Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 278,584
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's means it's hung, which it can do if something isn't correct like missing the flsh.hex or the USB drive isn't detected to prevent a brick. It can also happen randomly. Just hold the power button until it powers down and retry. Be sure your usb device shows up in videos, music, etc before trying the exploit

Thanks. Kinda disappointing, since I read the instructions thoroughly. USB is FAT 32, rightmost USB port, detected by the XMB, hex file is on root of USB, and the hex file has the correct MD5...

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Kinda disappointing, since I read the instructions thoroughly. USB is FAT 32, rightmost USB port, detected by the XMB, hex file is on root of USB, and the hex file has the correct MD5...
Could have just been a fluke then. Retry and it will probably work. Mine hung the first time too even after doing everything right.

Reactions: godstriker8

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone tell me the difference between multiMan and webMan?
If I understand correctly multiman loads game backups, and webman is an interface to load those game backup in xmb without opening the multiman app.
I believe you need multiman for webman to work. Could be wrong still new to ps3's scene

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Panzer_Baboon

hexcode99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand correctly multiman loads game backups, and webman is an interface to load those game backup in xmb without opening the multiman app.
I believe you need multiman for webman to work. Could be wrong still new to ps3's scene

Thanks, I am new to this too. I was able to get multiman to install, but having trouble with webman. Not sure if I downloaded the webman update file or the full installation. It doesn't show up on the XMB. Also, not sure if I should hold L1 or X during install.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, I am new to this too. I was able to get multiman to install, but having trouble with webman. Not sure if I downloaded the webman update file or the full installation. It doesn't show up on the XMB. Also, not sure if I should hold L1 or X during install.

I'd recommend using sman. There is no installer, you ftp it and a boot_plugins.txt onto the root of your hdd0. I normally enable the ftp server in movian to do this as I always install that anyway.

hexcode99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get webman installed and started ripping a few PS3 games to the hdd using multiman.
Only thing that was odd that the multiman icon text on the XMB changed from multiman to mmc3? Can I change it back?

Last edited by hexcode99,
D

Deleted User

OP
This is NOT a general support thread. Please make a new thread.... this thread is for ps3xploit only...

D

Deleted User

OP
My site has been updated with a new nor dumper that drew and his team put out last night. It should work on all 4.xx consoles now

Reactions: Ace001

bvzxa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can dump the hex file all day but no matter what happens when I try to patch the nand it hangs.
I have a 20 GB Launch PS3 upgraded to a 250GB HD. I know the port works because it dumps the hex file. But no matter what it will not patch the system. I have done this so many ways. I have formatted just about every USB stick I have. I even formatted my old 512 MB flash drive still wont work. If I can find my old PS3 HD I might use that. Should I delete dtat off my HD...I have been up for 2 days trying this.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just installed this tonight. on the unofficial rebug and QA is toggle (debug settings show below network settings) but whenever i launch any application the ps3 black screens and hangs.

any ideas why? i tried installing rebug 4.81.2 REX but it failed saying corrupted data.

updated to ferrox 4.82 but still nothing :(

Last edited by VashTS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4