Hardware PS3 fans are starting to scare me...

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So today I plugged in my ps3 fat into my living room (I put it horizontally) and I started playing Sonic CD a bit...

Then I turned off the thing to take my dog for a walk. After that, I turned it on again and inserted the disc for Minecraft.

After 5 minutes of gameplay the ps3 fans went CRAZY

then I turned it off and on and at the startup, the fans were still crazy!!!

I have the fan control to syscon

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The PS3 still has many fans that are 24/7 crazy. Shutting down the PS3 sadly won't help.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had this issue too with the old model of the PS3. Maybe you should get it cleaned? They are pretty old models, so it could be a sign of their age as well.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like it overheating pretty common unfortunately my Original Phat 60GB PS2 died because it liked to be a Bast***.

I had x4 mini USB Fans blowing through front intake with System Fan running 100%.

A Nyko InterCooler which was roughly 80mm Fan Exaust via top and x4 mini Fans exausting via the back and I even had them full blast.

CPU and GPU had Arctic Cooler MX4 applied and overall damn thing still kept climbing in temperature CPU was main culprit thank god for the exploits we have today PS3 Slim and Super Slim and other Phats now too replacing them is no longer a problem unlike 360s.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I failed removing the HS and damaged damn dye so PS3 had to die:nayps3:
That was the last straw for me ironically I had a Jasper JTag that RROD despite having Fan Mods just something I seem to go through before hand damn irony.

@JimPlayz912 You may have time to prevent disaster things do sound like your heading for YLOD.

My PS3 at that time did YLOD and I revived it with HeatGun which probably did not help my HS removal.

Last edited by CORE,

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not only I have this little problem for a while now, it's also summer, and we have no air conditioner in the living room (not gonna help anyway) and the place starts heating up fast!

...hey, look at the bright side... nintendo E3 starts in 5 hours!

...bet they're gonna release a carboard microphone for voice chat for 90$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: