Stupid Question: Can I Buy Games I Pirated on PS Store?

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit, I pirated a handful of games on PS4. I wound up buying a PS5, and would like to have everything available on one system. The easiest way for me to do this, especially since I now have a job and can afford to gradually do so, would be to simply buy the games off of the PS Store. However, when I looked at the Home screen on my PS5, my account still has records of the various games I pirated and played on the PS4, including Trophies and everything.

Is there going to be an issue if I try to buy the games legit on the PS Store since I already have records and Trophies of having already played the games? I would assume it would raise some kind of red flag or something, and I don't want to get banned when I'm trying to get the games I had pirated legitimately.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit, I pirated a handful of games on PS4. I wound up buying a PS5, and would like to have everything available on one system. The easiest way for me to do this, especially since I now have a job and can afford to gradually do so, would be to simply buy the games off of the PS Store. However, when I looked at the Home screen on my PS5, my account still has records of the various games I pirated and played on the PS4, including Trophies and everything.

Is there going to be an issue if I try to buy the games legit on the PS Store since I already have records and Trophies of having already played the games? I would assume it would raise some kind of red flag or something, and I don't want to get banned when I'm trying to get the games I had pirated legitimately.

Probably would get flagged for a ban.

Reactions: KiiWii

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country

It would be risky, nobody really knows 100% but to me it should be fine since it's possible to play a game borrowed from a friend and have the savedata and trophies still on the system. Also, you can play downloaded games on your account and have trophies even if you don't have that game. For example: My cousin has a ps4 and his account linked, I use my account on that ps4 and download a bought game and play it. If my cousin uses his account he can play the game and unlock trophies. After that I can delete the game and he still has the trophies in his account even if he never owned the game. That's why it "should" be safe, however we don't really know how Sony sees it. So it's up to you if you want to risk it or not, it's better to not risk it but the choice is yours, we can only give advice based on what we know so far

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bricked or banned PS5 is pretty expensive to replace.

What fw version is your ps5 on? There are success stories with hacking the ps5 if on the proper fw and playing backups...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1