[Question]using gateway downgrade to get to 2.0 from 4.5

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gh0sti, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    can gateways time machine help me to upgrade to 9.0 then downgrade to 2.0 to install alh9 and then use luma and palicts guide to go to that instead of gateway?

2. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    There is never a reason to use Gateway for this.

3. exdeath255

exdeath255 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Canada
    The Mind
    ya tbh after you have menuhax theres no point in a flashcart

4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If you are going to downgrade, please please PLEASE do not use Gateway to do it. You can use gateway for their flashcard (even though I feel they aren't worth it anymore) but their downgrade tools, and really their tools that modify NAND in general, are just terrible and brick-prone. Way too many cases of bricks caused by their tools. And the only reason to downgrade to 2.x is for OTP to install A9LH, which I highly recommend again using the free community-based tools instead of Gateway.
    Once you do what you need to with community tools you can proceed to continue your use of Gateway.

Aroth likes this.
  5. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    You can use https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update to update to 9.2. You did not specify what your NUP version is, but the page in question lists methods for all possible NUP versions that can normally appear alongside 4.5.

6. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea