Hacking [Q] Game Icons blank on modded PS4

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. So for awhile about 200 of my PS4 FPKGs I guess got corrupted. Their icons have become blank. It is on the home screen but they became blank like they are corrupted or something.
So if I click them, it will run the game... But as soon as all of the logos go by and it hits the title screen of any of the games or sometimes only for a few seconds in certain games the system says "User was logged out because an error has occurred."

Now all of that makes sense if the game is corrupted. Let me explain a bit further.
I found out if you activate REN (Remote Play Enabler) then it disables the home button. Which sucks. But whatever.
HOWEVER... whenever you run these corrupted games, it will get to the part where it says "User ha been logged out because an error has occurred." and if I press the button like usual... The game will simply resume where the screen appeared and I can play the game through.
So how "Corrupted" the game is simply beyond me... But the game is indeed playable. I guess with the home button disabled, it messes with the home menu?

ANYWAYS Here's my question:
Because the games "Work" so far without issue... Is there a reason all of the games are blank outside of corruption? Is the icon restorable maybe through the database?

Also for anyone having this issue there is a fix for corrupted games I guess. LOL

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Grmmish You dont have to activate PS4ren everytime you boot and want to run Remote Play.
You only have to run it once to register your PS4, when that is done you never have to run it again.

RE your missing icons:
what does the 'metaDataPath' say for the problem games in your app.db?
You can find your app.db in \system_data\priv\mms\

There are also a couple of automated ways of rebuilding your db.
1: https://github.com/Zer0xFF/PS4_db_rebuilder
2: PS4 SafeMode / rebuild database option.

Whichever one you try make sure to make a backup of your db's first.

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: KiiWii

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me understand, you have more than 200 titles installed on your console, around 200 have a blank icon but they work as expected?

No. LOL In reality, I have slightly more than 700 PS4 games installed. Only 200 of them are like this... But yeah. They work as expected when I bypass the "log out" screen.

@Grmmish You dont have to activate PS4ren everytime you boot and want to run Remote Play.
You only have to run it once to register your PS4, when that is done you never have to run it again.

RE your missing icons:
what does the 'metaDataPath' say for the problem games in your app.db?
You can find your app.db in \system_data\priv\mms\

There are also a couple of automated ways of rebuilding your db.
1: https://github.com/Zer0xFF/PS4_db_rebuilder
2: PS4 SafeMode / rebuild database option.

Whichever one you try make sure to make a backup of your db's first.

Thanks. I will try that! I will get back to you when I do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT:
Wait I just reread what you said.
I am missing ICONS. Yes. But NOT applications.
Rebuilding the DB will return games that DO NOT SHOW UP ALTOGETHER.
As I said, it SHOWS UP. just the icon is some weird default icon, not the game's icons. I will still look into it in case you are not mistaking, but in case you are I just wanted to say that,

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Grmmish

Can you FTP into one of the broken icons games CUSAXXXXX folders and check if the icon itself is somehow corrupt?

200/700 sounds odd. Maybe hdd is on its way out?

Idk or it’s a bad path like @Leeful suggested.

Yeah I JSUT understood with the metadata. And just found the folder a second ago. The "Appmeta" right? I am about to check now....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep. You guys are a huge help.

Turns out the "npbind", "nptitle" and "param.sfo" are all active in every game OTHER THAN THE ONES WITH MESSED UP ICONS.

Only Param.sfo is there on the broken ones. How exactly would I re obtain these?

Reactions: KiiWii

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy frick! that is what I was afraid of... Jeezis. That is the only way to reobtain these two files?
I mean I am ok with anything other than completely reinstalling them.
I am unable to reobtain those files from anything on the system itself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw