PS1/2 PS2 Slim (90000) won't play Dragon Quest 5 w/translation patch

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the page for the patch http://www.dqtranslations.com/projects/dq5r (I use the DW version, but I doubt that makes a difference)

Anyway, I'm using Swap Magic 3.6, but on the Slim, all that happens is a black screen when trying this game.

The game will load (using SM 3.6 or 2.0) on my old PS2 bought in 2001, but it is on its last legs and will probably die completely at some point. But that proves it's not SM being incompatible with the game or the disc being a bad burn.

Other burned games I've tried DO work on the Slim using SM 3.6, so it doesn't seem like there's any obvious issue here where it doesn't work with backups. I know it won't work with FreeMCboot or whatever, but like I said, I'm using SM.

I bought the Slim new about 2 years ago, it's barely gotten any use (probably less than even 24 hrs total), so I doubt its worn out in any way.

Any idea what's going on? Is DQ5 just not compatible with certain Slims? Is there any way to get this game running on the 90000 so I can return my old PS2 to its retirement?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hello everyone
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BakerMan what systems do you have
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are your favorite games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are you currently playing?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    Just started God of War 2 on the PS2
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    why we saying hello again for?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, cuz you both werent here
    +1
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?