pSNES: Switch Snes9x port

Here is pSNES, a snes9x port to multiple platforms.

screenshot_mini.png

Readme:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/blob/master/psnes/README.MD

Source code:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/

Download:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/releases/

• devkitPro and libnx people: fincs, WntrMute, yellows8, plutoo...
  • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

Last edited by cpasjuste,

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of you looking for an NES app should, DEFINITELY try fceumm! Full screen {go into settings, video, select custom or 16x9}, saves, and plays well. Haven't tried it docked, yet, and don't know when I will.

You can get the single core from here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/development-thread-retroarch-libnx.505672/

Has that easy/quick side-to-side/page scroll function {left/right} to go through the games.

dheath

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Any of you looking for an NES app should, DEFINITELY try fceumm! Full screen {go into settings, video, select custom or 16x9}, saves, and plays well. Haven't tried it docked, yet, and don't know when I will.
Why are you posting it in this thread? I think most of us know about fceumm already. I think we should keep this thread for pSNES...

Reactions: Xenosaiga

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure if anyone else have this problem so I started Mario rpg on 1.3 in game save worked like a charm and I update to 1.5 played the game for bout an hour saved it turn it off...next day turn it on to play and it didn’t save the file that was there was from 1.3...

I also have issues with save states. For me the 1.5 version is not saving at all. 1.3 was working.

Even when manually creating a save state and I try to load it I get an error message that this save file is not in a snes9x format

Hi, i just tried saving on 1.5. Here, it works fine when i go in the save menu, make a save, then i'm able to go back in the save menu and load it. Didn't test an 1.3 save thought, maybe something have changed from previous snes9x version.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@cpasjuste off topic but any plans to bring us some Amiga love to Switch? I've been dreaming of the day a perfect portable Amiga becomes reality and it feels like the Switch might just be the one :)

They were meant for each other..

KFc94Mp.jpg
Yes yes! I've been biding my time wondering when to post a request for an Amiga emulator.
It looks like uae4arm would be the project of choice, it's designed for more modern/powerful arm systems and has a lot more features (AGA/CD32, emulation of 32bit CPUs, etc) than the older uae4all which just does a basic Amiga 500.
E: https://github.com/lubomyr/uae4arm

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: peteruk

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you posting it in this thread? I think most of us know about fceumm already. I think we should keep this thread for pSNES...

Congratulations on your second post and knowing everything ever. Some have been wondering about NES, other than that other cycle app. And, IGNORED to not derail this thread with more foolishness.

j43728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very stupid question but I tried basically every damn button and it never loads the games, I have put it in the directory and all that I guess imma just go back with the retroarch port then if I can't get it to work

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
very stupid question but I tried basically every damn button and it never loads the games, I have put it in the directory and all that I guess imma just go back with the retroarch port then if I can't get it to work

Is your rom list showing as red or green?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations on your second post and knowing everything ever. Some have been wondering about NES, other than that other cycle app. And, IGNORED to not derail this thread with more foolishness.
You know that you are the one posting irrelevant information in this thread, right? Why do you highjack a SNES emulator thread to link to a NES emulator completely unrelated to the author or project? Make a new thread if you will but stop advertising it everywhere where it doesn't belong.

Reactions: Brawl345 and dheath

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm seeing things, but the image quality in pSNES is "softer" than in Retroarch (Salamander). I'm not trying to denigrate; just verify if that's currently a known issue for pSNES (or if that's normal and it's Retroarch that is doing something funny with the image quality).

I took screenshots using the built in button on the Switch. That confirmed I wasn't seeing things. I used 3x and Full on pSNES while using integer scaling and whatever is considered "pixel-perfect" as described on the SNES classic (i.e., not 4x3).

Is this normal/expected? Thanks!

Anyone?

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can get the single core from here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/development-thread-retroarch-libnx.505672/

Has that easy/quick side-to-side/page scroll function {left/right} to go through the games.
Thanks I will check it out. Been looking for a decent NES emu as well.

Reactions: DollyWhipDoll

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
it came pre-loaded with games? they're all red but I made a folder like it said, put my games and still nothing
Delete db.xml and make sure your roms are in /switch/psnes/roms.. Or whatever your psnes folder is named

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to delete the file, you can disable it from the menu (USE_DATABASE OFF). Its disabled by default.
Oh, never paid attention to that. Just read that it wasn't mandatory and got rid of it. :x

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SNEX9x port is way better than this. You can browse roms in any folder of the SD instead of putting it in a specific folder.

Wow, someone's ungrateful, no one's making you use this, you know. The author is working on this on his own time and effort, show some respect.:angry: You can't browse ROMs in another folder, poor you. People like you are the reason
authors abandon homebrew projects. If you have nothing useful to say, then shut your damn mouth.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.