• Likes 6

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I actually have two noobish questions that I hope can be answered...here goes.
ohnoes.png

1.) First off, is it possible to run .wbfs files on a NTSC hdd? And if possible, how could I get about doing so? Or is the fact that it's a .wbfs file mean that it can only run a WBFS partition?

2.) And lastly, if I were to back up a Wii game disc to my hdd through cfgusbloader would it work if my hdd is NTSC?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
smile.gif

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I burned a no-ripped Metroid: Other M iso on a DVD-9 disc but didn't set the layer break up. I did got the game working on uLoader 5.1E using external optical drive. I was wondering if, at some later point, the game will freeze... Does anyone made the same mistake already? What happened then?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
ohnoes.png

1.) First off, is it possible to run .wbfs files on a NTSC hdd? And if possible, how could I get about doing so? Or is the fact that it's a .wbfs file mean that it can only run a WBFS partition?

2.) And lastly, if I were to back up a Wii game disc to my hdd through cfgusbloader would it work if my hdd is NTSC?

smile.gif
I assume you mean NTFS (the file system). It is possible to play wbfs files on an NTFS HDD, and to rip them. However, while support for NTFS has increased, it still isn't as good as FAT32.

If you want to rip your games to NTFS, you will have to make one change to the config.txt file. Open up "SD:\usb-loader\config.txt" and, in a new line, copy and past the following:
Code:
ntfs_write = 1
I don't like that you have to add it manually, and have requested that by default it's enabled.

QUOTE(Akotan @ Aug 20 2011, 08:23 AM) I burned a no-ripped Metroid: Other M iso on a DVD-9 disc but didn't set the layer break up. I did got the game working on uLoader 5.1E using external optical drive. I was wondering if, at some later point, the game will freeze... Does anyone made the same mistake already? What happened then?
What does that mean?

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
The Viztard said:
ohnoes.png

smile.gif
I assume you mean NTFS (the file system). It is possible to play wbfs files on an NTFS HDD, and to rip them. However, while support for NTFS has increased, it still isn't as good as FAT32.

If you want to rip your games to NTFS, you will have to make one change to the config.txt file. Open up "SD:\usb-loader\config.txt" and, in a new line, copy and past the following:
CODEntfs_write = 1
I don't like that you have to add it manually, and have requested that by default it's enabled.

Ahhh, alrighty.
biggrin.gif

/fail. I don't know what I was thinking when I typed NTSC...twice.
ohnoes.png
Totally meant NTFS.
Thanks so much. Lastly, is there a way to convert .iso to .wbfs? Would I use a WBFS Manager to convert and transfer to my hdd? Thanks again.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
JoostinOnline said:
The Viztard said:
ohnoes.png

smile.gif

CODEntfs_write = 1

Ahhh, alrighty.
biggrin.gif

/fail. I don't know what I was thinking when I typed NTSC...twice.
ohnoes.png
Totally meant NTFS.
Thanks so much. Lastly, is there a way to convert .iso to .wbfs? Would I use a WBFS Manager to convert and transfer to my hdd? Thanks again.
Yes, but you want Wii Backup Manager. Wii Backup Manager supports all formats, and will automatically convert iso files to scrubbed wbfs files.

AvyTech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is similar to this:

Gamemaster1379 said:
Ok, I have a Western Digital 500 GB HDD (Not sure what model), and I formatted 100 Gigs of it into WBFS. The other 400 GB are still NTFS. I can install games to it, and all my other data is just fine...however, I cannot get my WBFS partition to be detected in any WBFS managers. How do I fix this?

My problem is that Neogamma doesn't detect it and Cfg USB Loader freezes when I press A to start the game.

Quick bkgd info:
I partitioned ~130GB as NTFS via EASEUS Partition Master
I used Wii Backup Manager to make 100GB a WBFS partition
I used WiiBackup Manager to convert to add the .iso to the partition (which I believe means they are now .wbfs)

I read http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader#faq and decided to create a /wbfs folder on the NTFS partition, then copied .iso files there but that didn't work either.

I think I've been reading too many forums, readmes and FAQs. I'm burned out so any help is appreciated.

Last note, my burned backups work fine. I just wanted to use the USB drive since it's more convenient. I've only tried 6 games though.

Thanks!

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FoolishDreamer said:
So xenoblade is bigger then 8 gigs but i don't really want to use a usb loader so how can I play it? Should I burn it on a double layer dvd? Can the wii even read double layers?
Some wii's can read dual layer discs but not all.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im also having troubles booting up Xeno. Chronicles, my Wii won't read the disc (using Dual Layer), saying it can't detect the Game ID

Is there an exploit to make it read it or is it dependant on the Wii or just some updating the cIOS will work?

Thanks, I have a copy of the game on its way but for now I just want to see if I can get it running (RED CLASSIC CONTROLLER FTW XD)

AvyTech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AvyTech said:
My problem is that Neogamma doesn't detect it and Cfg USB Loader freezes when I press A to start the game.

Quick bkgd info:
I partitioned ~130GB as NTFS via EASEUS Partition Master
I used Wii Backup Manager to make 100GB a WBFS partition
I used WiiBackup Manager to convert to add the .iso to the partition (which I believe means they are now .wbfs)

I read http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader#faq and decided to create a /wbfs folder on the NTFS partition, then copied .iso files there but that didn't work either.

I think I've been reading too many forums, readmes and FAQs. I'm burned out so any help is appreciated.

Last note, my burned backups work fine. I just wanted to use the USB drive since it's more convenient. I've only tried 6 games though.

Thanks!

Nevermind. I was using an old version of CFG and I needed to reinstall cios236 before installing Hermes222/223. This is what happens when you don't get enough sleep/coffee.
This page helped me: http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

pandus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just bought a taiko drum and it has been a lot of time since I played Taiko no Tatsujin Wii, so I didn't expect it to work because I have the latest Wii firmware. It didn't. It was, afaik, trucha signed, and that doesn't work anymore.

I haven't posted in years, so I have no idea about the newest Wii stuff. I don't know anything about softmodding (My Wii has a D2Ckey and every single game I tried works since the modchip was released), so, what's the easiest way to play Japanese games with my current situation? Should I softmod (I don't really want to) or is there a way to open the games directly from the Homebrew Channel? Thanks.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pandus said:
I just bought a taiko drum and it has been a lot of time since I played Taiko no Tatsujin Wii, so I didn't expect it to work because I have the latest Wii firmware. It didn't. It was, afaik, trucha signed, and that doesn't work anymore.

I haven't post in years, so I have no idea about the newest Wii stuff. I don't know anything about softmodding (My Wii has a D2Ckey and every single game I tried works since the modchip was released), so, what's the easiest way to play Japanese games with my current situation? Should I softmod (I don't really want to) or is there a way to open the games directly from the Homebrew Channel? Thanks.
I know very little of modchips, but you might try Gecko OS. If that doesn't work, consider softmodding with ModMii and downgrading to 4.1 in the process. It really won't take that long.

pandus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
JoostinOnline said:
I know very little of modchips, but you might try Gecko OS. If that doesn't work, consider softmodding with ModMii and downgrading to 4.1 in the process. It really won't take that long.

It worked, thanks a lot
yaywii.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question 1:

From what I've read, using FAT32/NTFS is better than WBFS format for your external HDD for obvious reasons.

Am I correct?
And also, is there any reason you'd rather use FAT32 than NTFS?

I'm always worried that splitting those few games between two .WBFS files might mess a game up or something.

Question 2:
Considering the difference between .iso files and .wbfs files, which is preferred?
And is there a way to "scrub" .iso files? i.e. remove update data, dummy files, etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: take an MBTI personality test (the one with the 4-letter personalities), and then look up...