Gaming 8BitDo Wireless Adapter 2, does this adapter worth for the Pro 2 controller? Does this adapter improve the Bluetooth latency or stability?

Jotunheim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Greetings, guys.

Look, I bought an 8BitDo Pro 2 Classic G Edition (Bluetooth) and as everyone here probably knows, this controller does not come with a Bluetooth adapter. My use is on a computer, specifically on Windows, and I noticed that its latency is variable when I use it with my cheap CSR Bluetooth 4.0 adapter.

Firstly I updated the controller to the firmware v3.02 and then tested using this program to check the latency - fell free to test your Pro 2 and report here as well, apparently the Classic G Edition is faster than the Black and Grey editions. My results: through the Bluetooth the polling rate varies from 57 Hz to 101 Hz, through the cable the polling rate usually remains stable between 95 Hz and 101 Hz.

Considering this, I decided to buy a new Bluetooth adapter. I'm between a TP-Link UB500 and 8BitDo's own adapter, the Wireless Adapter 2.
Guys, I'm coming here to ask if any user on this forum has ever felt the need to buy the Wireless Adapter 2 and if there are a noticeable difference in latency/stability compared to any other generalist Bluetooth adapter, made for a thousand of device types. So, has anyone here experienced this?

Cheers!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think this is the same adapter that comes included with the base station on the other models, including the one I have. In which case it's definitely a great buy because it also enables a 2.4GHz connection in addition to Bluetooth, and that's always my preference when available. It's also just more versatile in the number of systems it's compatible with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto