• Replies 3,818
  • Likes 6

Sorch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit:
So, I went back through and redid all my steps noted above, and nothing changed. However - on a whim, I decided to get the latest USB Gx program, as I was using an earlier build. Lo and behold... it worked fine!!! *knock on wood* Woohoo!! Thanks again Clockwork for looking at my problem!!!
[/quote]

Did you upgrade to a new rev, r5??, or a new version? I'm having a similar problem. Every time USB Loader GX finds my HDD it goes to the black screen with those error messages. It worked briefly, but my HDD that I was using was apparently no good. Not knowing this, I was searching around in USB Loader and hit a button that kind of looked like a notebook or left justify button and that's when the errors first started.

Please help, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

JYC673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have weird problem involving some USB Loaders (but not all)

I have a 4.0U Wii, with cIOS38 rev13b, Hermes's cIOS 202 (36), 222 (38+36), 223 (37+36)

The above happens to some newer PAL games under both USB Loader GX and oggzee's configurable USB Loader (both with 222-mload). However, it works fine when loaded from channels created with Loadstructor, which uses cLoader (1.2b in my case).

And it might make some difference to mention that loading with cIOS 249 with both GX and CFG black screens, not just on the newer games.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me.

I need a hand answering a few of my queries regarding my recent softmod to my wii (i dont have a chipped wii - it is SOFT MODDED ONLY:

I followed this guide (offline guide)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I started with a PAL 3.1e wii > officially updated via a PAL UK Wii. I then followed Assassda's guide ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide - GBAtemp.net
and updated to PAL 4.0e with hbc and bootmii installed to boot2. Also have preloader.

I have bootmii installed to boot2 and hbc works ok.

I am having issue with NEOGammer Latest version R6 as it keeps giving me an error 792. I have used 2 different dvd drives (pioneer 112d 16x & Liteon 20x) to burn about 8 isos to (16x capable Verbatim -r burnt at 2x,4x,8x,12x,16x, also 3 Phillips DVD-r @ 2x,4x,8x. Both were burnt mainly with img burn. I also tried nero on a few occasions

QUESTIONS:

1. can i install NEOgamma v6 & v5 & v4 etc in the apps folder at the same time for troubleshooting purposes.

2. Same question but can i have neogamma & gamma 0.3 in the apps folder at the same time as well as others.

3. Can you brick/semi-brick your wii by messing around and troubleshooting. i.e removing folders from apps or replacing them. Or is the apps folder fullproof?

4. I cant run any iso backups through Neogamma but its fine with originals wii games. Is v6 probelematic? Are the lower versions/revisions any better with Pal 4.0E softmodded wiis?

4. In order to run gamma 0.3 do i need to install any additional ios's
4b If so, How?
4c Anyone got any clear and concise guides as everyone else seems to be following guides pertaining to system menu 3.2 & 3.4.

5 (Relating to Q4......Neogamma only had 2 files and did'nt require additional ios's to be installed why is this and why are they different?

6. Does anyone know of any links to Neogamma menu guide as i did not get one with install

7. What wii firmware release would people recommend??

Thankyou people for reading! Please help!!
smile.gif

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im an idiot and dont know jack all about Wii hacking stuff so Im lost in this whole launchers laoders IOS cIOS etc etc

I softmodded my Wii
Installed HBC
Do I need more to run burned copies? like a backup launcher whatever that is

edit: nvm found it in the post below this one
tongue.gif

Project_Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok if my question is a repeat its because i didnt read through the 27 pages.

Anyway.

Is there a way to play gamecube backups on a Wii? Like are there any apps for it?

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between CoverFlow and Wiiflow? Can I download CoverFlow and use Wiiflow themes on it?

I just got a hard drive and I'm trying to decide on the best USB Loader. Is there a holy grail of USB Loaders or is it all just personal preference? I'm using USB Loader GX now and it's nice, but CoverFlow is making me drool.

armageddan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a few questions
biggrin.gif
. i was wondering first, if i could use my 80g ipod for the usb loader and if i formatted it would still work as a music player and also if i could format it back. someperson_12345 brought this up a while back, i've been looking through this thread for some answers but so far no luck
frown.gif
. and i was also wondering why my gamecube backup launchers ALWAYS give me either a green screen or some other error? i'm using cios 13 a. could this be the fact that i'm using a zelda: the windwaker backup?

brokenballa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question #1 Can Emulators and roms be loaded off USB device like the backup loaders

also what about gamecube games can you use a backup loader for them?

An00bis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question...

I downgraded to 3.2U, installed cios36rev10 or something, installed wiigator's 0.3 thing (the sonic logo), and now when I run backup launcher and press B to reboot with hooks...

it appears as though I've done everything right. A green flash, then a reboot. However, my iso needs 6 more hours >_>

Just checking up, everything in order thus far?

Plastron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK i did the Softmod 4.0E and now have homebrew and back up loader. Is there an idiots guide to what to do next to up grade from CISOv7 and install Trucha i want to try to run games from a HDD

Thanks

Andy

psxboy500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about the USB/HD Loader...

Has anyone ever tried using a Hammer HU 110 640GB HD? According to the site, there's a Hitachi Model HDT721064SLA380 Sata 3.0 Gb 7200rpm in it.

The compatability list says that the Western Digital HD will work. Does the Hammer enclosure make a difference?

Thanks!

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok wierd problem ive completly updated my wii to 4.0 offical (no cios) . i installed all cios form cios copr and ciosr13b(r13b was in stalled via network)store bought games work but no back ups work,
ive used the same metheod to hack other wii's and no one but me is having this issue im useing neogamma and geting dvd read error 559 any one have any ideas? ive been told this is a hadware issue but im not shure because my store bought games work?????

wii set up
4.0 with bootmii and preloader(i get a coudnt find hacks in nand of flash)
neogammafor usb loading,cioscorp for disc channel loading

benny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm trying to get backuplauncher0.3_gamma to work on my wii.
But when I try to download the cIOS i get the error -1017.
So can someone tell me how I can downgrade my wii?
I currently have 3.4.

Aardvark Barber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using 4.0U, and i've tried cIOS 10 and 13.

I cannot load my copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, even though it loaded perfectly before, when I was on 3.4, I believe.

Whenever I try to load the game, I get a "timeout" error. Any ideas why?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Aardvark Barber said:
I am using 4.0U, and i've tried cIOS 10 and 13.

I cannot load my copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, even though it loaded perfectly before, when I was on 3.4, I believe.

Whenever I try to load the game, I get a "timeout" error. Any ideas why?
Are you saying the USB loader doesn't detect the USB drive and times out? In that case, try using the other USB port on your Wii.

Mosselmaniac

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Guys,

Thanks for this great forum.

A major noob question though: In about 30 minutes I got Wii Sports Resort. I have 2 possibilities to boot it:

- Wiikey, burn on dvd.
- Boot from HDD.

My preference goes obv. out to booting from HDD. Everything works till now, but i have no clue what loaders/revs/dols or whatever i'm using.

I am reading about the ALTERNATIVE DOL METHOD. Can somebody point me in the right direction what to do with that? A link maybe? I searched the whole forum. Thanks!

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get Wii Scrubber then using wii srubber open the iso and look for player dol get right click it and click extract then after that is done rename it to RZTJ.dol make a folder named neogamma on the root of your sd card then put RZTJ.dol into the neogamma folder after that go to the neogamma thread here get the newest version and load it the way you normally load homebrew go into options look for anti 002 fix and alt dol turn alt dol on and anti 002 fix after mounting your hdd when that is complete choose wii sports resort and you will have to watch a movie after watching the movie turn off alt dol and the game should boot up regulary

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From one of the stickies:

Q: How big can my partition be?
A: 512gb max for now.

This was corrected, was it not? And if so, what is the biggest size now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1