RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
got one of amazon that is patched.
fuck :D

when i try and use the rcm jig the screen flickers and doesnt enter rcm
You're doing something wrong, do not burn your console. RCM must be activated, but not payloads. Please provide info about your console.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dang, must been a new shipment then!

It shouldn't take long for the US regardless. While it isn't immediate like Japan, shipments to the US market are high priority and usually fast. There'll be a delay but it won't be a long one, and the turn-over is quite high due to (in no small part) Fortnite. So stock is going to be moving quickly, so only very inactive regions will have non-patched units on shelves within a few weeks.

EU and tertiary markets outside of SEA will take longer (SEA imports or is shipped stock from Japan).

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't take long for the US regardless. While it isn't immediate like Japan, shipments to the US market are high priority and usually fast. There'll be a delay but it won't be a long one, and the turn-over is quite high due to (in no small part) Fortnite. So stock is going to be moving quickly, so only very inactive regions will have non-patched units on shelves within a few weeks.

EU and tertiary markets outside of SEA will take longer (SEA imports or is shipped stock from Japan).
I bought one a week ago at walmart and it's not patched. They also had a lot of them with similar serials. So There's still plenty of unpatched stock.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

starts with xaw40012 came with 4.1
i got in to the sx payload bootscreen.

i guess im fine
that's good news for me. My switch that's in repair for faulty sd card reader has the same serial.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I_PATHCES.jpg

Seriously though what are they i mean it sounds like software
but i am guessing that this is hardware? so it can not be implemented in a future FW update on exploitable units right

and if it is hardware tthen what exactly are they patching, what component of the switch is being replaced or what not
or is it something that Nintendo does to the tegra chip itself but requires them to physically connect a flashing device to the tegra pins to implement , i mean since there are reports of warranty switches coming back with the exploit patched i am assume that this is software but need to be implemented through hardware flashing and that they can not implement a fix through a FW update

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: zoogie

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone tickle my curiosity. Why are some people buying Switches now when its been hinted at previously that Nintendo would be fixing the bootrom exploit via a new Switch revision? These may not be Switch units that utilize the new SoC, but it applies the same risk in waiting for a non-hacked Switch to hit the market. Off the top of my head, money is probably the biggest reason.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone tickle my curiosity. Why are some people buying Switches now when its been hinted at previously that Nintendo would be fixing the bootrom exploit via a new Switch revision? These may not be Switch units that utilize the new SoC, but it applies the same risk in waiting for a non-hacked Switch to hit the market. Off the top of my head, money is probably the biggest reason.
I bought one in june but haven't tested rcm yet since my jig hasn't worked. money was the main factor but if nothing else you can always buy off of ebay even if you get unlucky with a patched system. there are so many switches that are vulnerable after all.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
TX is having a hard time finding a 'problematic' console in the right 'serial number range':

NewSwitch410_4.jpg

As such they are asking for community help in supplying them with more non-working units so they can diagnose the problem and come up with solution.

Check out my news post before, about how they will infact buy or replace the Switch with working model, and cover the shipping costs to send them the non-working one.

:arrow: Source: https://www.maxconsole.com/threads/...n-working-hac-s-jxe-c3-switch-revision.47430/

Last edited by garyopa,
Reactions: weatMod

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
am i the only one slightly confused that his is a big deal, considering it was said over and over and over that the exploit couldn't be patched with anything but hardware revision?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunate but alas.

am i the only one slightly confused that his is a big deal, considering it was said over and over and over that the exploit couldn't be patched with anything but hardware revision?
It is a hardware revision, just not one that actually fixes the bug, just one that breaks fusee-gelee.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 ways for Nintendo to combat this. The first is by implementing a new SoC that does not have the bootrom exploit in the first place. The second one involves patching the bootrom at the factory because they can open up the console still. Nintendo could patch this exploit on all current Switch units but they would need to conduct a mass recall and that is millions of units we're talking about. Of course, they can also silently patch units that are being returned or refurbished as long as it doesn't affect the functionality of the system.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1