PS4 Slim pictures leaked online

ps4sm.png

A Twitter user has managed to get his hands on a rumored PS4 Slim and confirmed it's legit. He provided screenshots of the system itself along with shots of the box and all its content.

Size comparison:

ps4c.jpg

Check out more pics and info at the

:arrow:More pics & source

Reactions: LuigiXL

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat! I'll wait for the 4k, but slim is cool. I'm curious if any of its stats have changed,like power consumption or ease of HDD replacement, or if its just tinier

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
IMHO the console looks like it was printed on a 3d printer...

it's so ugly and so flavorless, makes a face like "kill me now :sad: i have no idea why you purchased me"

btw, is it compatible with the 4k?

This right here is what is wrong with this generation of so called gamers. Your complaining about how it looks? Really? Is that the first thing to come to your mind when you see this?

Thank God for you that you wasn't born in the 70's and grew up on 80's computers having to put up with big ugly controllers, ugly home computers and having to wait at least half an hour just to play a game. Your be dead by now

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The original PS4 is already so cheaply made and small regarding its size so this slim version doesn't seem to make much sense.

But if they manage to sell it for 100$ cheaper then it's all good.

D

Deleted User

I think it'd look great under my TV, my only gripe with it is that it's still a tad too big still for my liking (especially for a slim edition).

Elratauru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I believe it looks fine, its slimmer and that's what it counts, the rounded edges gives it a more modern "appleish" look, and matte plastic is always better than gloss because of dust and fingerprints everywhere.

People forget that this "slim" version, and most slim versions are made to be cheaper, and fix heat problems most of the time. Look at the PSOne, or the PS2 Slim, hell even the PS3 Super Slim feels cheap as fuck, but its made to get the job done, which is playing games. I appreciate the smaller footprint and height for once.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So the Wii U still is the best looking console in this generation currently. :)
The Wiki U looks immensely cheap, Nintendo plastic has gone downhill.
Too bad you can't customize it like us pc users ;) sure we may get games console have a little later, but at least ours almost always have mod support. But back on topic, this new ps4 looks so awful! I bet they used the same hardware inside and just over clocked the cpu/gpu a little and added a little bit of ram. This console needs to be shot.
If people wanted to customisation, they wouldn't have bought a PS4 in the first place. It's like calling someone a chump for buying a microwave because an oven would let them bake cakes when all *they* wanted was to reheat stuff. You're projecting.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This right here is what is wrong with this generation of so called gamers. Your complaining about how it looks? Really? Is that the first thing to come to your mind when you see this?

Thank God for you that you wasn't born in the 70's and grew up on 80's computers having to put up with big ugly controllers, ugly home computers and having to wait at least half an hour just to play a game. Your be dead by now
i care about how it looks when it is just a redesign of the original model...
or when there are 2 or 3 models of the same thing to choose from.
it doesn't change any way how the games run or how you play, it's the exact same thing but more appealing to some people...
so. isn't that the purpose of owning a slim? so the looking or the design appeals more to me than the other available model?

i always preefered over fat models because they are usually superior to the redesigns
first wii had gamecube, fat ps2 could shove a internal hdd
come on, i have a fat ps3 which is heavier than my entire bank account in coins of 1 cent, and i choose it over the others cuz it plays ps2 games...

it makes me sick going in a store and see the "gamer area" there is about 20 different keyboards, all of them in rainbow colors and lights comming out from the base so you can see what colors makes your crotch look bigger

and yeah, thank god i don't need to wait 15 minutes to play a game, ho wait i still need to wait about 3 hours for the 111GB day one required patch for whatever reason.
back in my day i plugged the cartridge on my sega, plug and play baby.. no loadings no updates with extra new items that don't match and don't make sence to the main game.
and in the end of the day i let the console all night turned on so i could continue sonic the hedgehog in the next day

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Someone has a new Dualshock 4 with ANOTHER light bar added. It's a thin strip of light at the top of the touch pad.

D

Deleted User

I don't see what's wrong with it. It may look like a pancake stove and the PS4 is a weak console imo but it works and that's what matters right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    ohio is round on both sides and hi in the middle
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run...