ROM Hack Question about Anit-Piracy and YSmenu

neofranky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
does the YS menu bypasses the anti-piracy by itself or do I need the codes as well

I am asking because my YSmenu'd R4 cannot seem to read AR codes and I wanted to ask before downloading Mario and Lugi: Bowser's inside story and Phantasy Star 0

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neofranky said:
does the YS menu bypasses the anti-piracy by itself or do I need the codes as wellYes and no...
I don't believe that YSMenu itself bypasses any antipiracy on it's own, but the extinfo.dat and the updated DSTT firmware does.
You can find the most recent infolib.dat (loading speed), extinfo.dat (piracy bypass), savelib.dat (save file size) and r4patch.dat (updated to work with Assassin's Creed II) files from 2009-12-01 here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194103

QUOTE(neofranky @ Dec 2 2009, 02:46 PM) I am asking because my YSmenu'd R4 cannot seem to read AR codes and I wanted to ask before downloading Mario and Lugi: Bowser's inside story and Phantasy Star 0
If your YSMenu doesn't read codes, then you're doing something wrong.
You can get the latest cheats here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=239
Get the USRCHEAT.DAT file and make sure that:
1). You put it into your TTMenu (or YSMenu) folder
2). You don't have any other cheat files like CHEAT.DAT

neofranky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok I played PS0 and it worked like a hcarm

the AR codes, however, are still not working

by not working I mean that I have the usrcheat.dat in both the YS menu folder and ITT folder (already tried on either folder only) and the option for "press Y to use codes" still doesn't appear....

any ideas on that regard

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... first thing I would suggest is to fix your YSMenu -- You shouldn't have two folders.
Best solution IMO is to back up your skin and YSMenu.ini (if modified) then delete the TTMenu and YSMenu folders, _DS_MENU.DAT, TTMENU.SYS and YSMENU.ARP files
Then build a new YSMenu using a2h's YSMenu Generator or R4YSAuto and be sure you get DSTT 1.17a07.
I highly suggest a2h's YSMenu Generator since it comes with DSTT 1.17a07 and has a more friendly interface. You can ignore the infolib.dat part, as you'll be manually updating it later from the place I linked you to earlier.

After you build you should end up with one folder (TTMenu) and _DS_MENU.DAT which you will copy to your card.
Now, make sure you have your infolib.dat, extinfo.dat and savlib.dat files updated from here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194103
Last step is to get your updated USRCHEAT.DAT file from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=239

Oh, I forgot... In YSMenu there is no 'Press Y for Cheats'.
When a game has cheats you'll see a 3rd checkbox appear with a button. It looks like this:
[X] DMA [X] Reset [X] Cheat [...]
The "[...]" will show your cheats.

Even if you get it working now, I'd still suggest you either follow the above steps, or copy all the files from your YSMenu folder to the TTMenu folder and delete YSMenu folder. For some reason, YSMenu works from the YSMenu folder, but games don't like to run properly.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
@neofranky if you have more than one usercheat.dat file in your Micro SD card YSMenu doesn't show the cheat option (I have my YSMenu configured to work in place of Moonshell, so initially i had 2 cheat files one in my original R4 system folder Cheat.dat and in my TTMenu folder and the cheat option didn't show) so I deleted the cheat.dat from my R4 system folder and the cheat option was enabled when i went into YSMenu).. SO finally to make the long thing short
tongue.gif
just try having only 1 cheat file in your Micro SD card and that too in the TTMenu folder and see if that works before you try and reinstall YSMenu.. Hope it helps..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse