Hacking PSTV Mounted uma0: then Mounted USB ux0: is there a way to add PSVita games to app folder before

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...before plugging in and having them refresh on the LiveArea screen? I'm having the worst time trying to figure this out.
Like I said in the topic I mounted uma0: then mounted USB ux0: but whenever I try and reload the LiveArea screen I get (0) items added.
Totally lost. Can please someone guide me? The usb stick is loading up fine that's not the problem it's not loading my games I added to the app folder.

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
...before plugging in and having them refresh on the LiveArea screen? I'm having the worst time trying to figure this out.
Like I said in the topic I mounted uma0: then mounted USB ux0: but whenever I try and reload the LiveArea screen I get (0) items added.
Totally lost. Can please someone guide me? The usb stick is loading up fine that's not the problem it's not loading my games I added to the app folder.
It sounds like you're refreshing the wrong mount point. Anything you want in the Live Area needs to be copied to ux0. If you're copying to uma0, then you need to reset, mount uma0 to ux, then refresh the Live Area.

Reactions: BigDaddyWeaves

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

From what you're describing it sounds like you're using VitaShell on a PSTV to mount your USB Stick as uma0, then change the mountpoint to ux0 from within Vitashell
You're going to need to use PSVita Storage Manager (https://github.com/CelesteBlue-dev/PSVita-StorageMgr) and configure it to mount your USB Stick as ux0 on launch of henkaku/h-encore.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Localhorst86 Is there a guide on how to do this anywhere I seen the README but it wasn't all that helpful.
I need like step by step instructions.
There are step by step instructions under the "usage" section...

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay @Localhorst86 here's what I tried:
1st step) The device must have already been mounted as ux0: using VitaShell at least once to have necessary files on it [COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY] got all the files I needed on my USB Stick
2nd step) If it exists, remove gamesd.skprx and usbmc.skprx or any other storage plugin [COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY] checked my ur0:/tai and ux0:/tai folders both empty
3rd step)
Copy storage_config.txt to ur0:tai/.
Copy storagemgr.skprx to ur0:tai/.
These 2 steps were simple. [COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY]
4th step) If it exists, copy ux0:tai/config.txt to ur0:tai/config.txt (didn't exist in either ur0:/tai folder or ux0:/tai folder so I created one in ur0:/tai [COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY]
5th step) If it exists, remove ux0:tai/config.txt. (didn't have to do this step since there wasn't anything there to begin with) COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY]
6th step) In ur0:tai/config.txt after *KERNEL create a new line and write: ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx [COMPLETED SUCCESSULLY]
7th step) Configure ur0:tai/storage_config.txt to what you want (this is where I get hung up) I left it just as is. I don't know what to do here
This is what my storage_config.txt file looks like:
MCD=uma0
INT=imc0
GCD=ux0
UMA=grw0
(I must be doing something wrong somewhere along the line) as you know I want the USB stick to boot upon turning on the PSTV with all apps and stuff already loaded.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay @Localhorst86 here's what I tried:
1st step) The device must have already been mounted as ux0: using VitaShell at least once to have necessary files on it [COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY] got all the files I needed on my USB Stick
2nd step) If it exists, remove gamesd.skprx and usbmc.skprx or any other storage plugin [COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY] checked my ur0:/tai and ux0:/tai folders both empty
3rd step)
Copy storage_config.txt to ur0:tai/.
Copy storagemgr.skprx to ur0:tai/.
These 2 steps were simple. [COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY]
4th step) If it exists, copy ux0:tai/config.txt to ur0:tai/config.txt (didn't exist in either ur0:/tai folder or ux0:/tai folder so I created one in ur0:/tai [COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY]
5th step) If it exists, remove ux0:tai/config.txt. (didn't have to do this step since there wasn't anything there to begin with) COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY]
6th step) In ur0:tai/config.txt after *KERNEL create a new line and write: ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx [COMPLETED SUCCESSULLY]
7th step) Configure ur0:tai/storage_config.txt to what you want (this is where I get hung up) I left it just as is. I don't know what to do here
This is what my storage_config.txt file looks like:
MCD=uma0
INT=imc0
GCD=ux0
UMA=grw0
(I must be doing something wrong somewhere along the line) as you know I want the USB stick to boot upon turning on the PSTV with all apps and stuff already loaded.
Check your "regular" ux0 (either the internal storage or the vita memory card) for the tai folder.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what's displayed when I plug my memory card into the computer (nothing shows up on the PSTV under ux0:/ directory (No tai folder showing, not present at all) @Localhorst86
2W25DLR.png

