Hacking PSP Retro Emulators

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE: gpSP-J Fullscreen

googled and actually found my post on another site...

Old8oy said:
- Load a game

- Press HOME and select emulator options

- Change Display Mode to USER GU (the Magnification option is only applied when the Display Mode is set to USER GU)

- Go Back and Return To Game

- You should now be 3:2 fullscreen

Once the adjustment is made it will be applied globally.

can someone check this out for me and make sure it still applies?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Got the PM.

That setting tells it to use your custom magnification option below it, which still keeps the original aspect ratio. The default setting of 170% (I think it's 170%) makes the emulator fill the screen but with the black bars. You CAN increase the setting to fill the whole PSP screen, but then the top and bottom of the GBA screen is cut off since the aspect ratio isn't altered.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right. I'm watching some youtube videos and am now remembering that the "black bars" on the sides are so small that I probably never even noticed them. My wife used to have that same pet peeve regarding the black bars on the sides of the screen when we watched 4:3 movies/shows, until I pointed out to her how terrible everything looks stretched out. I told her to just pretend that the bars were the edges of the plastic border around the screen. worked for her...

thanks Rydian.

edit: i'm not sure the original "default" was 170%... I want to say it was originally like 120% or something stupid like that when I first got a hold of the release but the config file included with the download on the wiki might be from my PSP after I made the change and set the menus to English.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rayjay said:
Isn't one of the GBA emulators in japanese?

The original release of gpSP-J was set to Japanese by default. If you download it from the wiki linked in the OP and keep the config file it should already be set to English. (unless someone has removed my links and added their own, then I can't really vouch for them).

Nearly all of my original uploads had custom eboots with a retro commercial for each system (NES, SNES, Genesis, TGFX16) and a simple icon featuring the system and logo on the XMB. I believe the gpSP-J I had uploaded had a simple logo icon and a pmf of some random GBA gameplay on the eboot. if that's what you get when you download, it should be good to go.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see this post...

it really shouldn't be like that to being with. those files should be set up already. I know for a fact now that I've re-upped it myself based on someone's claim that they copied everything and it was still in Japanese. Rydian also says that he re-upped it. I know he's not a liar, and I'm pretty sure I'm not (at least regarding this
wink.gif
)

also...see this post and the one after it to see that Rydian and I have dealt with the language issue already.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would check but I can't "unrar" on this computer... is the config file set to read only? i can't imagine why it wouldn't save. nor can I understand why it would work for some and not all.

I'm about this close to getting another PSP....

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason, my GBA emulator doesnt seem to want to save all the time. Sometimes when i save in the game, it saves normally and other times, like after a few hours of gameplay (and saving in the game) and i shut the PSP down, or exit to the XMB, it sets me back a few gameplay hours. This has happened multiple times on multiple games :/

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i found my problem. Lordgoober, go into your menu (by pressing the Home button) and go to savestates and whatever. Change your save info to "automatic"instead of "uponExit"

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golden Sun 2's sound is off (Really effin slow) and the game lags just a tiny bit. Both are permissible, but i worried. Are their trouble spots where the game is bound to crash that i should know about?
Cause i know there's the spot in GS1 where you talk to Garet and tell him to drop his stuff, the game glitches to hell.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was just about to ask about these emus on Ask section but since nobody goes there, I figured I'd get better response here.

Are the listed emulators up to date in the wiki? Are they compatible with 6.60LME?

For the record, I'm mostly interested in GBC, NES and SNES emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo