Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
An application was released recently that allows you to connect your PS3 controller(s) (up to four!) to your Android via Bluetooth.

It's quite nice for emulators because it gives you more buttons than a Wiimote. Configured with the right buttons, it works flawlessly with Snes9x EX and FPse (psx). The application isn't free, though... it's shy of $2.

Check if your device is compatible for free:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.d...tibilitychecker

Instructions:
http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxis...structions.html
It requires a pc to pre-pair the PS3 controller with your Bluetooth hardware address. See the link for more information!

Application Link:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.d...xaxiscontroller

The app in action
[youtube]bGulIF85SnM[/youtube]

Requirements
  • Root (Thanks jalaneme!)
  • Not a sense based rom or similar vendor based roms. Check out this page for more details.(Note: You can, however, use an HTC phone with a different rom on it (e.g. CM7) and that'll probably work. Works for me!)

*I know it kinda' looks like I'm affiliated with this product and trying to sell it, but I'm not. I just really enjoy it! As soon as there is a free one (like Wiimote) I'll check it out and probably replace this whole topic.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm. But why? i mean, yeah thats cool but what about physical buttons? i have played games require touch controls (GBA pokemon emerald and such) and i always miss the buttons even if im looking at them.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BortzANATOR said:
Mmm. But why? i mean, yeah thats cool but what about physical buttons? i have played games require touch controls (GBA pokemon emerald and such) and i always miss the buttons even if im looking at them.Wat? Actually, this is an app that allows you to use a physical PS3 controller on your Android device. For example, check out this video:
QUOTE(Lolcat @ Aug 15 2011, 08:41 PM) Would this work on sense?
Sadly, Sense is not compatible with most of these Bluetooth connections. The reasoning is slightly over my head. Both the wiimote and the sixaxis applications use some 'low-level' programming in the Bluetooth stack that Sense ROMs (and some others) can't handle. Anyway, it's a good bet that it won't work, but you can always give the free compatibility checker a shot.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
BortzANATOR said:
Mmm. But why? i mean, yeah thats cool but what about physical buttons? i have played games require touch controls (GBA pokemon emerald and such) and i always miss the buttons even if im looking at them.Wat? Actually, this is an app that allows you to use a physical PS3 controller on your Android device. For example, check out this video:
QUOTE(Lolcat @ Aug 15 2011, 08:41 PM) Would this work on sense?
Sadly, Sense is not compatible with most of these Bluetooth connections. The reasoning is slightly over my head. Both the wiimote and the sixaxis applications use some 'low-level' programming in the Bluetooth stack that Sense ROMs (and some others) can't handle. Anyway, it's a good bet that it won't work, but you can always give the free compatibility checker a shot.
Oh. Wow. Im an idiot.
I thought it was the other way around. Sorry about that.

Ok thats really cool.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bryon15 said:
Would this work on a rooted nook color?
I'll have to try it when I get home! My controller is on my table at my house but I do have my nook with me at work. I tried the compatibility checker on it a while ago when it first came out and it said it would work.

Oh wait, do you mean a Nook Color with root running stock or a Nook Color running CM7? My test was with a Nook Color running CM7 nightly 150.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I mean one running CM7 nightly. Actually I haven't bought a nook color yet. I'm looking to get one soon. It would be awesome to use my PS3 controller on it to play emulators. Which guide did you follow to root your nook color?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty cool.
smile.gif
Can't wait til the Transformer Pad has better native 360 controller support...

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@Bryon15I can confirm that it works on a Nook Color with CM7 with at least Nightly 150. I tried it out with Nesoid and it worked swimmingly.

As for buying a Nook Color. At this "late" in its life, I don't know if I can recommend it unless you can grab it for $150. With all the sweet new tablets coming out and the next Android version Ice Cream Sundae (rumoured 4.0), the Nook Color is dragging its feet. Not that I am NOT happy with it. But with stuff like the Acer A100 Iconia Tab (Another 7 inch tablet) in view, I would probably buy that instead.

Guide eh? It's been a while since I did it (beginning of March). It's pretty easy these days, it boots right off the MicroSD! Load up clockworkmod and the nightly+gapps and you're set to flash it no problem. Head over to the nook xda dev forum and there are lots of information.

@Mchief298Transformer has Xbox 360 support? Nice! Wired or Wireless? I could see how it could be done with the USB Dongle for wireless. Wired would be a no-brainer since it's just USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk