for help and apologise if this is in the wrong forum.

Lee.

Deltemis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameSoul said:
I've actually been testing this. I'm trying to use an external HD with it's own power supply and USB cable to boot isos and the channel isnt recognizing it. There's like 5 different versions of the USB loader and i dunno which to use.

I've seen usb loader gx being used for it in a few vids i've seen, have you tried that yet?

also you can try neogamma if that doesn't work

i'd like to find out if a portable one works, but if it doesn't i'll just go ahead and use a full external

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Deltemis said:
GameSoul said:

I've seen usb loader gx being used for it in a few vids i've seen, have you tried that yet?

also you can try neogamma if that doesn't work

i'd like to find out if a portable one works, but if it doesn't i'll just go ahead and use a full external

I've been messing around with this for a friend this weekend actually. I've used a Samsung HM160HI portable SATA drive, 160GB, powered from USB. It runs fine, no problems whatsoever. I'd recommend checking out the wiki page at:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...patibility_List

Also, I'd suggest that if you want to go for a portable drive, make sure you've got a decent USB cable, and that's it's not too long, I'd suggest 1m at the most.

anteroid

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How do I run USA VC games on a PAL system? I have preloader installed and all the region free options enabled but I still get a blank screen when trying to load games. Am I missing something?

flameo200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get USB Loader GX going, but having trouble getting the HDD in order. Currently, it's completely blank and in NFTS, what do I need to do to get it to work with USB loaders?

motleypixel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this should be a simple question to answer and I think it's worth the while of others that aren't so "die-hard" to keep things going.

I softmodded my wii about 5 months ago (wii firmware 4.0U) and right now I'm just happy that we have about 12 BU on disc that work like a champ and that all our original titles work fine. Now the past two titles I've tried (My Sims Racing and Wii Sports Resort), have not worked and I did try the (current at the time) "glorious work-around" for the My Sims Racing and it essentially chewed up a full week-end day of mine and pretty much got my in a pissy mood etc (I know, you get what you pay, or not pay for right?). Luckily I "think" everything is back to normal and we continue to enjoy our Bu's and original titles.

Now here's the question, and I think a thought that EVERYONE thinking of soft-modding their wii should consider. What if I call it quits, as in I stop aquiring BU's and stay right where I'm at, BUT I decide to buy Wii Sports Resort, what's the risk I take running this original title and the disc containing updates that will break our current softmod setup? Is there a recommended best practice on how to protect when running an original title w/o having to perform wad updates, cios updates, or "glorious work-arounds"?

Thanks,
Lex

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
motleypixel said:
Okay, this should be a simple question to answer and I think it's worth the while of others that aren't so "die-hard" to keep things going.

I softmodded my wii about 5 months ago (wii firmware 4.0U) and right now I'm just happy that we have about 12 BU on disc that work like a champ and that all our original titles work fine. Now the past two titles I've tried (My Sims Racing and Wii Sports Resort), have not worked and I did try the (current at the time) "glorious work-around" for the My Sims Racing and it essentially chewed up a full week-end day of mine and pretty much got my in a pissy mood etc (I know, you get what you pay, or not pay for right?). Luckily I "think" everything is back to normal and we continue to enjoy our Bu's and original titles.

Now here's the question, and I think a thought that EVERYONE thinking of soft-modding their wii should consider. What if I call it quits, as in I stop aquiring BU's and stay right where I'm at, BUT I decide to buy Wii Sports Resort, what's the risk I take running this original title and the disc containing updates that will break our current softmod setup? Is there a recommended best practice on how to protect when running an original title w/o having to perform wad updates, cios updates, or "glorious work-arounds"?

Thanks,
Lex

um I m not sure what word around u tried for those two games. I do know they'll run no problem with cios rev14 and neogamma. Anyways if u want to boot an original with out updating run it through gecko os and I think it will install
the needed ios without updating

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My External HD/ Flash drives keep saying there's not enough free disk space when I try to put an iso on. The 16Gb flash drive is empty and the External HD had 201GB free space. I don't have any idea why it's doing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password