Under ur0:/tai/storagemgr_log.txt I'm getting this:
ur0 : ur0
ux0 : ux0

Last edited by BigDaddyWeaves,

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's what's displayed when I plug my memory card into the computer (nothing shows up on the PSTV under ux0:/ directory (No tai folder showing, not present at all) @Localhorst86
2W25DLR.png

Under ur0:/tai/storagemgr_log.txt I'm getting this:
ur0 : ur0
ux0 : ux0

open vitashell, navigate to ur0, post a screen shot; it looks like you haven't copied the data from your internal memory to the USB drive.

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, you need to copy all the contents of your ux0 to the root of the USB via FTP in vitashell, you can then delete the tai folder from the USB drive once complete.

make sure you have show system/hidden files enabled on your PC so you can view the contents correctly

EDIT did you follow a guide to set up the USB? you need to zzblankimg the drive like with SD2Vita and make sure you format it correctly EXFAT, 64kb cluster size if 200+GB, default cluster size for smaller drives

Last edited by Vinceherman,

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you need to copy all the contents of your ux0 to the root of the USB via FTP in vitashell, you can then delete the tai folder from the USB drive once complete.

make sure you have show system/hidden files enabled on your PC so you can view the contents correctly

EDIT did you follow a guide to set up the USB? you need to zzblankimg the drive like with SD2Vita and make sure you format it correctly EXFAT, 64kb cluster size if 200+GB, default cluster size for smaller drives

I did not follow a guide for setting up my USB I didn't know I had to. That might be the problem lol I'll redo everything after formatting it correctly just stupid on my end that may very well what's been so wrong with this whole situation formatting plays a big role and I just did a windows format lol
I guess I'm not the brightest I thought the zzblankimg was only for sd2vita didn't realize it was for this too.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i formatted the drive with the zzblankimg 64kb (for my 256GB memory card) and EXFAT and then I copied over all the contents of ux0 into the memory card and turned it on and still no luck.
I must be missing an important part. Because I have a game in the app folder but it's not recognizing it on boot and rebuilding the database as it should be. I'm at a loss for what to try next nothing has worked so far.
I'm so close, so very close. @Vinceherman

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
go into vitashell, can you see a 256gb drive anywhere? if not press triangle, see if you can mount a usb drive in there?

if you can then storagemanager plugin is either set up wrong or not working (you deleted the tai folder on USB earlier yeah?)

from looking at your config files earlier you don't have any plugins... follow the below to get everything set up, you don't actually need shellbat on PSTV but it does help identify if your plugins are working when you reboot.

https://vita.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

Last edited by Vinceherman,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used TFPLUGIN on my PSTV, worked fist time after no tutorial helped me.

I use a 128gb thumb drive and just refresh live area after I add content to the stick by unplugging it and putting it in my laptop to add games, then plugging back in and turning on.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used TFPLUGIN on my PSTV, worked fist time after no tutorial helped me.

I use a 128gb thumb drive and just refresh live area after I add content to the stick by unplugging it and putting it in my laptop to add games, then plugging back in and turning on.

Okay I downloaded TF_Card_Plugin_Tool_English_v2.1_mod.vpk
and installed it and chose USB--> ux0 (Solo PSTV)
it told me it would reboot, it did
I went into vita shell my ux0 showed up as 238GB.
The only problem was when I went to go Refresh the LiveArea
it would go 0%.....50%....100% and then say Refreshed 0 items

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol