Hacking PSA about IPATCHed Switches and supernag.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was that reddit user, Connor on the RS discord later prove that Scires' hypothesis was, unfortunately, incorrect.

It has, however, been confirmed that, if your switch hasnt connected since 7.0.1 was the most recent update, you can cart update to 7.0.1 and it will denag. *THIS IS THE ONLY KNOWN METHOD FOR DENAGGING A SWITCH WITHOUT UPDATING TO 8.1.0. ALL OTHER METHODS HAVE BEEN TESTED AND THEY ALL FAILED.*
That and restoring a NAND backup using a hardware mod.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damnit Nintendos AP team is persistent this time

I look forward to the years when this thing is blown wide open

D3viloper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont know if its working on ipatched consoles, but you can test it if you have access to the homebrew channel. Its a Homebrew from Adubbz called Gag-Order

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if its working on ipatched consoles, but you can test it if you have access to the homebrew channel. Its a Homebrew from Adubbz called Gag-Order
See Draxzelex's post above for why Gag Order doesn't help people with ipatched systems experiencing the supernag.

The only way to get rid of the supernag on ipatched systems is to restore an old NAND backup from before the supernag using a hardmod.

Reactions: Draxzelex

xmflsct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sure but what is the mechanism to unset this? I believe they are saying spoof a nintendo server to unset the supernag. Doubt that will help of course.
Indeed. I have an iPatched device on 4.1 and unfortunately with supernag probably due to lack of enough knowledge when I had it last year. And if there is no hope of solving supernag, I would not wait anymore.

Reactions: Syco54645

Syco54645

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. I have an iPatched device on 4.1 and unfortunately with supernag probably due to lack of enough knowledge when I had it last year. And if there is no hope of solving supernag, I would not wait anymore.

I am in the same boat. I am still waiting for official word from anyone out there that supernag cannot be defeated via a cart update. Once that is known then I will probably sell this switch and buy one that can do RCM. THey are not all that hard to find, contrary to what everyone says.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure but what is the mechanism to unset this? I believe they are saying spoof a nintendo server to unset the supernag. Doubt that will help of course.
No one is saying that. As the user Lacius mentioned above, an ipatched unit can only remove the supernag with a NAND backup performed via a hardmod. It is a flag stored in the console's internal data that cannot be modified without some sort of exploit on the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-