• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 8,799
  • Replies 88
D

Deleted_171835

OP

I gone through a funny theory, I won't publish any details tho:

1) The bans are based on the users’ account and console ID’s.
2) We can modify all traffic sent and received by the PlayStation3

What if some kiddies start to modify their sent traffic to appear as another user and use backups?

The PSN servers would recognize the TOS violation and check the online user database for known connections based on the ID’s. The user and his consoles who really owns the ID’s would be banned.

Even a simple Windows application which goes through ALL ID’s may be possible. 24 hours and any console worldwide would be banned.

This should definitely be double-checked by SONY.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Sony is screwed, now.

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had a ps3, I'd probably do this just to force Sony to stfu and start being reasonable about their policies.
Piracy is bad, but playing backups of games you own should be allowed. It would be nice if they would get ahead of this issue and publish a tool set that allows for the registry of backups to avoid piracy but permit registered fair use.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we all know that 95% of all "backups" usually end up in a friends game console.

also, bet you 500$ that everyone would still find a "good reason" to backup games which they arent supposed to do, when sony gave you a 10 year replacement guarantee for broken/scratched games

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Clydefrosch said:
we all know that 95% of all "backups" usually end up in a friends game console.

also, bet you 500$ that everyone would still find a "good reason" to backup games which they arent allowed to do, when sony gave you a 10 year replacement guarantee for broken/scratched games

Yeah you are, you're allowed to back up your legally purchased games.

Also, how the hell are you guys able to type anything other than: "LOL!"?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, just got round to reading the Call of Privacy thing. A bit ridiculous that Sony send credit cards details etc. unsecured. Unless I'm much mistaken, that means anyone using one of those DNS update bypass things (or who has used one) could potentially have had all their credit card details sniffed, as well as console ID and PSN credentials. And I'm gonna assume it wouldn't be too hard to setup a proxy or something to change the console ID and PSN credentials sent by your PS3, to get online back on if you're banned.

Also, seeing as what you run etc. is sent over the same connection I assume, could it be modified to remove the homebrew entries?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me ask you something:

Do you guys know your own PS3 Id?

Do you guys REALLY THINK they can get the ID's of other people (who never used CFW or DSN tricks)??

Please, stop saying Sony sends the information unsecured, THAT'S NOT TRUE! READ THE DAMN pdf, it's like this ONLY WITH MODIFIED CONSOLES, they CAN make a CFW which can make these data readable. IF you don't use CFW, you don't have NOTHING to get upset by this. They use SSL, it's as secure as buying from a virtual store like Amazon or Ebay.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:

Do you guys REALLY THINK they can get the ID's of other people (who never used CFW or DSN tricks)??

Please, stop saying Sony sends the information unsecured, THAT'S NOT TRUE! READ THE DAMN pdf, it's like this ONLY WITH MODIFIED CONSOLES, they CAN make a CFW which can make these data readable. IF you don't use CFW, you don't have NOTHING to get upset by this. They use SSL, it's as secure as buying from a virtual store like Amazon or Ebay.
The fact that it is relatively unsecured is worrying enough. Someone with malicious intent could easily sniff my info. Not only is this proven, but it could also cripple the HB scene if there is a lot of CFWs that are legit, but just a few that provide the same services with malicious intent. That would be the way people would get the info to Spoof.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Argentum Vir said:
Maedhros said:

The fact that it is relatively unsecured is worrying enough. Someone with malicious intent could easily sniff my info. Not only is this proven, but it could also cripple the HB scene if there is a lot of CFWs that are legit, but just a few that provide the same services with malicious intent. That would be the way people would get the info to Spoof.
No, they couldn't sniff your info, unless you let them modify your console. The only ones who can do malicious things with your console without CFW are Sony themselves.
Stop using Google man, they know everything about you too. =)

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
No, they couldn't sniff your info, unless you let them modify your console. The only ones who can do malicious things with your console without CFW are Sony themselves.
So you think the only way to access data through your network is through a hacked PS3? Wow. All it takes is someone bugging your network. Since the stuff is relatively unsecured, it easily decrypted and used by someone else.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Argentum Vir said:
Maedhros said:
So you think the only way to access data through your network is through a hacked PS3? Wow. All it takes is someone bugging your network. Since the stuff is relatively unsecured, it easily decrypted and used by someone else.
LOL, study SSL and answer that again. Do you really think it's easy do break a encryption? The info being sended on PSN is encrypted, it's not something you can open on the notepad.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
LOL, study SSL and answer that again. Do you really think it's easy do break a encryption? The info being sended on PSN is encrypted, it's not something you can open on the notepad.
Man, who do you think I am? Notepad, that rarely ever works. Lol, go back and read the article, the hackers were apparently able to decrypt the info with relative ease. Its easy to break an encryption if it isn't implemented properly. Z.Z I don't have the knowledge, but the tools and info is out there for anyone that does and wants to cause mayhem.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol.

why are these PS3 "hacking" people such saw loosers.

so much for your PS3/X "scene" - really all i wanted was a backup loader of course for me PS3 *wink* *wink* /sarcasm

- seriously the way the "hacking" of the PS3 came about just caused shit like this to happen, quite sad, imagine if some of the people that were really into DS homebrew and the kind of things they could do with the PS3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: esp if there's no time limits, gosh! Cum on already! +1