Hacking Hardware Switch randomly died, won't turn on or boot into recovery mode despite new battery

Vigilant_Veggie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I was working on my V1 switch recently, and was reformatting the SD card due to the load times getting extremely slow. Having been through the process of upgrading the SD card before, I knew that I would have to repartition the SD and recreate the emmuMMC. So that's what I did. I made a dump of the emmuMMC, and then restored it right after. Afterwards, I was getting the SD card ready to go back into the switch, and then I noticed my switch wouldn't turn on at all. Not only that, but it wouldn't boot into recovery mode either. This is with the battery charged near 100% as well. I figured that the most likely reason was that the battery, which was the factory original, had failed and that I needed to replace it. So that's what I did last night: I replaced it with a brand new battery from iFixit. This still didn't fix the issue unfortunately, and the switch still won't turn on or boot into recovery mode.

Has anyone had a similar experience? And if so, what was the culprit? I'm thinking that maybe the EMMC has failed, but I can't say for certain. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but that did nothing. I don't have a multimeter or the technical know-how to properly diagnose the issue, but maybe this will push me to learn haha. I've been wanting to further my repair skills, but this is undeniably out of my wheelhouse. Any advice? Thanks guys
Post automatically merged:

In case anyone sees this, I saw this recent post and was able to get back into hekate:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...and-removing-sd-card-to-install-games.641933/

I then realized that I accidentally restored the emmuMMC to the EMMC a week or so ago when this problem began, and I probably just need to perform a proper restore with my sysMMC back up. AKA Im an idiot, I'll update this post if that works for me and fixes my issue.

Last edited by Vigilant_Veggie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y