Hacking PS1/2 How to hack a PS2 slim in 2022?

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree, its an amazing hack, but modding for me is all about convenience. And burning disks doesn't align with my own perceived convenience. Prefer helping OPL devs to optimize further their application.

Windows_10_User

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Forgot to quote the message I was replying to!

Does Linux support SMB 1.0, and if so, will it keep supporting it in the near future? Also, I was hoping there was a less radical solution because I don't want to install another OS, especially when I don't even know how to work with it. Maybe there's a program compatible with Windows 10/11 that supports SMB 1.0.

EDIT: It seems there's a tool called OPL-Server that supports SMB 1.0 and so enabling the latter on the PC isn't needed.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, its an amazing hack, but modding for me is all about convenience. And burning disks doesn't align with my own perceived convenience. Prefer helping OPL devs to optimize further their application.
yeah, I was using a modchip for burns that I own, but I think the laser is dying yet again. my laptop doesn't have a burner whatsoever, and my parents' is screwed up for some reason. that's why I made the recent jump to opl with an mc2sio. all games run perfectly except mega man anniversary collection, which is supposed to work. no idea why that's happening.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if you need the network installation disc in order to use ethernet on the ps2? I just bought an ethernet cable so that I can download the configurations for games with opl, but I don't know if I need that disc to set up everything or not.

Windows_10_User

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
does anyone know if you need the network installation disc in order to use ethernet on the ps2? I just bought an ethernet cable so that I can download the configurations for games with opl, but I don't know if I need that disc to set up everything or not.

What configurations for games? I'm curious.

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
no, it is not needed... ulaunch let you configure the same way the official network dvd configures

Reactions: godreborn

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use any PS2 online game i have an copy of outlaw volley ball lying around and that worked. it's a shame i can't get Mortal Kombat Decption working on line and those people at PS2 online site won't help me with it.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use any PS2 online game i have an copy of outlaw volley ball lying around and that worked. it's a shame i can't get Mortal Kombat Decption working on line and those people at PS2 online site won't help me with it.
do you know whether compatibility could be different with mc2sio, different sd cards, or is it the same compatibility no matter what?

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know. I don't know what it's for. I might have to buy one.

Oh, you're talking about the CFG files. Some games have a setting to create a network connection and so you can use them instead of the Network Access Disc. That network connection is needed to play games online so it has nothing to do with downloading the CFG files. The network connection the Network Access Disc and some games create isn't used by OPL to download the files you mentioned and so it's not needed. OPL's Network Update setting only downloads the CFG files regarding the games OPL detects.

It seems this site also offers CFG files but OPL's latest versions might support the games without them since all of these CFG files were tested in older OPL stable versions so they might not be needed in more recent OPL stable and Beta's (the same thing may go for the CFG files downloaded from OPL).

Are the CFG files downloaded by OPL updated?

no, it is not needed... ulaunch let you configure the same way the official network dvd configures

What do you mean? How can a network configuration be created in uLE? Are you talking about uLE's PS2Net? Then, it's not used for that but as a FTP server to upload files from the PC to the PS2 and to download files from the latter to the former.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

nubie

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The best option for ps2 slim still use dvd r either plus r or min r with modchip , but find original optical lens for ps2 is really hard

nubie

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Speed and compatibility is best for me before optical lens is became weak after years of use in my ps2 slim 9 series

I can't find original optical lens here

I use ps2 slim 7 series now with opl 1.0 external

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte