Hacking quick bricking question!

MADKATZ99

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I forgot to brickblock and regionfree CoD5, so I quickly updated my system to 3.4E in case it asked for a NTSC system update. It did. Now it says I must perform a wii system update to play the game, now im pretty sure I can still do it because I've got the latest PAL firmware installed now, but I wanted to quickly make sure. better to be safe than sorry!

and I could re-burn it with brickblocker but it took and hour and a half to burn as it was so I'm not really looking forward to waiting another hour and a half to play the game.

thanks!

MADKATZ99

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
Don't install that update.
Run the game through Gecko OS if you want to skip the update
really? I thought it was going to be okay :wtf: glad I asked.

whats a Gecko OS and where do I find one to kill?
unsure.gif

hey if I re-burnded it with the wiibrickblocker patch it will kill the update right?

MADKATZ99

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
search google or wiibrew.org
alright I've got it, I extraced the boot.elf file and put it on the SD card... do I need to put some kind of elf installer on the home brew channel?
blink.gif
I think i've only got a .wad installer
unsure.gif

MADKATZ99

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
it should be a boot.dol as Nuke updated it!
Also put the folder in apps on SD Card and run it though HBC, that's it, if you want a channel of it search custom channels on the search!

Time fore bed, up early to do some Car Mechanics fucking alternator job!! arrrrrrrrrrgh
alright thanks for all the help.

I put the gecko thing in the apps folder, but still all I can see in the homebrew channel is 'wad installer' and wad uninstaller... I'll keep playing around with it.

seeya later.

EDIT: Is it because I did a system update??

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude I laughed my ass off when I read this thread!!
rofl2.gif
... What the fuck people?! Come on use that noggin of yours for something besides a hat rack and read! and read it again.. now think about it.. read it again.. now read it while your doing it. Boom... usually pefect method everytime. Am I clear?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1