[Question] Downgrading

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by hawlu, Jan 21, 2016.

1. hawlu
    OP

hawlu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    California
    So I'm trying to downgrade my cousins O3DS XL which he hasnt used much and is on 10.1 and everytime i try to use the browser it prompts me to update the system. With 10.4 out just wondering what i should do or if i have to wait.

2. Reitel

Reitel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Mexico
    Mexico City, Mexico
    The exploit was patched on 10.4, so you can't downgrade if you update your firmware now.

Can you use a different entry point like Cubic Ninja (aka Ninjhax) or Ocarina of Time (aka OoTHax)?

3. hawlu
    OP

hawlu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    California
    If he has OoT then I'll try that, if not then I guess he'll have to wait. Thanks anyway!

4. zhevastian

zhevastian GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    about the question above. if we don't have any entry point. but my sysnand is in 10.3 will the browser ask for update?

5. hawlu
    OP

hawlu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    California
    i'm not sure. I downgraded my sister's 10.3 O3DS by setting up menuhax through browser hax literally right before i did that one so the difference might just be the firmware.

6. zhevastian

Jan 9, 2016
    so you did this on nintendo has already an update?

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It is advised that you set up Tubehax DNS and attempt to use the browser to load browserhax. If you fail to set up Tubehax DNS first, my understanding is the browser might catch that it's out of date and lock you out of it until you update to 10.4.

If you're able to successfully use browserhax, then it is also recommended that you setup menuhax so you can load homebrew without using the browser.

Edit: If you are going to attempt a downgrade after setting up menuhax, you should remove Tubehax DNS in case of a soft brick.

Last edited by Lacius, Jan 21, 2016
  8. zhevastian

Jan 9, 2016
    ok i got it. is this only on 10.1 below? or should i do this also even when im on 10.3?

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    With the release of 10.4, yes, you should do this with 10.3.

10. zhevastian

Jan 9, 2016
    thanks for this usefull information. one more thing. if the brower already detected that youre outdated are you stuck for asking an update? or is there a way to revert then install tubehax?

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There's no way to reverse this on O3DS. It might be possible on N3DS.

If a person wants to downgrade 9.9-10.3 to 9.2 but can't use the browser anymore, then you need Cubic Ninja or a Sky3DS.

Last edited by Lacius, Jan 21, 2016
    zhevastian likes this.
  12. zhevastian

Jan 9, 2016
    ok thank you very much.