Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to ask about these emus on Ask section but since nobody goes there, I figured I'd get better response here.

Are the listed emulators up to date in the wiki? Are they compatible with 6.60LME?

For the record, I'm mostly interested in GBC, NES and SNES emulators.
They're up to date, and as far as I know at least one of each should work find on 6.x firmwares, no clue on LME's compatibility.

D

Deleted User

Golden Sun 2's sound is off (Really effin slow) and the game lags just a tiny bit. Both are permissible, but i worried. Are their trouble spots where the game is bound to crash that i should know about?
Cause i know there's the spot in GS1 where you talk to Garet and tell him to drop his stuff, the game glitches to hell.

Yes, though, I just got a PSP again, but I do remember something about a Mercury/Water Djinn, crash (Mercury Lighthouse(?), doubt it's been fixed yet since emulator updates are more overall than specialized.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SHIT. cause i just got there, and spent half and hour trying to load/save state around it. I wonder if i import it into VBA and get past that if i can use the same save...

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to ask about these emus on Ask section but since nobody goes there, I figured I'd get better response here.

Are the listed emulators up to date in the wiki? Are they compatible with 6.60LME?

For the record, I'm mostly interested in GBC, NES and SNES emulators.

Go to this website. I'm sure it will help you out better. :D

D

Deleted User

SHIT. cause i just got there, and spent half and hour trying to load/save state around it. I wonder if i import it into VBA and get past that if i can use the same save...

You can, that's how I believe many people "solved" that specific problem. That said, nothing can fix the sound ~_~

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, the rom i have seems to run pretty close to full speed, and the sound only borks up a little bit.
Now the world map is a different beast lol

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im not into emulators,kinda boring games on them.

This is one of the oddest opinions I've ever seen on emulators. An emulator isn't a system with special games, it's a program meant to simulate a system and its games. By saying this, you're essentially stating every console up to the wii has boring games, as they can all be emulated.

in context here, I assume you're referring to a lot of the emulators for older consoles from 1980 to 2000. Still, that's a very general opinion to have on those earlier decades of gaming :P

Reactions: 1 person

MadHouse38

Trophies
XP
Country

This is one of the oddest opinions I've ever seen on emulators. An emulator isn't a system with special games, it's a program meant to simulate a system and its games. By saying this, you're essentially stating every console up to the wii has boring games, as they can all be emulated.

in context here, I assume you're referring to a lot of the emulators for older consoles from 1980 to 2000. Still, that's a very general opinion to have on those earlier decades of gaming :P

Oh you got me wrong XD

I meant i dont wanna bother about adding emulators to my psp because i dont find it safe and i like to play them on my old systems,actually i just like to have all those old consoles and games just for collection. So i think playing those games on PSP is boring =/

anyway hows going with music,colleague? I play piano,clarinet and saxophone. currently at high music school.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Oh you got me wrong XD

I meant i dont wanna bother about adding emulators to my psp because i dont find it safe and i like to play them on my old systems,actually i just like to have all those old consoles and games just for collection. So i think playing those games on PSP is boring =/

anyway hows going with music,colleague? I play piano,clarinet and saxophone. currently at high music school.

ah, allright, then. I understand what you mean.

Music's going fairly well. I play mainly piano, drums, brass instruments (french horn, trumpet ,etc) and accordion. Recently wrote and recorded a SOPA parody song and have some stuff coming up for Christmas.

Not to get off-topic, then, It does feel better to play games on the console they're intended for...sometimes. A few do feel better emulated, though, like the virtual boy - emulating that induces no headaches and still lets you use 3D with red/blue glasses on some emus. Too bad the PSP's VB emu isn't functional, though :/

anyways, then, that works well enough, I suppose.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there any options for the NES emulator, like save state and stuff? I can't figure out how to get into the menu.
It's the oddball and the menu button by default is set to one of the analog stick directions, I think it's left or up. Yeah it's got save states and various config options.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i reorganized it a bit, alphabetical and moved some stuff around. i also added a bunch of emulator projects. i have about 5 or 6 more to add tomorrow. i'm sure there is a ton missing but i'll keep adding as i find new projects.

-another world

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
i reorganized it a bit, alphabetical and moved some stuff around. i also added a bunch of emulator projects. i have about 5 or 6 more to add tomorrow. i'm sure there is a ton missing but i'll keep adding as i find new projects.

-another world

I'm not so sure adding so many emulators of varying quality is a good idea, especially when a system has some optimal emulators. For instance take the NGP section (this caught my eye, i'm not saying it's the only instance) - adding NGPSP and NeoPop as options serves little purpose as RACE is just better. And EmuMaster is just a hex edit and reskin of Masterboy by some guy who wanted some recognition.....is it really worth including?

I think keeping the popular emulators of the more used systems to one side is a more sensible plan to make things more usable, with a secondary list perhaps with everything on it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
from my understanding when this thread moved to the wiki it became "Emulation on PSP", just as it is titled. This means a list of all emulation available on the PSP and not a simple list of what might work best.

in my mind the next step would be for someone like you, with much more psp knowledge than i, to update the wiki with information such as what emus are best (perhaps flagging them with an ascii character?), which can be avoided and for what reasons, etc. in regards to the emumaster project, i had no idea, feel free to remove it if you think that is best.

as i have been looking around i have yet to find 1 listing of everything that describes the best and the worst. the gbatemp wiki is the perfect place to centralize this information and for it to stay updated. however, if everyone disagrees then please let me know so that i do not spend another 4 hours mirroring files and information =).

-another world

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The listing, as it was, showed the best. Emulator development on the PSP was ongoing for years, almost right from the start, so there's a very, very wide range in the functionality and compatibility (as well as speed) of them. You have SNES ones that can run Super Mario RPG, and then you have SNES ones that can't even do the circle-fade intro of super mario world at half speed...

Starring the ones that were there should be good enough, as for many cases (such as tyl versus euphoria for SNES, and KAI versus J for the GBA) it's often just personal preference as the various branches have ups and downs.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i cleaned it up a little bit. i found many articles about emumaster being a hex edit release, so that was removed. i added some info for the files which remain, like how fce ultra can play mappers 163/164, why psp legacy r4 is a better choice, etc.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...