Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:
I don't see why people fight over who's got the best console
everyone needs to know you can have both..
Considering that the PS3 and the 360 share quite a bit of games, there's little to no reason to have both. PS3 has a wider variety with its exclusives, but 360 has more games that appeal to western teenagers I suppose. Whatever floats your boat.

If you have a good PC though, then there's even less reasons to own a 360. You can play majority of the games the 360 has but without the paying-for-online part. Stream is fantastic too.

ap831

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Personally I don't see why people would switch, there's little to choose between the consoles. I imagine it's just the current fashion trend.

Yeah I don't think so. In the USA Xbox 360 has pulled ahead of PS3 months ago and the sales gap only gets wider every month. Actually come to think of it X360 is ahead in almost every market except Japan but that's because they hate America products.

It took two years for Ps3 to reduce 360s lead from 5 million to 3. Sony aint catchin up any time soon not with the Holidays coming.

I just don't see the value of Ps3. I alreaedy have a great bluray player, I hate installing games, and multiconsole games look like crap on Ps3. They also shoulda redesigned the dual suck a long time ago. D-Pad and analog stick on that controller completely rot. PSN online might be free but it sucks so I guess you get what you pay for right? Exclusives on Ps3 are disappointing. Don't care about Metal Gear movies, don't care about Final Fantasy, Dude Raider was stupid, and Killzone is just awful. What else is there really? Gran Turismo? Well its sure been fun waiting years and years for that game to come out. Sony messed up royally this generation and their console is the worst system out there.

I'm just not feeling this Ps3 thing. There's a reason its behind in sales. I'm glad sony move failed too. They deserve to fail after blatently stealing Ninty's idea.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ap831 said:
tk_saturn said:
Personally I don't see why people would switch, there's little to choose between the consoles. I imagine it's just the current fashion trend.

Yeah I don't think so. In the USA Xbox 360 has pulled ahead of PS3 months ago and the sales gap only gets wider every month. Actually come to think of it X360 is ahead in almost every market except Japan but that's because they hate America products.

It took two years for Ps3 to reduce 360s lead from 5 million to 3. Sony aint catchin up any time soon not with the Holidays coming.

I just don't see the value of Ps3. I alreaedy have a great bluray player, I hate installing games, and multiconsole games look like crap on Ps3. They also shoulda redesigned the dual suck a long time ago. D-Pad and analog stick on that controller completely rot. PSN online might be free but it sucks so I guess you get what you pay for right? Exclusives on Ps3 are disappointing. Don't care about Metal Gear movies, don't care about Final Fantasy, Dude Raider was stupid, and Killzone is just awful. What else is there really? Gran Turismo? Well its sure been fun waiting years and years for that game to come out. Sony messed up royally this generation and their console is the worst system out there.

I'm just not feeling this Ps3 thing. There's a reason its behind in sales. I'm glad sony move failed too. They deserve to fail after blatently stealing Ninty's idea.
You sound like a 360 fanboy, a big one at that. I prefer Dualshock controllers way more then the 360's controllers. Online service is good on the PS3 despite what some people may say. Exclusives are good one the PS3, I guess you just suck at them. Considering 360 had a year head start, a 3 million price gap is not that big. Krapnect and move probably aren't going to make a big difference in sales, so I assume Sony will eventually catch up.

ap831

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
ap831 said:
tk_saturn said:

You sound like a 360 fanboy, a big one at that. I prefer Dualshock controllers way more then the 360's controllers. Online service is good on the PS3 despite what some people may say. Exclusives are good one the PS3, I guess you just suck at them. Considering 360 had a year head start, a 3 million price gap is not that big. Krapnect and move probably aren't going to make a big difference in sales, so I assume Sony will eventually catch up.

You sound like a Sony fanboy, a big one at that. You are just making excuses for the Ps3 shortcomings. PS2 rocked and PS3 sucks.

I prefer superior controllers with analog stick in the right spot, like X360, GameCube Controller, Saturn 3D pad, Dreamcast controller. D-Pad on 360 and PS3 controllers both suck but Ps3 D-pad is worse. Online service is a joke and you know it.

Ps3 Updates take forever to download and isntall. Installing games is terrible. Move sucks ass and "Krapnct" will sell a lot more. Sony will never catch up. It took them two years just to close the game from 5 to 3 million. Sony aint never going to catch up with the holidays.

sorry to break it to you

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ap831 said:
Yeah I don't think so. In the USA Xbox 360 has pulled ahead of PS3 months ago and the sales gap only gets wider every month. Actually come to think of it X360 is ahead in almost every market except Japan but that's because they hate America products. It took two years for Ps3 to reduce 360s lead from 5 million to 3. Sony aint catchin up any time soon not with the Holidays coming.
Actually, if you look at sales statistics around the globe, it appears that only in USA does the Xbox 360 have a significant lead. Europe has pretty much a 1-1 ratio for PS3 to Xbox 360 sales, and we all know the case in Japan. In Taiwan and other Asian countries, the Xbox 360 isn't doing as bad, but people do heavily prefer the PS3 because it does have more value for their money now with the equal price of the console. It also took one year for Microsoft to gain the early lead. Add another year to Sony, and you're seeing that Microsoft would technically only have a

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ap831 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
ap831 said:
tk_saturn said:

You sound like a Sony fanboy, a big one at that. You are just making excuses for the Ps3 shortcomings. PS2 rocked and PS3 sucks.

I prefer superior controllers with analog stick in the right spot, like X360, GameCube Controller, Saturn 3D pad, Dreamcast controller. D-Pad on 360 and PS3 controllers both suck but Ps3 D-pad is worse. Online service is a joke and you know it.

Ps3 Updates take forever to download and isntall. Installing games is terrible. Move sucks ass and "Krapnct" will sell a lot more. Sony will never catch up. It took them two years just to close the game from 5 to 3 million. Sony aint never going to catch up with the holidays.

sorry to break it to you
I hate the position of the analogues on the 360 controllers, it's playable, but uncomfortable. Whereas Dusalshock controllers, I have no problems. And 360 controllers have the worst D-Pad. Even my friends who own 360's (No ps3) agree with that. PS3 updates take 30 minutes tops to download for me, installing takes 3-10 minutes. Move and kinect both suck, face it. I doubt you've even played on a ps3 extensively let alone actually own one.

ap831

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Actually, if you look at sales statistics around the globe...

They still favor 360. Don't be insecure. You're inventing numbers just to calm your own fears.

CarbonX13 said:
As far as I'm concerned, most multi-platform titles look identical on the Xbox 360 and PS3

Pretty much every multiconsole comparisson review proves you wrong. You must be blind. I don't play inferior versions.

QUOTE(CarbonX13 @ Nov 2 2010, 06:50 PM)
They also should redesign that god awful D-Pad on the Xbox 360. You can't even use the damn thing without issues. /fanboy comment

Nintendo didn't invent motion controls.

They just did redesign the X360 dpad.

You seemed to have missed the part where I said the original 360 dpad sucks too. You're an obvious fanboy

Sony is so sleazy. Yeah Ninty didn't invent motion controls but Sony's timing proves they just steal shit from the better companies.

Six Axis fails? Lets just rip off Ninty directly

sony is a joke this gen.

ap831

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
ap831 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
ap831 said:
tk_saturn said:

sorry to break it to you
I hate the position of the analogues on the 360 controllers, it's playable, but uncomfortable. Whereas Dusalshock controllers, I have no problems. And 360 controllers have the worst D-Pad. Even my friends who own 360's (No ps3) agree with that. PS3 updates take 30 minutes tops to download for me, installing takes 3-10 minutes. Move and kinect both suck, face it. I doubt you've even played on a ps3 extensively let alone actually own one.

Off center analog sticks are imprecise and they hurt your hands more than proper controllers with the analog in the right place.

Its a good thing they made that new 360 dpad, that was the controllers big problem. Now its fixed and Ps3 dpad still sucks.

Move sucks way more simply cause its a rip off of wii

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ap831 said:
They still favor 360. Don't be insecure. You're inventing numbers just to calm your own fears.
Stats don't lie. Take a look at the hardware charts of European and non-Japanese Asian regions, and you'll notice that the PS3 is either 1-1 with the Xbox 360 or a million or so ahead. The sad truth is, the Xbox 360 only has a lead in the United States. Sorry bro.

QUOTE said:
Pretty much every multiconsole comparisson review proves you wrong. You must be blind. I don't play inferior versions.
Show me an example that proves that a PS3 version would be so inferior that I would notice the difference when it's alone.

QUOTE said:
They just did redesign the X360 dpad.
They also didn't make it a new standard. The new controller is sold in a bundle of some sorts for a heftier price. It does not replace the original line of controllers. They're going to continue to manufacture and distribute the standard Xbox 360.

QUOTEYou're an obvious fanboy
And you my friend are an ignorant fanboy at that.

Sony is so sleazy. Yeah Ninty didn't invent motion controls but Sony's timing proves they just steal shit from the better companies.

Six Axis fails? Lets just rip off Ninty directly

sony is a joke this gen.
Human nature sucks my friend. That's what people do.

I'll just leave it at that.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's generally aggreed that apart from the D-Pad, the X360 pad is far better. It's not surprising really, after all they did copy the Dreamcast JoyPad.

Which is better depends what on you prefer to use, D-Pad or Analogue. To me on the PSx/2/3 controller the D-Pad has always been the primary and the analogue secondary, it's the reverse on the X360's controller. Having used the PSX/PS2 dualshock the Dreamcast controller was breath of fresh air, and i'm glad MS copied it instead of sticking with the original very poor XBOX controller.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
Nintendo didn't invent motion controls. They came up with that idea for video games, and it paid off this generation.

They've tried it a few times starting with the NES. But TBH motion controls are a bit of a fad and I'm not sure I can really see them going anywhere in the long run. By far the greatest and most overlooked feature of the WiiMote is the IR pointer.

But when it comes to controls Ninty are the daddy. The joypad, d-pad, start and select buttons, shoulder buttons, dual direction controllers (Albeit digital and on the Virtual Boy), trigger buttons, and probably more little things I can't think of. And I think analogue thumbsticks where a Ninty first. The 360 controller might have a slightly better layout than the Dual Shock 3 but there's a reason they are both basically SNES pads with 3 more buttons and 2 analogue sticks stuck on.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
tk_saturn said:
It's generally aggreed that apart from the D-Pad, the X360 pad is far better. It's not surprising really, after all they did copy the Dreamcast JoyPad.

Which is better depends what on you prefer to use, D-Pad or Analogue. To me on the PSx/2/3 controller the D-Pad has always been the primary and the analogue secondary, it's the reverse on the X360's controller.
Indeed. Better design choices I guess, and the fact that the analog stick positioning is less awkward on the thumbs for the Xbox 360 controller in comparison to the DualShock line.

ap831

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
ap831 said:
Stats don't lie. Take a look at the hardware charts VCHARTZ...

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

He actually thinks vgchartz sales are legit. That's hillarious little dude.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
Indeed. Better design choices I guess, and the fact that the analog stick positioning is less awkward on the thumbs for the Xbox 360 controller in comparison to the DualShock line.
It was a long time ago, but if I recall the original PSX pad didn't have the analogue sticks, and they then got bolted on. That's probably why they feel 'in the way'.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ap831 said:
CarbonX13 said:
ap831 said:
Stats don't lie. Take a look at the hardware charts VCHARTZ...

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

He actually thinks vgchartz sales are legit. That's hillarious little dude.
How about, instead of just saying his facts are wrong, you actually prove it. Or is it that you can't? As far as I'm concerned, he's got some form of proof, and you don't.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
ap831 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
ap831 said:
tk_saturn said:

sorry to break it to you
Microsoft and Sony both did it wrong with where they put the analog sticks. The Gamecube controller is still the perfectly designed controller in my mind. And Kinect won't sell at all, the games for it at release are garbage and nothing more then the shovelware shit that Wii owners have had to put up with the last few years. Move was the same damn way and if you think that was a failure, Kinect will flunk just as badly even with having higher console sales. Yay for a 150 dollar camera that Microsoft can use to spy on us and yay for a controller that looks like a dildo, they both suck ass, not that the Wii is a ton better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also j cole was right to step out of the diss battle imo, he dodged a bullet with that one