Hacking PSP Retro Emulators

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? Ive had problems with snes9x not letting me past the disclaimer at startup and the text scrolls back up when I try to scroll down.
Killing me. I'm stuck as fuc*.
Tried a few versions, all same thing happening and Im on 6.20 PRO B5 with 3000 perm.

edit:Fixed this somehow by finding an earlier 2007 3.xx firmwares version and starting from that, setting up my defaults then replacing the eboot with the updated version recommended here... now it starts up fine.. im off to get to grips with it now.

and the link to snes9x just timed out when I tried so I had to get it elsewhere but I don't know if its just my not very good internet.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I replaced the SNES download with one that's not marked as read-only (that was the issue).

EDIT: Okay, I just re-fixed it again, stubborn little bastard.

EDIT2: Okay wait that was the read-only issue, but I forgot to include some default settings, so I included them this time.

Also I'm going to try out the "euphoria" edition, and if it's comparable I'll add it.

EDIT3: It's not as fast and is missing a graphical speedhack setting, but it is certainly usable so I'll stick it up as an alternative, along with a fixed default config because the one that comes with it sucks ass.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd... on the snes emulator it loads my game fine but the display settings is not full i can't read the full text on the new english version of DBZ legend of the super sayin... odd i'll try the other one.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
odd... on the snes emulator it loads my game fine but the display settings is not full i can't read the full text on the new english version of DBZ legend of the super sayin... odd i'll try the other one.

Have you messed with the display settings themselves? I haven't had an issue getting any game to work, even Super Mario RPG works fine (although their is slowdown in high action areas).

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
DJPlace said:

Have you messed with the display settings themselves? I haven't had an issue getting any game to work, even Super Mario RPG works fine (although their is slowdown in high action areas).

yeah i have the bottom text is cut out sometimes might be A. the rom B.the emulator i am using C. i don't know. i would play it on my supercard too but sadly my usb device is KO'ed...

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't figure even on my dstwo it's messed up i guess emulator only rom i guess on pc...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there compatibility wiki's for anything other than the N64 emulator?
And if there isnt can we start one or two of them here?

Oh and for a 2000/3000 there is a slow but working Sega Saturn Emu.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
As for the listed emulators, I know the NES one should play almost every game (I have Yet to play a game it has issues on, even bugfixed Mother and Battle Kid run well)... SNES should play almost every game, though special-chip ones like Star Fox are of course slow (but playable)... Genesis should play almost everything, I haven't heard of any major issues.

It's N64 where compatibility is flaky at best.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody else experience freezing issues if they just let the SNES emulator sit for a little while? I mean, it doesn't freeze right away, but I can play for about 10 minutes after, then boom, freeze. This doesn't happen when I'm just playing the games though. I can play easily for as long as I want to with no issues, but if I let it sit for any length of time (even just five minutes), I get a freeze.

I'm using the version from the wiki page for any wondering.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you add cheats to the GBA enulator? I the .cht file in the CHT folder.
I go to the "load cheat file" option, browse to the .cht file and return to the cheat menu and it still says "no cheats loaded".

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
How do you add cheats to the GBA enulator? I the .cht file in the CHT folder.
I go to the "load cheat file" option, browse to the .cht file and return to the cheat menu and it still says "no cheats loaded".
It should be in...
/PSP/GAME/(emulator)/GBA/CHT
Which seems odd, but that's the way it wants it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway