Does the modification make the ps4 9.00 turn off by itself?

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
today I made the change
I set the fan I put 40°C
loaded the game
then I put 60°C so I wouldn't hear the annoying fan noise and started playing the game
after a while I put 61°C and continued like that
a little bit of play and a little increase in fan speed
as soon as the fan was at 40°C I lowered I put 79°C for 3 minutes and then 60°C and again went up
I put the ps4 in standby I turned it on and I was at the orbis and it turned itself off
ah while i was playing the ps4 was installing god of war ragnarok

Saysotellmewassup218

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi HorizonOD u have to update your firmware and install and then for ps4
and it will works again your new update firmware ps4 is ok and it wont shut
itself ok

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is not how you normally would shut off a PS4, from what your post says you are forcing it to shut down which is bad.
after the ps4 finished installing god of warragnarok i exited the game control
god of war ragnarok doesn't start I understood correctly to make it start I have to install update 9.00
then i was in the orbis i put the ps4 on standby to make it cool down more
then i pressed ps and when it loaded the orbis after a second it shut down
where did I go wrong? why did she turn off by herself? it was only 3 minutes i put 79°C into the exploit and went back to the game and then put 60°C
for me it is right

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after the ps4 finished installing god of warragnarok i exited the game control
god of war ragnarok doesn't start I understood correctly to make it start I have to install update 9.00
then i was in the orbis i put the ps4 on standby to make it cool down more
then i pressed ps and when it loaded the orbis after a second it shut down
where did I go wrong? why did she turn off by herself? it was only 3 minutes i put 79°C into the exploit and went back to the game and then put 60°C
for me it is right

Well it is probably because you don't have it properly cool in the first place, that why it is shutting down on it own.

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well it is probably because you don't have it properly cool in the first place, that why it is shutting down on it own.
then I do this
I load the game at 40°C
then I put 60°C and I start playing the game
after a while I put 57°C and after a while 54°C and continue like that until 40°C.
Is this right?
rightly so?

Last edited by Horizon0D,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I think you'd get a notification if the system was too hot. I think the ps3 does at least. one thing I will say is that ever since we had the option to see temperatures from inside the console, people have become paranoid about it. I mean a computer is likely to be similar in terms of heat, especially if you push it too hard.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I play games on my laptop the cpu sometimes reaches 90C(I really need to get another cooling pad since I gave my last one away). Still works fine. If there's a heat problem as other posters have said it will warn you or abruptly turn itself off. Putting the system in standby when it's hot probably isn't a good idea since the fan doesn't run fast enough for sufficient cooling. Maybe it's changed since I've last owned a ps4 but still not a good idea to put into standby until it's actually cooled down.

Reactions: godreborn

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you get any overheating warning from the system?
no
Post automatically merged:

yeah, I think you'd get a notification if the system was too hot. I think the ps3 does at least. one thing I will say is that ever since we had the option to see temperatures from inside the console, people have become paranoid about it. I mean a computer is likely to be similar in terms of heat, especially if you push it too hard.
I have not received the notification
Post automatically merged:

When I play games on my laptop the cpu sometimes reaches 90C(I really need to get another cooling pad since I gave my last one away). Still works fine. If there's a heat problem as other posters have said it will warn you or abruptly turn itself off. Putting the system in standby when it's hot probably isn't a good idea since the fan doesn't run fast enough for sufficient cooling. Maybe it's changed since I've last owned a ps4 but still not a good idea to put into standby until it's actually cooled down.
if the ps4 is hot i don't put it in stanby
when it is at 40°C I put it on standby and when I come back I find it cold

Last edited by Horizon0D,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the limit, but the 360 at least is around 200 F (whatever that is in celsius. I think it's more like 190 or 195 degrees. don't worry about the fan going on louder. I own a ps5 and an xbox series x, neither one is loud beyond scanning the disc, if using one. what I'm trying to say is that both sony and microsoft opted for a quieter system than a reliable one, so I'm sure the ps5's fan doesn't kick off until it's very hot.

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like your instability or crashing when returning from standby is the nature of the beast when dealing with a jailbroken ps4. I use to have a ps4 pro on 5.05 and when I had this it was incredibly unstable. It in the end is why I decided to sell it. It crashed at one day and I didn't have my db backed up so I lost access to all my games. Got frustrated with it and said I'm done. Those temps are normal so just relax. If it starts hitting 85-90C then you can worry and replace the thermal paste. If you're worried about it now, replace the thermal paste and be done with it before you do have problems.

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds like your instability or crashing when returning from standby is the nature of the beast when dealing with a jailbroken ps4. I use to have a ps4 pro on 5.05 and when I had this it was incredibly unstable. It in the end is why I decided to sell it. It crashed at one day and I didn't have my db backed up so I lost access to all my games. Got frustrated with it and said I'm done. Those temps are normal so just relax. If it starts hitting 85-90C then you can worry and replace the thermal paste. If you're worried about it now, replace the thermal paste and be done with it before you do have problems.
with the fan at max it won't give me 85-90C
if one day I have to change the thermal paste I will need a torx t8 I don't have it and I will need a screwdriver cross I have a lot of them
the air gun i don't have it but i better not use it i am afraid to make the ps4 worse but i can remove the thermal paste with alcohol
they say on the ps3 you have to change the nec tokin i think the ps4 has them too the nec tokin
perhaps with a soldering iron the nec rokins are removed
I'm not handy with the air gun
they say the best thermal paste is arctic mx4

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with the fan at max it won't give me 85-90C
if one day I have to change the thermal paste I will need a torx t8 I don't have it and I will need a screwdriver cross I have a lot of them
the air gun i don't have it but i better not use it i am afraid to make the ps4 worse but i can remove the thermal paste with alcohol
they say on the ps3 you have to change the nec tokin i think the ps4 has them too the nec tokin
perhaps with a soldering iron the nec rokins are removed
I'm not handy with the air gun
they say the best thermal paste is arctic mx4
Exactly. Which leads me to the point that I said. Don't worry about it. It will be fine. Don't look for problems when no problem exists. I have had good experience with Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste. Lowered my laptop idle temps from 45 to 38 degrees C over stock paste. Still gets pretty hot while gaming though.

Practice preventative maintenance. Have a can of compressed air on hand to keep the dust away. Which leads to the old saying. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure.

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Exactly. Which leads me to the point that I said. Don't worry about it. It will be fine. Don't look for problems when no problem exists. I have had good experience with Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste. Lowered my laptop idle temps from 45 to 38 degrees C over stock paste. Still gets pretty hot while gaming though.

Practice preventative maintenance. Have a can of compressed air on hand to keep the dust away. Which leads to the old saying. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure.
can one screwdriver be bought? I want a torx t8 and that's it
I have the other screwdrivers and I don't want to buy them back to have the torx t8
Is ethyl alcohol good for removing thermal paste? with the heat gun it ends up doing damage
I have to keep the heat gun at a distance
if it's close it will damage the motherboard
that's why I prefer alcohol

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can one screwdriver be bought? I want a torx t8 and that's it
I have the other screwdrivers and I don't want to buy them back to have the torx t8
Is ethyl alcohol good for removing thermal paste? with the heat gun it ends up doing damage
I have to keep the heat gun at a distance
if it's close it will damage the motherboard
that's why I prefer alcohol
Maybe. I dunno, I've never bought just one screw driver as personally I prefer to have a set with multiple bits. You may also need a security torx. I know you needed one for the slim ps3 but only took apart a ps4 pro. You don't remove thermal paste with a heat gun. That's just a terrible idea. No, No, and No. Don't ever use a heat gun to remove thermal paste. Ethyl or isopropyl alcohol will work. Just use a qtip and go gently if need be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over