Switch won't turn on after turning it off and removing SD card to install games

delta6657

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My switch won't turn on after turning it off to install some games. I was using it normally, then shut it down from the Power options menu you get after holding the power button, then removed the SD.
After I was done moving the game files to my SD card, I inserted the SD card back into the switch. I tried putting it on RCM mode with the jig on place, pressed the power button and the + button at the same time as always, but TegraRCMUI won't detect the switch.

I have tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds, then let go of it, then pressing it again to no avail.

I have tried plugin it back to the computer with TegraRCM running but it still won't detect it.

In my desperation, I removed the back cover and disconnected the battery for 5 minutes, nothing seemed burnt or corroded, then attempted to turn it back on but it still refuses to turn on or to show anything on screen, neither the fan or the backlight turn on.

Right now it is plugged in to the wall using the OG charging cable (only cable I use to charge the switch) and it still shows no life signs. Even though it had about 70% battery before I turned it off.
I heard this issue could be related to AutoRCM being enabled, but I don't remember enabling it manually.

Any options? I am on firmware 16.1.0, latest Atmosphere, latest Hekate, latest sigpatches (I recently downgraded from 17.0.0 after accidentaly updating).
Please help me

delta6657

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you, force some reason it was stuck in RCM mode but my Tegra wasn't detecting it.
Here's what I did in case someone finds this post and is experiencing the same issue like I was.
Press the power button for 30 seconds, then let go off it
Open TegraRCMUI on your computer, make sure that the hekate payload is selected.
With the jig inserted into the Switch, connect your Switch to the computer, without pressing any buttons
After you plug it in, press the + button then the power button and the "RCM device detected" should be shown on the TegraRCMUI
After that, just reboot into your sysMMC or emuMMC and you should be good!
Thanks, and good luck.

JackBreacher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, force some reason it was stuck in RCM mode but my Tegra wasn't detecting it.
Here's what I did in case someone finds this post and is experiencing the same issue like I was.
Press the power button for 30 seconds, then let go off it
Open TegraRCMUI on your computer, make sure that the hekate payload is selected.
With the jig inserted into the Switch, connect your Switch to the computer, without pressing any buttons
After you plug it in, press the + button then the power button and the "RCM device detected" should be shown on the TegraRCMUI
After that, just reboot into your sysMMC or emuMMC and you should be good!
Thanks, and good luck.
Thank you.🙏 This actually worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?