Hacking PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/Backport Tool by RiPPERD - UPDATED V2.2

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i tried the noob's release, it had me install hexdump via cmd line for python. it seemed to work, but i quit. it was late and my 5 attempt or more with this project (me not yours ).
i noticed that when i use ps4 pkg viewer (leecherman)after backporting i get a failed to load contents, and the system version is the same as it was before backported.
the only errors i see are the photos i posted previous, other than that dont know what im doing wrong.
i tried the rt version of app but cant test it til later, but pkg viewer fails to load contents so probably not going to work.

i get the same error after using v2.2 and hen 2.1.4

im not really sure what hexdump does i removed it though coz it threw errors... there is another version now on another website... well known guy has also made 1... works much faster than mine and does a patch file like you all wanted :( ill continue to try get mine working great but think it will prob die out now

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RiPPERD
Been trying to get updates working utilizing your app up until the .gp4 creation and manually doing the rest. I’ve noticed on the update I’m working on it puts the eboot.bin file in backport folder and creates newboot.elf but after the next step it is deleted and not moved to Original folder, the old eboot.bin isn’t over Written either. I had to do it manually. Not home now to test the update or check other games to see if the problem exist with them as well. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@RiPPERD
Been trying to get updates working utilizing your app up until the .gp4 creation and manually doing the rest. I’ve noticed on the update I’m working on it puts the eboot.bin file in backport folder and creates newboot.elf but after the next step it is deleted and not moved to Original folder, the old eboot.bin isn’t over Written either. I had to do it manually. Not home now to test the update or check other games to see if the problem exist with them as well. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
thanks for this...

process should be this though

eboot.bin convert to eboot.elf
eboot.elf to neweboot.elf
neweboot.elf to eboot.bin

eboot should be overwritten... ill look into it... maybe something went wrong

Reactions: kylum

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what game is this? im thinking maybe the game is corrupt?
error CE-4xxx
i get this error too. i get it with RE2 and death strand. using pkg viewer i can see the structure of RE2 but not death strand (it gets failed to load contents)
after using this app and and the one you spoke of no pkg i create will load contents in pkg viewer i believe 1.5
im waiting on apps2usb to finish. i was deleting stuff and started to delete my library on accident, man does it delete shit fast lol
so once that is done, i will test the RT version pkg.
then i will test the full backport game, and the backport patch to see if work.

Reactions: RiPPERD

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not really sure what hexdump does i removed it though coz it threw errors... there is another version now on another website... well known guy has also made 1... works much faster than mine and does a patch file like you all wanted :( ill continue to try get mine working great but think it will prob die out now
Thanks for your efforts either way.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@RiPPERD
eboot.bin moved to main folder just before a pause... then it goes... but it should go to the right place... ill double check in sec

i think maybe you had files left behind in backport folder... please check then run app again coz eboot.bin moved for me... maybe that file gave an error?

Last edited by RiPPERD,

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eboot.bin moved to main folder just before a pause... then it goes... but it should go to the right place... ill double check in sec
never moves to main folder either. Not sure if it’s because it’s an update or not. Will try and test on other games that previously worked with 1.9 plus the file you made me.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
never moves to main folder either. Not sure if it’s because it’s an update or not. Will try and test on other games that previously worked with 1.9 plus the file you made me.
cheers mate thanks for testing and feedback.

i just tried it on the game Bully and eboot.bin moved, converted and moved back fine... not sure what the problem is

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh so that prx file is not in the sce_module folder? can you please send me screenshot of this game contents via PS4 PKG VIEWER 1.5

Yes, this ".prx" file is out of "sce_module" folder. You can check the GP4 project file for further details about ressources from this game.

Attachments

• CUSA07202.gp4.txt
    140.2 KB · Views: 230

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please include this option, it's okay if some games don't work

1 thing at a time mate lol and i will need the firmware codes to even try it

Yes, this ".prx" file is out of "sce_module" folder. You can check the GP4 project file for further details about ressources from this game.

ok well it should now work then? i didnt see any prx files that i didnt cover so they should all be converted

Reactions: Xortes

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
think i may have found the problem... will release a test shortly also after that i will just make 2 buttons, one for full games and one for patches
Ohhh very good news maybe we can install all, update, dlc, etc and patch some games will work with full content

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohhh very good news maybe we can install all, update, dlc, etc and patch some games will work with full content
haha not 100% sure if it will work on update pkg files yet... thats not what i meant... this will give you a smaller pkg file to install and make it work backported

ALSO JUST NOTICED:
libSceNpToolkit.prx
anyone who had this file in there games this file was not coverteted correctly ffs i had NEW and OLD wrong way round

Reactions: KiiWii

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Somebody in twitter claims that he now how to port updates

Yazdgerd
@Yazdgerd8

I find a way to backport pkg Updates to 5.05 and i want to contribute it, and plz qoute it with my name if u want to share it ,there is no other way because i tested and didn't work.

@Yazdgerd8
1)firstly u should backport the game pkg with a backport app like noob_404 ez down porter,or other BP apps then u should backprt update pkg,at this moment if u copy update to your ps4 it wil replace with the main game and wont work,so u should extract update pkg with orbis pubchk

2)then edit param.sfo>ver1.00 to version of your update and gd to gp then take a copy of param file,then make gp4 with gen gp4,in gen gp4 change game_app to _ patch and"digital50"to 25 then save,then replace the copied edited param.sfo which i said with the one in sce_sys folder

3)in final step and the tricky one we should make backported update pkg which will work corectly,with orbis pubgen,so we going to orbis pubgen open gp4 file then command, project setting,patch tab,then in application package bar we select the main game pkg which is backported too

then click ok,click build,select an output path and done!... It tested with resident evil2 and update 1.04 worked properly.

Credits to @Yazdgerd8 in Twitter maybe you can try when you finish to polish the base game backport. @RiPPERD
I don't remember if someone already post this here.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody in twitter claims that he now how to port updates

Yazdgerd
@Yazdgerd8

I find a way to backport pkg Updates to 5.05 and i want to contribute it, and plz qoute it with my name if u want to share it ,there is no other way because i tested and didn't work.

@Yazdgerd8
1)firstly u should backport the game pkg with a backport app like noob_404 ez down porter,or other BP apps then u should backprt update pkg,at this moment if u copy update to your ps4 it wil replace with the main game and wont work,so u should extract update pkg with orbis pubchk

2)then edit param.sfo>ver1.00 to version of your update and gd to gp then take a copy of param file,then make gp4 with gen gp4,in gen gp4 change game_app to _ patch and"digital50"to 25 then save,then replace the copied edited param.sfo which i said with the one in sce_sys folder

3)in final step and the tricky one we should make backported update pkg which will work corectly,with orbis pubgen,so we going to orbis pubgen open gp4 file then command, project setting,patch tab,then in application package bar we select the main game pkg which is backported too

then click ok,click build,select an output path and done!... It tested with resident evil2 and update 1.04 worked properly.

Credits to @Yazdgerd8 in Twitter maybe you can try when you finish to polish the base game backport. @RiPPERD
I don't remember if someone already post this here.
I’ve been trying this exact approach for two days with no luck. Now I have had other issues during the way so it’s probably just me.

cheers mate thanks for testing and feedback.

i just tried it on the game Bully and eboot.bin moved, converted and moved back fine... not sure what the problem is

no problem keep up the great work!

Reactions: Ancor

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@RiPPERD is there any way for the app to use other drives besides C:/

It seems I have a little space for it since I just use a small SSD on my laptop

Extract in the other drive no need C: as far i know. All the files are compressed in the same file. Do not try to copy the folder there is hidden files and will no copy in the new folder.

Mobius_One

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Extract in the other drive no need C: as far i know. All the files are compressed in the same file. Do not try to copy the folder there is hidden files and will no copy in the new folder.

nope it need c drive it compiles everything in it even if I tried to use an external drive its driving me nuts since I wanna port AC7 but I cant do it since I only have a damn small ssd

Reactions: yonasz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a massive clue