Question about Anit-Piracy and YSmenu

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by neofranky, Dec 2, 2009.

Dec 2, 2009
  1. neofranky
    OP

Newcomer neofranky Member

Mexico
    does the YS menu bypasses the anti-piracy by itself or do I need the codes as well

I am asking because my YSmenu'd R4 cannot seem to read AR codes and I wanted to ask before downloading Mario and Lugi: Bowser's inside story and Phantasy Star 0

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    If your YSMenu doesn't read codes, then you're doing something wrong.
    You can get the latest cheats here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=239
    Get the USRCHEAT.DAT file and make sure that:
    1). You put it into your TTMenu (or YSMenu) folder
    2). You don't have any other cheat files like CHEAT.DAT

3. neofranky
    OP

Newcomer neofranky Member

Mexico
    ok I played PS0 and it worked like a hcarm

the AR codes, however, are still not working

by not working I mean that I have the usrcheat.dat in both the YS menu folder and ITT folder (already tried on either folder only) and the option for "press Y to use codes" still doesn't appear....

any ideas on that regard

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Well... first thing I would suggest is to fix your YSMenu -- You shouldn't have two folders.
    Best solution IMO is to back up your skin and YSMenu.ini (if modified) then delete the TTMenu and YSMenu folders, _DS_MENU.DAT, TTMENU.SYS and YSMENU.ARP files
    Then build a new YSMenu using a2h's YSMenu Generator or R4YSAuto and be sure you get DSTT 1.17a07.
    I highly suggest a2h's YSMenu Generator since it comes with DSTT 1.17a07 and has a more friendly interface. You can ignore the infolib.dat part, as you'll be manually updating it later from the place I linked you to earlier.

After you build you should end up with one folder (TTMenu) and _DS_MENU.DAT which you will copy to your card.
    Now, make sure you have your infolib.dat, extinfo.dat and savlib.dat files updated from here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194103
    Last step is to get your updated USRCHEAT.DAT file from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=239

Oh, I forgot... In YSMenu there is no 'Press Y for Cheats'.
    When a game has cheats you'll see a 3rd checkbox appear with a button. It looks like this:
    [X] DMA [X] Reset [X] Cheat [...]
    The "[...]" will show your cheats.

Even if you get it working now, I'd still suggest you either follow the above steps, or copy all the files from your YSMenu folder to the TTMenu folder and delete YSMenu folder. For some reason, YSMenu works from the YSMenu folder, but games don't like to run properly.

5. Hotzdevil

Member Hotzdevil GBAtemp Fan

India
    @neofranky if you have more than one usercheat.dat file in your Micro SD card YSMenu doesn't show the cheat option (I have my YSMenu configured to work in place of Moonshell, so initially i had 2 cheat files one in my original R4 system folder Cheat.dat and in my TTMenu folder and the cheat option didn't show) so I deleted the cheat.dat from my R4 system folder and the cheat option was enabled when i went into YSMenu).. SO finally to make the long thing short [​IMG] just try having only 1 cheat file in your Micro SD card and that too in the TTMenu folder and see if that works before you try and reinstall YSMenu.. Hope it helps..