PS2 component cable

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Joe88, Jul 1, 2011.

Jul 1, 2011

PS2 component cable by Joe88 at 8:45 PM (705 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Joe88
    OP

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    so I just got this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MRLDP...=A3E5K6GEFSI075
    plugged it in and I dont see a difference, text is still blurry, and overall I dont see a difference from composite, which is opposite of what most of the reviews are saying

anyone have an idea whats wrong?

the ps2 (phat v10) options already has the component Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr setting on, screen setting is 16:9
    my HDTV (toshiba 40E200U1) uses Y / Pb / Pr

2. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Blurriness is probably caused by upscaling in the tv. In most games component will just get rid of dot crawl. It's only if games support 720p/1080i that you'll notice any difference.
    There is homebrew that uses 1080i, which only works using component. You'll notice more of a difference with that.

Component is the best way of connecting your ps2 to your tv.

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    1- use component and set Y/Pb/Pr in the console setting (You already did, so it's fine)
    2- You have to play a progressive scan compatible games
    3- You have to tell games that you want them to be displayed in progressive scan mode.

Keep [​IMG] and [​IMG] pressed on the Playstation2? boot logo until the game asks you if you want to change display resolution to 480p.

If you have no prompt, the game is 480i or 576i only.
    Some games may detect it automatically (very rare), or have a setting in the game option instead of the game boot (like Burn Out 3, Tomb Raider Legend).
    Some graphically whore games are not progressive scan compatible, WTF? (FFXII [​IMG])
    A great game with Progressive Scan is Valkyrie Profile 2 [​IMG]