Emulation [Question] Import Miis from real Wii U into Cemu

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As written here I'm looking forward to export all my Miis from my real Wii U and import them in Cemu.
This thread is to cover the Cemu side of things. I know that we can install/use the Mii Maker to create new Miis but instead I want to import those I already created (there's a lot btw).
Is this possible? And if so, do they appear in games like Wii Party U like they would on a real Wii U? Never messed with Cemu yet tbh.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiUFtpServer to FTP to your Wii-U (press B to mount NAND paths), then get /storage_mlc/sys/title/0005001b/10056000 content and copy it in mlc01/sys/title/0005001b/10056000 (create the folder tree)

But i'm afraid that CEMU still fail to display them correctly (faces are missing)

Last edited by Laf111,

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiUFtpServer to FTP to your Wii-U (press B to mount NAND paths), then get /storage_mlc/sys/title/0005001b/10056000 content and copy it in mlc01/sys/title/0005001b/10056000 (create the folder tree)
Finally someone, thanks. Meanwhile I thought about it, it is just the "savegame" of the Mii Maker app, correct? Nice to know though. =)
But i'm afraid that CEMU still fail to display them correctly (faces are missing)
Wow this is still an issue after all these years? What's so hard for the Cemu team to render them correctly? No offense, just curiousity.

Edit: In Mii Maker itself they seem to render correctly according to YouTube.
Also they work here (NSMBU):

Also (most important to me) they seem to work in Wii Party U:

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: Laf111

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Laf111,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed @Laf111 's ftp app is amazing. I get about 7-10 times faster speeds than ftpii u everywhere. I installed his channel version. I've been using it to install wii u themes, thought ftpii u everywhere worked, it was slow (stopped, then started, stopped then started).

Reactions: Laf111 and lordelan

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
indeed @Laf111 's ftp app is amazing. I get about 7-10 times faster speeds than ftpii u everywhere. I installed his channel version. I've been using it to install wii u themes, thought ftpii u everywhere worked, it was slow (stopped, then started, stopped then started).
Oh, didn't realize it is actually his tool. Double nice! =)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, he has at least three tools, I think, on his github. the ftp server app is a much better one than ftpii u everywhere, and afaik, it's not mocha/haxchi dependent.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, he has at least three tools, I think, on his github. the ftp server app is a much better one than ftpii u everywhere, and afaik, it's not mocha/haxchi dependent.
Indeed, those tools are in his signature and from what I read in the github readmes, they are pretty nice!

Reactions: godreborn

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had forgotten about that. I knew it was 3 (that I know of) from somewhere. that must be it. I've only tried the ftp one.

Thanks for your feedback.

I divied into FTPiiu code because of BatchFW and Cemu2WiiU that come with an automated FTP interface to :
- import export saves of games installed on both side
- get/update Miis Head, Friend List, account data to play online using Cemu
- dump games

And initially to fix file injection (Wind Waker HD failed everytime using FTP everywhere)

CEMU is still experimental : updating to the latest version can break some games
A lot of enhancements were made and CEMU tends to be more and more stable and compatible.

BatchFw allows you to create shortcuts to launch your games using the "best" version of CEMU. So it is for users who use more than one version of CEMU. BatchFw is finished : i maintain it only (regarding CEMU enhancements)

Cemu2WiiU is for the standard CEMU's user (only one install of CEMU) and gathers only the FTP scripts of BatchFw.

I'm currently working on the V2 of Cemu2WiiU to add the dumping game feature and also the creation of graphic packs (resolution ones for games not supported in the official repository and maybe later FPS CAP packs)

You can use V1-2 of Cemu2WiiU to get and automatically install wii-u accounts with Miis Head, Friend List, account data to play online using Cemu and also to import/export saves.

Last edited by Laf111,

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your feedback.

I divied into FTPiiu code because of BatchFW and Cemu2WiiU that come with an automated FTP interface to :
- import export saves of games installed on both side
- get/update Miis Head, Friend List, account data to play online using Cemu
- dump games

And initially to fix file injection (Wind Waker HD failed everytime using FTP everywhere)

CEMU is still experimental : updating to the latest version can break some games
A lot of enhancements were made and CEMU tends to be more and more stable and compatible.

BatchFw allows you to create shortcuts to launch your games using the "best" version of CEMU. So it is for users who use more than one version of CEMU. BatchFw is finished : i maintain it only (regarding CEMU enhancements)

Cemu2WiiU is for the standard CEMU's user (only one install of CEMU) and gathers only the FTP scripts of BatchFw.

I'm currently working on the V2 of Cemu2WiiU to add the dumping game feature and also the creation of graphic packs (resolution ones for games not supported in the official repository and maybe later FPS CAP packs)

You can use V1-2 of Cemu2WiiU to get and automatically install wii-u accounts with Miis Head, Friend List, account data to play online using Cemu and also to import/export saves.
Pretty amazing stuff. This will come in handy on my Steam Deck once it arrives. :P

Reactions: Laf111

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la