Hacking PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/Backport Tool by RiPPERD - UPDATED V2.2

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah ive seen and tested it ... fuck knows how hes done that its very fast!
Looks like it’s extracting only the required eboot, sfo,sprx and prx files then making a patch file. Param.sfo will need additional edit for patch then moved out of image0 befor Gengp4 is used then brought back in after. Gengp4 also needs to be built for a patch and not app. Then build package.

Not sure about the update part though as I was never successful

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like it’s extracting only the required eboot, sfo,sprx and prx files then making a patch file. Param.sfo will need additional edit for patch then moved out of image0 befor Gengp4 is used then brought back in after. Gengp4 also needs to be built for a patch and not app. Then build package.

yeah im stuck on the gengp4 part it only makes it as a bloody full game... (digital50) i need digital25 and few other bits need changing but i cannot get the bloody thing to change

Retoucher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Can someone please test moddedwarfare's backporter with an update pkg File, please?

I've had tried a game which has included update in main pkg. It didnt work.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah im stuck on the gengp4 part it only makes it as a bloody full game... (digital50) i need digital25 and few other bits need changing but i cannot get the bloody thing to change

Maybe have a script edit the .gp4 after its built. Have it look at param for gp or gd. If gp is detected then an edited .gp4 for patch is created.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe have a script edit the .gp4 after its built. Have it look at param for gp or gd. If gp is detected then an edited .gp4 for patch is created.
tried that too it would only allow me to edit 1 part of the file as the other parts contained special characters... i think i may have a way now though so were see

Reactions: kylum

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im just banging my head against the wall now...

i will release V2.3 which should do FULL games fine now but after that i think im going to give up... there are at least 3 others who are doing this project now and will probably get further than i have... if any of these devs want to colab then ill be happy... i think i know how to get the pkg files working fine as my tool covers all the files but its the gp4 file and the folders im struggling with... im using xcopy which takes ages and i dont know nor can i find the code to use MOVE instead... i have tried but with no success and this would speed things up LOADS

Reactions: KiiWii and Ancor

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i will release V2.3 which should do FULL games fine now but after that i think im going to give up... there are at least 3 others who are doing this project now and will probably get further than i have... if any of these devs want to colab then ill be happy... i think i know how to get the pkg files working fine as my tool covers all the files but its the gp4 file and the folders im struggling with... im using xcopy which takes ages and i dont know nor can i find the code to use MOVE instead... i have tried but with no success and this would speed things up LOADS

what ever you decide we appreciate the effort!!!

Reactions: RiPPERD and Ancor

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Thanks for all your work if you decide to rest is ok you deserve it. The app currently works fine no need more updates.

Reactions: RiPPERD

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The problem with updates is that doesnt have module. I think we have to include backported modules of the base pkg or firts install backported base pkg and second the update back ported.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all your work if you decide to rest is ok you deserve it. The app currently works fine no need more updates.

thanks for this, ive not fully given up yet and im trying to colab with noob404 still as he knows some bits i dont and vice versa, ive sent him my code and hes going to look over it tomoz and we will get something sorted.

I dont like giving up on anything ever but this is taking up so much time extracting testing packing etc and then changing a bit of code and starting it again etc... mrs is doing her nut coz im in the zone too much and dont listen to her lol

Such a pity ripperd decidede to give up. :(
There is no tool that can handle update pkgs as far as I know.

ive not fully given up yet... from what users have said they have got most games working fine backorted.
this was setup for this too - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0qq7E4wHrXAq7Mk1BpKBEFfiUOEcz4Qz66mlR0Ye64/

The problem with updates is that doesnt have module. I think we have to include backported modules of the base pkg or firts install backported base pkg and second the update back ported.

ive not got any update pkg files to check.... ive not even tried to do an update pkg but i dont see why i couldnt do it if i could see whats inside it... will defo have a eboot.bin file maybe thats all that needs patching on a update file?

Last edited by RiPPERD,
Reactions: naddel81

LGuilhas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I’m unable to make this work. I’ve tried the several version and basically all downporter/backporter released in the last few days (from the full auto to the ones that involve more work) but when I install RDR2 on my ps4 close to the end of the installation it says i need to update to use the extended storage.

the game then shows with the progress bar incomplete and if i fire it it says i need to upgrade to 5.50. Old games work fine btw.

Anyone why the same prob? any suggestion on how to fix this?

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m unable to make this work. I’ve tried the several version and basically all downporter/backporter released in the last few days (from the full auto to the ones that involve more work) but when I install RDR2 on my ps4 close to the end of the installation it says i need to update to use the extended storage.

the game then shows with the progress bar incomplete and if i fire it it says i need to upgrade to 5.50. Old games work fine btw.

Anyone why the same prob? any suggestion on how to fix this?
you need to use HEN 2.1.4 mate

Reactions: naddel81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer