Project Ukulele: Spiritual Successor To RareWare Games Being Developed

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want a Grant Kirkhope soundtrack where EVERY music is just him blowing into a kazoo.

Either way, I hope these stetch goals doesn't mean we won't seen the game delayed until 2018 but at the same time, I don't want to imagine a rushed game for the 2016 release date.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I want a Grant Kirkhope soundtrack where EVERY music is just him blowing into a kazoo.

Either way, I hope these stetch goals doesn't mean we won't seen the game delayed until 2018 but at the same time, I don't want to imagine a rushed game for the 2016 release date.

They said they carefully chose stretch goals that wouldn't impact the release date by giving the developers more work to do, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I really hope it reaches the £1.5M stretch goal, an orchestrated soundtrack would be awesome (and I'm definitely going to get one of the perks that has the soundtrack :D )

I dunno. I feel like they're running out of ideas for what to add that won't either tack on too much time to the project, or won't defeat various purposes of the project as they've laid them out. Regardless, the Kickstarter project, as most do after the first few days, is starting to run out of steam. I think 1.5m, unless the project gets another amazing boost, will act as a nice, final stretch goal.

I mean, consider:
Day 1 - The project gained around 1,000,000.
Day 2 - The project gained around 200,000.

Day three onward is just going to continue to see lower and lower numbers, which is totally expected when you consider that the majority of people even sort of hyped for this probably backed in these first couple of days.
Except for the people who set a reminder to back it, like I did. I feel like if I back it now then the wait is going to be even more excruciating than if I wait a few weeks :P

Reactions: Margen67

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I really hope for a 3DS version in one of the next stretch goals. Having it on the go would be amazing :D
I doubt the 3DS is strong enough for what they want to do, and considering one of the stretch goals at this point was simply an official "Let's Play", I doubt anymore systems are going to be up for getting this game, at least not before the game actually launches.

Edit: General status update - the project is around at around 1.467 million pounds now. The 1.5 million should happen, but expecting any stretch goals past that to happen is probably unrealistic.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Woooo update. First off, the project is super close to the 1.5 million goal. At 1.492 million, the final stretch goal should be hit in the next couple of days. Now, as for content, meet:

c0d548f3d47f0d9b2df6f53850237c9a_original.png
Read about the role of this support character with the terrible yet funny name here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/posts/1224831

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the project saw an unexpected 10k boost in the past couple of hours and has obtained the final stretch goal as they are right now. I'm a little surprised since otherwise the project has been crawling for the past five days or so.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the project saw an expected 10k boost in the past couple of hours and has obtained the final stretch goal as they are right now. I'm a little surprised since otherwise the project has been crawling for the past five days or so.
Do you mean unexpected?

Anyway, I doubt we will have anymore than 2 stretch goals, if any. It would be nice to have portable versions, but that may be too much on the team.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean unexpected?

Anyway, I doubt we will have anymore than 2 sketch goals, if any. It would be nice to have portable versions, but that may be too much on the team.
Quite right. Good catch.

And I'm also doubting that we'll see further goals, and I know we won't be getting portable versions. I mean, maybe the Vita (only if Sony decides it's indie enough for them lolsad), but I just don't see the 3DS being strong enough to handle what they want to do.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite right. Good catch.

And I'm also doubting that we'll see further goals, and I know we won't be getting portable versions. I mean, maybe the Vita (only if Sony decides it's indie enough for them lolsad), but I just don't see the 3DS being strong enough to handle what they want to do.
New 3ds? Not that the portable version has to be an exact copy.

Btw, they pass 2m.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really thought that they should had contacted 2 Player Productions, so that the making of the game could be documented properly ...a pity

Other then that, they have a good amount of good things to deliver, with all those Stretch-goals reached

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY