My 2014 PS3 hacking guide/FAQ revised for 2020

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Magsor, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Magsor
    OP

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    This is based of my original post which got 2 likes over 100000 view...

About my ps3 hacking

I have been out of the game for quite a while very busy with life and my PS3 got thrown out. So I went out and bought a PS4 and never looked back buying my games. Thank you SONY for the PS4 that I will enjoy for many many years!!
    About a year ago I went online and bought one for 50$ with a fishy controller. So It made me want to come back and share more of what I know about PS3 as It can become very confusing in the internet.
    PS3 has an enormous library of quality titles that I am eager to play. There are a lot of titles in local libraries over here in canada.

Do I want a hacked PS3?

Duh!! PS3 are dirt cheap now and readily collecting dust everywhere. They have sold 86.9 million. What was hard to come by is some good ol good condition ps3 controllers but worry not because you can use PS4's excellent controllers. The only thing is that you need a controller to set it up because ps button do not work on DS4 but china or your local computer store can provide you with a cheap usb or knockoff alternative. For a collector like me, a ps3 is a no brainer.

Is my PS3 hackable?

Yes, YES! some with cfw and some with hen. Even if the Blueray drive is out!!

In sums what does a PS3 with CFW can do?

You can play/rip PS1/PS2/PS3/Blu-RAY/DVD with HDMI!!. PS2 is much better now it's a reason to get a ps3 on its own. There's also some PSP games going on(I will have to look into that).

Run linux PowerPC builds. Not recommended because performances are slow.
    Run emulators/homebrew. There is a lot better systems for homebrew/emulation since ps3 runs on PowerPC but we have seen a revival of the scene lately.

Not specifically for CFW but on latest FW you can transfer your PS VITA psp games from chovi sign so its a easy way to store them if you have limited space on vita. You can also remote play ps3 most iso games from it so it's a good match.

Netflix/Redbull TV/spotify... we are online boys.
    Install pkg and run them from XMB.

Can I go Online with CFW?

Yes, yes an yes! Since we are on latest firmware with CFW and it gets updated fast if SONY releases a new one.

You can use the playstation store. download a demo and then unlock the full game with a little file unlocking (you can i can't ) The method is out there just not publicly released....

The main rule here I think is dont use homebrew online. Webman is fine its not technically a homebrew rather a mod for the xmb.
    but you still can still use it online Here is how.

1.Spoof gameID. Use homebrew steatily. I will provide files later and the way to make them.

2.Enter a wrong DNS in Internet settings. Just change 1 number. If you want to be offline the internet but still use your home network and ftp.

Which CFW is best/safest?

Late CFW are usually tested before release so no worries here as long as you can follow instructions. It has become safe and noob proof.
    Always update from XMB and not from recovery, that way a bad usb/update file will not go through.

It is recommended to check MD5 checksum on your flash drive before you install a .pup to make sure the file you are installing is not corrupted. Signature verification on CFW is disabled so you could (if you are unlucky) end up with a bad flash. but I don't I like to live my life dangerously.

What CFW do you recommend?

I recommend Ferrox or Rebug's latest cobra cfw for the use of webman but we will use ps3exploit hfw to get there. Its is recommended you install it twice before doing exploit.

Where do I start?
    have some read around these pages.
    https://github.com/PS3Xploit/flash-writer/blob/master/README.md
    http://ps3xploit.com/help/faq.html
    basically use a web exploit to patch a file. This exploit was originally for OFW 4.82 but they replicated it in HFW 4.85. It does not look as Its gonna be fixed soon.

Install HFW twice.

Install Exploit with website.

Install Ferrox CFW

Install webman and modman stealth.

Run modman stealth to copy your games either by FTP or USB. If you use FTP it is recommended you go wired because PS3 uses the old wireless G protocol.

PLAY

It is recommended you also switch hard drive for bigger even a SSD in 2020 they are cheaper than they were and it will improve you loading speeds.
    It is really easy to do so.

What now? Many things here. You can install games.Mod a bunch. Lot of tutorials out on this website...
    I will update this thread as I find the files. Good evening!

Last edited by Magsor, Nov 21, 2019
    KiiWii likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted