1. ga2mer

ga2mer Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    That is, if I create a wi-fi network without an internet connection with redirect all sites to a local pegascape server everything will be fine?

2. masagrator

masagrator The patches guy

Poland
    Yes. It's all gone if Switch will receive information from Nintendo Servers that there is an update available.

ga2mer likes this.
  3. le0n

le0n Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    ohhh shi...** this is heavy... i have a package XAJ1003XXXX console and i didn't connect to internet yet... so it'll be better to wait, i don't want this console for MP, i want to use old emulators and for traveling purposes :P

cheers

4. Naxil81

Naxil81 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
  5. Syco54645

Syco54645 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yimejky and Naxil81 like this.
  6. ratsz

ratsz Member
    Newcomer

France
    Thanks for your thread, I had to clear a normal nag for 8.0.0 in maintenance mode... so I guess I can stop waiting for a hack compatibility :yayswitch: .

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Alternatively, you can do the following in order:
    1. Select your Wi-Fi network
    2. Put in an incorrect password
    3. Save the settings
    4. Enter the settings
    5. Put in the 90DNS settings
    6. Put in the correct password
    7. Save the settings
    8. Connect

Bumblecito and Mythical like this.
  8. Ne1n

Ne1n Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I'll just wait untill there is something that is 100% safe and easy to get :D

9. yimejky

yimejky Newbie
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    I was so happy, that deja vu is finally out and I though that maybe one day I will be able to exploit my little 7.0.1 patched unit. Now, after I found out that my unit is sick with "supernag", I feel like there is 0% that It will ever be hacked. Probably will just buy one unpatched from US with extra 70$ for shipping to europe and tax. Really sad day for me.

KlariNoX likes this.
  10. Syco54645

Syco54645 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What is the best method to get an unpatched one?

11. yimejky

yimejky Newbie
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    From what I saw on this site probably ebay. Still dont know.

12. Sato92

Sato92 Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Umm, there is a rumor, that if I tried update switch with 10 percent of battery, update will fail, and nag will dissappear.. anyone can confirm this? Or it is just for normal nag?

13. Syco54645

Syco54645 Member
    Newcomer

United States
  14. ga2mer

ga2mer Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    I know about this method, just wanted to make sure that just do not need to allow connect Switch to the nintendo servers and I want make portable wi-fi network (on esp8266 or something else) for excluding supernag and moments when I not home or without internet

Last edited by ga2mer, Jun 28, 2019
  15. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you use a Wi-Fi network without an internet connection, you won't trigger the supernag.

16. _hexkyz_

_hexkyz_ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This was/is a major issue in releasing the deja vu chain and nvhax in particular. I was hoping to do a more compact release once I had the time, but since emummc was a priority, we released the nvcore code (implementation of nvhax) some time ago on Discord for others to research.

Be very careful with anything that requires using the browser on a patched Switch. This includes regular PegaSwitch (even plain browserhax which was fixed to work on 4.1.0 recently) and the PegaScape project (PegaSwitch front-end). If your console manages to connect to official servers and the "needs_update_vulnerability_policy" setting is changed, your console will never be able to access the browser again ("supernag"). The vulnerability policy setting is saved in NAND and can't be cleared even with a factory reset.
    It's still unclear if it's possible to trick the system into reverting the status of "needs_update_vulnerability_policy", so it's best to avoid it at all costs.

On the other hand, if you manage to boot into CFW on a patched unit using the deja vu chain (now available via the Caffeine and PegaScape projects), make sure to dump your NAND right away. If you have a NAND backup and your patched unit's BIS keys, even if you mess up in the future (and activate the "supernag" somehow), you'll still be able to flash that backup externally (requires additional hardware).

17. DavidFalcon

DavidFalcon Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I've been waiting for a while, this is really some sad news for everyone that has gotten the supernag. Nonetheless there are still a couple of things that I haven't found clear answers on:
    1. What about updating from cartridge to 1 version above the current version? Is there a list of cartridges that come with said updates?

2. From a reddit user, according to SciresM, Puyo Puyo Teris JPN might be able to bypass the Supernag, is this confirmed?

3. Removing the update files so the switch has to download them again, and then start actually updating the switch within Recovery mode however when it is still downloading the update files in the screen "Downloading update data...." actually turning off the switch by holding the power button. Maybe since it starts the process of updating, the variable gets changed? Before anyone tests this I hope there is some safe way of finding this out, don't want anyone's switch to brick because they turned it off in the update process and a (slow) internet connection might be required.

18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    There is currently no confirmed way of removing the supernag without restoring an old NAND backup using a hardware mod. The methods you've outlined, and others, are still being investigated.

anhyeuviolet likes this.
  19. Dysproh

Dysproh Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, a browserless entrypoint, such as some kind of exploit with the album applet, would be the only say for these switches (including my own) to get CFW?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I was that reddit user, Connor on the RS discord later prove that Scires' hypothesis was, unfortunately, incorrect.

It has, however, been confirmed that, if your switch hasnt connected since 7.0.1 was the most recent update, you can cart update to 7.0.1 and it will denag. *THIS IS THE ONLY KNOWN METHOD FOR DENAGGING A SWITCH WITHOUT UPDATING TO 8.1.0. ALL OTHER METHODS HAVE BEEN TESTED AND THEY ALL FAILED.*

Last edited by Dysproh, Jun 30, 2019
  20. Syco54645

Syco54645 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So wait I can cart update to 5.x (mine wasn't online after anything newer was out) and remove nag then I just need to wait for the updated exploit?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - IPATCHed, Switches, supernag