Hacking Homebrew ROM Hack cant add Wii games with usb loader gx

Rmni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
here are the things I tried to add new games to USB loader gx:
Using my Old Real Wii disks and using USB loader gx to rip them (they are badly scratched and dont work properly): it freezes

getting burned Wii game disks and using USB loader gx to rip them (i have the model that can read dvd-r disks): freezes

Mounting a Real Wii disk with USB loader gx: nothing happens but if I click the disk icon it freezes

Mounting a burned Wii game disk with USB loader gx: nothing happens but if I click the disk icon it freezes

Using the hard drive that already has games and works with it and try to add more games by using Wii backup manager: Wii backup manager doesn't detect the drive and I checked Disk Manager it has a red down arrow whatever that means

Use a new USB device with Wii backup manager: Wii backup manager made a folder that has the game in wbfs type but when I launched it on USB loader gx I got a black screen I tried going to the game loader settings and changing to 250 and force NTSC didn't work so I tried changing the settings on the game itself it said no sd card detect when there was one maybe because it's 8GB and also the USB stick was a bit slow

those are all the stuff I tried and something to clarify I got the Wii pre hacked and it seems like they did a bad job
So please help I have been very frustrated for the past few days I really want to replay my old games on an actual Wii

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post a syscheck here.
- Make sure your sd card is formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size, and the lock slider on the sd card adapter is in the "unlocked" position.
- Make sure you're using this version of usbloadergx.
- Also make sure your hdd (or usb) is formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size, set to MBR and has one primary partition. Use something like AOMEI Partition Assistant to format and set these parameters.
- As for the freezing issue, do you have a modchip installed? Anyway, just put aside those for now, try to test only with wbfs files so you could pinpoint the issue better. If games loaded from an hdd (or usb) work maybe your discs are just damaged, tho i doubt they'd cause a freeze every time you try to play them..
- Also check the hash of your wbfs games in WiiBackupManager to make sure they're not corrupt.

Reactions: jeannotte

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
About ripping discs - it seems to have always been considered more decent to use CleanRip.
It is unlikely, of course, that it will help with sanded discs, but nevertheless.
And yes, there is a mention there that some mod-chips have some issues that interfere with the process.

Reactions: jeannotte

Rmni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Post a here.
- Make sure your sd card is formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size, and the lock slider on the sd card adapter is in the "unlocked" position.
- Make sure you're usin gversion of usbloadergx.
- Also make sure your hdd (or usb) is formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster size, set to MBR and has one primary partition. Use something like AOMEI Partition Assistant to format and set these parameters.
- As for the freezing issue, do you have a modchip installed? Anyway, just put aside those for now, try to test only with wbfs files so you could pinpoint the issue better. If games loaded from an hdd (or usb) work maybe your discs are just damaged, tho i doubt they'd cause a freeze every time you try to play them..
- Also check the hash of your wbfs games in WiiBackupManager to make sure they're not corrupt.
Im curious why do I need to download a specific USB loader gx version?
And I don't think I have a mod chip and I know my Real Mario Kart disk does work but because of how scratched it is sometimes I just get unable to read disk when I'm playing it
also another question how can I reinstall USB loader gx with the version you provided? I have no knowledge of hacking a Wii since I didn't hack one before and does the Wiis system update matter what version it is?

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Maybe because it's the latest stable official version?
No one is going to support others (previous and/or third-party).

"Reinstallation" is simple.
You simply delete (just in case you can make a backup of it if it's necessary) the folder with the old USB Loader GX.
In its place, you copy the folder with the new version.
Since it is not known how old your old version was, then there is no point in keeping all sorts of old configs, etc. an so on (and it may even turn out to be harmful).

Update: Here it is described in more detail: https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx#installation
Also you can use ModMii to automate a bit the process of bringing your console up to date.

Also, you didn't post syscheck.
Do it, there's a lot of important information in there.

Last edited by r1vver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...