PS4 Remote Play On Xperia Smartphones

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems a bit odd this. Considering they are now advertising the Vita mostly based on its remote play abilities, this cant do anything good for the Vita surely?

What next, Playstation Now coming to PS3, stream PS4 games to it, you wont actually ever have to buy a PS4...

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems a bit odd this. Considering they are now advertising the Vita mostly based on its remote play abilities, this cant do anything good for the Vita surely?

What next, Playstation Now coming to PS3, stream PS4 games to it, you wont actually ever have to buy a PS4...

Remote Play is different, you need the hardware in order to stream the game to the vita so you would need a ps4 to stream to the Ps3.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who in their right mind is gonna enjoy playing Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 on a Display that small?

Nice try $orny but No Dice
Near-sighted people that can focus on detail up close likely would... 4K displays are sharp even on 5.5inch screens. I appreciate gaming on my handhelds+mobile more than I appretiate them on my 55-inch That. Never. Gets. Used. Ever.

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if this remote play feature was ported to other android devices. Sony claims for it to be exclusive for the Z3 line of phones and tablets, but anything is possible in the world of android OS. :)

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's like Sony's trying to make people forget Vita even exists.

Playing my PSP anything emulator on my Samsung galaxy III is already hard enough so I don't see this feature going anywhere.
The PS Vita still have the advantage of using real responsive buttons while being better shaped for hands.
Unless you are using a gaming smartphone with real buttons I don't see how this is going to replace Vita.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing my PSP anything emulator on my Samsung galaxy III is already hard enough so I don't see this feature going anywhere.
The PS Vita still have the advantage of using real responsive buttons while being better shaped for hands.
Unless you are using a gaming smartphone with real buttons I don't see how this is going to replace Vita.

Being able to use a Ps4 controller on one of these phones or tablets is a big advantage over the Vitas controls, if you have a ps4 you most likely have a controller that can connect to the phone and enjoying remote-play with out the need to buy a PsVita.
Of course assuming that Sony will release their remote-play features to other Android devices.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This won't replace the vita. Remote play was a cool exclusive feature for the ps vita, but it's all about the exclusive ps vita games.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Being able to use a Ps4 controller on one of these phones or tablets is a big advantage over the Vitas controls, if you have a ps4 you most likely have a controller that can connect to the phone and enjoying remote-play with out the need to buy a PsVita.
Of course assuming that Sony will release their remote-play features to other Android devices.

unless they release something to attach the phone/tablet to the controller I still don't see this going anywhere.
It would be like breaking your DS and using the bottom half in your hand while staring at the top screen that lies on the ground.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless they release something to attach the phone/tablet to the controller I still don't see this going anywhere.
It would be like breaking your DS and using the bottom half in your hand while staring at the top screen that lies on the ground.

True, very true. Unless they have an attachment I don't see how it could replace the Vita's comfort but like I said assuming this could work with other devices it would mean a big deal because all you would need is a attachment for your already bought phone/tablet. One great device would be the Nvidia shield since it has a controller and a screen attachment together.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

True, very true. Unless they have an attachment I don't see how it could replace the Vita's comfort but like I said assuming this could work with other devices it would mean a big deal because all you would need is a attachment for your already bought phone/tablet. One great device would be the Nvidia shield since it has a controller and a screen attachment together.
Looks like you sillys only skimmed the thread, they're already releasing a dedicated mount
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/game-control-mount-gcm10/

Reactions: CathyRina

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why are people surprised and assume that this is Sony burying the Vita when this is something they literally announced along with the PS4? Sony manufactures more than just consoles, they also make phones and this is an effort to make said phones desirable for gamers. A common infrastructure attracts customers and once they're in it, chances that they will buy more than one device increase substantialy. A PS4 owner is now likely to also purchase a PSVita or an Xperia tablet or phone to go with it - not rocket science.

Reactions: CathyRina

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The whole point is to use the DS4, not touchscreen controls. ;) If you have a PS4 to stream with, you already have a controller too. ;)

I know (or rather: I knew when making that post...sorry I'm late to reply). What I do NOT have is a third arm to hold the phone at eye level while my other hands are using the controller. That's also why I noted the use of a stand on tablets: so your screen doesn't just tumble over when you accidentally sneezes.

EDIT: nevermind. missed stuff. :(

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know (or rather: I knew when making that post...sorry I'm late to reply). What I do NOT have is a third arm to hold the phone at eye level while my other hands are using the controller. That's also why I noted the use of a stand on tablets: so your screen doesn't just tumble over when you accidentally sneezes.

have you missed Chavosaurs post or something?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
have you missed Chavosaurs post or something?

Erm...I guess there is no way to say "yes, indeed" without looking stupid, right? :shy:

(what's worse is that it's practically the third time in roughly a week that I'm unintentionally missing things Chavosaur said. chavosaur: it's not on purpose, mate. I swear... :( )

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...What the hell, Sony. You treat the Vita as nothing more than a glorified PS4 accessory, and now you don't even let it have that. Congratulations, the Vita will probably be the handheld with the shortest lifespan and probably the shortest-lived console in general if it beats out the Dreamcast.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game control mount is pretty cool, I'd get one if the price is reasonable enough, which it probably won't be. Same goes for that tablet, I'd probably just buy a G Pad 8.3 since the prices are probably going to drop considerably within the coming weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up