Homebrew Question regarding pokemon homebrew.

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a Homebrew method for taking pokemon from the pokemon virtual console (Yellow, Red, Green, Blue) games and transferring them to the gen 7 games (Sun and Moon)? This is my first post, by the way, so if it breaks any guidelines, feel free to douse me in gasoline, break my spine, and incinerate me...

Last edited by MattMagnetic,

nekoakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure about homebrew, but you can do just that with pkhex.

Use JKSM to backup your saves and PKhex (on PC) to bring them over.

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PkHex? That program I attempted to use back in the day? It used to involve a lot of work. I'm pretty keen on tech, but even when I tried to edit Rumble World, it beat my save into a pile of dead tatos, so I've not been so good at backing up and opening saves. Kind of like trying to teach an insect the concept of personal space v-v

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know of a Homebrew method for taking pokemon from the pokemon virtual console (Yellow, Red, Green, Blue) games and transferring them to the gen 7 games (Sun and Moon)? This is my first post, by the way, so if it breaks any guidelines, feel free to douse me in gasoline, break my spine, and incinerate me...

No, it doesn't break any guidelines or rules for a matter like this, back to topic

There are two methods to obtain Gen 1 pokemon in Gen 7 games, the first one is using PokeBank, which is the official method of transferring Pokemon from older generations to new ones, given that you're asking in the homebrew 3DS section, you are probably looking for a free method to do so, right? if so then, the second method may be for you

The second method consists of backing up the save data from your VC games (or from any R/B/Y rom) for then to open them with the use of PkHex, the program will immediately recognize the save data as a Gen 1 game and the recent updates gave it the option to transfer those Pokemon into Sun and Moon

To transfer those pokes, you need as stated before to open the saves from that Gen 1 game, and then you pick a Pokemon that you want (a pikachu, a charmander, whatever) available in your battle box or PC's and then you export them as a pk1 file on your PC, later on you will open a save from your Sun and Moon games (forgot to mention, you need to backup your SuMo savedata with either savefilemanager or jksm) once in there, add the pk1 file while the SuMo savefile is open, and guala! that's about it, it may be a tedious process since you can't transport boxes, but you can backup this Pokemon and have them in both games so you won't ever lose any poke at all.

I heard of things about PKSM but I don't know if it has compatibility for that, check up the current state of that program in doubt

PkHex? That program I attempted to use back in the day? It used to involve a lot of work. I'm pretty keen on tech, but even when I tried to edit Rumble World, it beat my save into a pile of dead tatos, so I've not been so good at backing up and opening saves. Kind of like trying to teach an insect the concept of personal space v-v

The program has evolved a lot since then, it has compatibility for every main Pokemon game, and now it has features such as legality checker and QR generator, it is very easy to use and tutorials are available everywhere

Last edited by Demifiend,

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, how would that work considering the special stat clusterflug. I was hoping to have it look legit too, kinda like transporting them from the official application. Maybe my expectations are too high...

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, how would that work considering the special stat clusterflug. I was hoping to have it look legit too, kinda like transporting them from the official application. Maybe my expectations are too high...

Easy, PkHex takes the method used by Pkbank right into the system when transferring Pokemon from Gen 1 to Gen 7, such as the perfect three IV's, the nature random and such, the special stats are divided by two and then they are modified based on the base stats of that specific Pokemon, so is definitely going to look legit whatever you do

Trophies
Country
Canada
Pkhex is like the most simplistic Pokémon save editor put there....
A child can operate it....

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't break any guidelines or rules for a matter like this, back to topic

There are two methods to obtain Gen 1 pokemon in Gen 7 games, the first one is using PokeBank, which is the official method of transferring Pokemon from older generations to new ones, given that you're asking in the homebrew 3DS section, you are probably looking for a free method to do so, right? if so then, the second method may be for you

The second method consists of backing up the save data from your VC games (or from any R/B/Y rom) for then to open them with the use of PkHex, the program will immediately recognize the save data as a Gen 1 game and the recent updates gave it the option to transfer those Pokemon into Sun and Moon

To transfer those pokes, you need as stated before to open the saves from that Gen 1 game, and then you pick a Pokemon that you want (a pikachu, a charmander, whatever) available in your battle box or PC's and then you export them as a pk1 file on your PC, later on you will open a save from your Sun and Moon games (forgot to mention, you need to backup your SuMo savedata with either savefilemanager or jksm) once in there, add the pk1 file while the SuMo savefile is open, and guala! that's about it, it may be a tedious process since you can't transport boxes, but you can backup this Pokemon and have them in both games so you won't ever lose any poke at all.

I heard of things about PKSM but I don't know if it has compatibility for that, check up the current state of that program in doubt

The program has evolved a lot since then, it has compatibility for every main Pokemon game, and now it has features such as legality checker and QR generator, it is very easy to use and tutorials are available everywhere

So it is possible? I had given up on PkHex about 15 minutes within starting it up, back when X and Y were considerably young, I believe it was on the second build. I was hoping for simplicity in the form of a Homebrew version of transporter, but I have zero qualms with taking a tedious path, even if it meant rolling 3 miles in broken glass. Is there any talk of a way to get it all done in just the 3ds itself? I'm at a pretty comfortable level in programming and could help. That being said, I couldn't perform by myself as a human as real world duties. One more thing, is if there is a guide on using JKSM? I attempted to use it in the past to extract a save from PRW to edit my diamonds and ended up doing it wrong. Blew my save out like a tire. Also, I don't know how to import a backup. Links and tips would greatly be appreciated.

Trophies
Country
Canada
So it is possible? I had given up on PkHex about 15 minutes within starting it up, back when X and Y were considerably young, I believe it was on the second build. I was hoping for simplicity in the form of a Homebrew version of transporter, but I have zero qualms with taking a tedious path, even if it meant rolling 3 miles in broken glass. Is there any talk of a way to get it all done in just the 3ds itself? I'm at a pretty comfortable level in programming and could help. That being said, I couldn't perform by myself as a human as real world duties. One more thing, is if there is a guide on using JKSM? I attempted to use it in the past to extract a save from PRW to edit my diamonds and ended up doing it wrong. Blew my save out like a tire. Also, I don't know how to import a backup. Links and tips would greatly be appreciated.
Just use Pkhex..
If a 6 year old can operate it so can you
It's the most simplistic Pokémon save editor put there....

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pkhex is like the most simplistic Pokémon save editor put there....
A child can operate it....

Well, I was fairly new to the 3ds scene near the time I had to use it. Honestly speaking, it was fairly complicated, and involved a high chance of losing the save. I still have that copy of it... PcHex++ Is more more simple if you ask me. I'm glad someone finds PkHex simple though. (Metaphorical hi-5)

Trophies
Country
Canada
Well, I was fairly new to the 3ds scene near the time I had to use it. Honestly speaking, it was fairly complicated, and involved a high chance of losing the save. I still have that copy of it... PcHex++ Is more more simple if you ask me. I'm glad someone finds PkHex simple though. (Metaphorical hi-5)
It automatically makes a back up in a backup folder it creates.
If you have JKSV cia you can make many backups of one title.
Like for Pokémon Moon, you can have 7 backups, Pokémon Sun you can have 4 backups, Mario Kart 7, you can have 30 backups.
So don't worry about losing your save.
Pkhex makes a backup before editing, but if you're super cautious about it, use JKSV and make 2 backups.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, as long as you have a backup of your save, you won't lose anything

Second, PkHex is one of the easiest programs to use (in terms of save editing), write "pkhex tutorial" on google, find the most recent video and you will see how easy the process behind the genning of Pokemons is

And third, JKSM doesn't have too much science behind neither, if you have an entrypoint to homebrew, or better yet a CFW, all you need to do is to install the program via-homebrew launcher or .cia, export the savedata, put said exported savedata on your PC, alter it, re-export it again on your SD, and then import it with JKSV, the secure value is automatically erased per each save file imported, is very simplistic in terms of function if you ask me so

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I appreciate the info. So pretty much create a backup of everything, kinda like when writing small programs and saving a somewhat stable version, just in case I cook it too long and burn the functions. Well I shall experiment with Moon. Once I perfect it, I'll take a long shot and work over Sun. I sure appreciate the Information, and patience. First thread seemingly successful.

Trophies
Country
Canada
Well I appreciate the info. So pretty much create a backup of everything, kinda like when writing small programs and saving a somewhat stable version, just in case I cook it too long and burn the functions. Well I shall experiment with Moon. Once I perfect it, I'll take a long shot and work over Sun. I sure appreciate the Information, and patience. First thread seemingly successful.
Wait you have a CFW right?

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait you have a CFW right?

On my "main" 3ds, nope. On my "side" 3ds, absolutely. It's running RxTools, I was wanting to on my Main 3ds but sadly the only way to do that is with Fasthax and Safehax and Luma.. I despise Luma. I also do not want to downgrade my Main 3ds, I've seriously considered it. I've also considered drinking milk 5 days out of date. But never done it. They kind of relate in the sense of what could go wrong. Is Luma the only absolute choice for 11.2.0-35u without having a previous cfw? Because I feel like this all would be easier to accomplish with cfw...

Trophies
Country
Canada
On my "main" 3ds, nope. On my "side" 3ds, absolutely. It's running RxTools, I was wanting to on my Main 3ds but sadly the only way to do that is with Fasthax and Safehax and Luma.. I despise Luma. I also do not want to downgrade my Main 3ds, I've seriously considered it. I've also considered drinking milk 5 days out of date. But never done it. They kind of relate in the sense of what could go wrong. Is Luma the only absolute choice for 11.2.0-35u without having a previous cfw? Because I feel like this all would be easier to accomplish with cfw...
RXTools is like dead now. You're better off deleting your whole emunand (backup your games first) and install Luma and arm9.
Thing with that cfw you don't need a partition on your SD card taking up space.
It's much easier and your 3ds boots into cfw every time.

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh really? Like straight boots into cfw? I also havent used my old 3ds since RxTools was a thing. It is slowly getting close to its end of the line. RxTools was simple to use, it got me from a to z. I read like every guide out there in the latest. It all points to Luma now. Back when I did it before it all lead to rxtools. I'm not super keen on it still. No NAND backup sounds like a plus though. I may do it. If not I'll just have to suffer. I've seriously been waiting for sighhax but to my current knows and hows, it's still in the works.

Trophies
Country
Canada
Oh really? Like straight boots into cfw? I also havent used my old 3ds since RxTools was a thing. It is slowly getting close to its end of the line. RxTools was simple to use, it got me from a to z. I read like every guide out there in the latest. It all points to Luma now. Back when I did it before it all lead to rxtools. I'm not super keen on it still. No NAND backup sounds like a plus though. I may do it. If not I'll just have to suffer. I've seriously been waiting for sighhax but to my current knows and hows, it's still in the works.
You are still on 11.2 right?
Well type this in your computer's browser URL bar without the quotation marks.
"3ds.guide" and press enter.
And yes it boots straight into homebrew.

Trophies
Country
Canada
Also RXTools was my first CFW.
Or was it PastaCFW....
Couldn't remember. Been a long time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.